Division II National Championship

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Division 2 National Championship Preview
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
<?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:placeName w:st="on">Barton</st1:placeName> <st1:place w:st="on">College</st1:place> (<st1:State w:st="on">North Carolina</st1:State>) Bulldogs vs. <st1:placeName w:st="on">Winona</st1:placeName> <st1:placeName w:st="on">State</st1:placeName> (<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:State w:st="on">Minnesota</st1:State></st1:place>) Warriors

March 24-CBS 1 PM Eastern, 12 Central

<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Winona</st1:placeName> <st1:placeName w:st="on">State</st1:placeName></st1:place> is riding a D2 record 57 game winning streak and defending their 2006 National Championship. They started 3 whites every game this season, and their 3 top bench players are white. 6-8 Junior Forward John Smith leads the team in scoring with 16.8 a game, plus leads the team in rebounds, FG %, and blocks. Senior Guard Zack Malvik is second in scoring, leads the starters in 3PT% and FT%. Senior Guard Joe Ingvalson averages 16 minutes and 4.1 points a game. The bench stars include Freshman Guard David Johnson, who gets 19 minutes a game and 11.3 points. Also, Travis Whipple, an undersized Sophomore Guard, gets 15 minutes and 3.3 points a game. Josh Korth, a Sophomore Guard, averages 12 minutes and 4 points a game.

<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Barton</st1:placeName> <st1:place w:st="on">College</st1:place></st1:place> comes in being ranked 15<SUP>th</SUP> in the final poll. They have started 2 or 3 whites this year, depending on the game. Instead of starting the same 5 for every game, they have had 10 different starters. The white starters include Sophomore Guard Bobby Buffaloe, who is third on the team in scoring with 15.7 a game and shoots almost 55% from the floor, good enough for third on the team. He is leading the team from the line at 86%. Senior Post player Mark Friscone leads the team in shooting from the floor with 57.2% and averages over 12 points a game. The other white contributor/starter is Alejo Barovero, a Senior Guard/Forward. He has started over half the games he has played in this year and is averaging 15.9 points, which is second on the team.

Kaptain

Master
Winona State also beat the crap out of the mostly black University of Minnesota this season.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Crap! What a pathetic ending to that game.
smiley7.gif
I'm thinking my foray into college basketball may be a one and done. I can't take these aggregatelosses.
smiley11.gif

What really amazes me is that Barton is a Tiny school. Excepting the Gym, Soccerfield,and Tennis courts the enitre campus is contained in one normal size city block. They do not own a baseball stadium, though I do think they have their own practice field. For a school this samll to win a D II title is astounding.

cslewis1

Guru
what happened???

Heres what happened

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XafWnuJWYvA

Seeing that black kid drive to the hoop with ease really depressed me. This broke my heart. Unless they start giving basketball scholarships to White European kids, Im afraid this has further driven me away from college basketball.