Diversity

Skipperron

Guru
We start the draft off with one of the sillier things I have ever seen, drafting a bunch of 90 year old men. Players from the old negro leagues were drafted to symbolically apologize for freezing them out of baseball. Sickening.

Then the first round was no more over than they brought on as many blacks as they could and started talking about diversity in baseball, and how glad they were to see so many black kids drafted today but how they had to still do so much to bring back a ton of blacks to the game of baseball. On and on they went. I cut it off at that point.

I also noticed how they went out of their way to have the black players there in Orlando and to call and talk to every black picked. They also found things to pick at on every white player picked but nothing but praise for the athletes er I mean black players.

Riddlewire

Master
I've been following the baseball draft for a couple of seasons, in addition to being a baseball fan for three decades now. I have no problem saying that MLB teams were bullied into their draft picks this year. Both by the implication of the public scorn that was threatened by the black baseball mafia, but also behind the scenes. This draft was very atypical and not consistent with drafting patterns from the past three seasons. No doubt Emperor Selig wanted to score some brownie points (pun intended) by putting this carefully coordinated circus act on television.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Truly revolting stuff. Just shows the powers that be couldn't be more dedicated to artificially elevating the black man's status (and diminishing that of the white man) through the Big Lie of the Caste System. The Nazis were mere dabblers in ideology compared to the fanaticism of the zealots behind the anti-white policies found in every sphere of life in present-day America.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Riddlewire said:
I've been following the baseball draft for a couple of seasons, in addition to being a baseball fan for three decades now. I have no problem saying that MLB teams were bullied into their draft picks this year. Both by the implication of the public scorn that was threatened by the black baseball mafia, but also behind the scenes. This draft was very atypical and not consistent with drafting patterns from the past three seasons. No doubt Emperor Selig wanted to score some brownie points (pun intended) by putting this carefully coordinated circus act on television.

I'm interested in hearing a bit more from you.

I don't think the Tampa Bay Rays' had to be bullied into picking ANOTHER brutha with the 1st Pick. That has kind of been their tendency.

As for the 1st Round and the supplemental picks (which was the televised portion on ESPN2), it looks like the Whiter teams picked more non-Whites -- while the darkest teams tended to pick Whites. I don't know if that means anything.

I'm going to put a link up...

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/draft/y2008/drafttracker.jsp

This is the 1st Round. I see 5 blacks. I don't think relief pitcher, Carlos Gutierrez, of the Miami 'Canes, is black. I've seen him, but I will try to get a better look during the Super Regionals. He went to the Minnesota Twins' in the late 1st.

The bruthas:

Tim Beckham -- Tampa Bay Rays
Pedro Alvarez -- Pittsburgh Pirates
Jemile Weeks -- Oakland A's
Aaron Hicks -- Minnesota Twins
Anthony Hewitt -- Philadelphia Phillies

Supplemental:

[url]http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/draft/y2008/drafttracker.jsp?p =0&s=30&sc=pick_number&so=ascending&st=number&ft=RD&fv=2 [/url]

Outside of not knowing about 1 of these high school players, I see 1 black.

Zach Collier -- Philadelphia Phillies (again)

I want to hear some thoughts about the actual drafting. Frankly, I wouldn't deny that some GREAT White high schoolers (from Georgia, the Carolinas, Texas, Alabama, Florida, California, Arizona, Louisiana, Tennessee) were overlooked. It's practically guaranteed. They WILL get a chance to prove themselves. That's the good news.

Edited by: Deadlift

Riddlewire

Master
As Joe Morgan would readily tell you (or Jackie Robinson's racist family), the numbers for black players in baseball had been on a consistent downward trend. There were good statistical and skill reasons for that. The game of baseball has simply evolved beyond the specific talents of most black athletes. That trend should have continued unabated. This year, however, there seemed to be an uptick in the numbers of black players drafted. ESPN made sure to point this out and praise MLB for it. Well, how did such a scenario come about? Did black youths suddenly decide five years ago as a group that they prefer baseball to football and basketball? That's not likely the case. So if their numbers are still at the same levels in high school and college, how do you explain a significant increase in the percentage of them among this year's drafted players? The only explanation is either self-imposed guilt among the teams, or a command from the Commissioner's office.
Perhaps I'm just overly bitter. My Cardinals and our rivals in Houston had built a powerhouse rivalry that dominated the National League Central (and frequently the entire league) for the better part of a decade, with nearly all-white teams. Now both teams have made declarations of their commitments to seek out and play more minorities. Why? If being all-white was good enough to win the National League (and the World Series), isn't that what matters most? Houston has already started its color shift. And the results aren't great.
Jocketty was fired in St. Louis, probably because of his long track record of putting together mostly white teams. I feel like I'm rambling without direction here. Maybe it's time to stop.
In summation, Cubs Suck!

I know for a fact that Jocketty and the Cardinals front office were getting into it. About what I am not sure. They never did say the exact reason. But it very well could have been for the lineup. Through the years there was an african-american or 2 drafted in the first round, but this year is getting crazy. I don't think most of them will do much. If they do pan out, I will apologize and eat my words. But I am willing to bet that organizations very well could have felt the pressure to draft african-americans because of the historical draft and Bud Selig looking overhead.

SeaJim

Guru
Every game I go to regardless of the city, the vast majority of fans are white. If I see this black worship behavior continue I will no longer attend any MLB games. The black worship is disgusting and will only get worse, especially if Obongo gets in office.

Skipperron

Guru
I heard repeatedly that Buster Posey was a "safe" pick, meaning you knew you would get a good player, not great not bad, but just good.

Over and over they repeated this in explaining why teams should draft Alvarez and other black stars and not Posey.

Then I heard them turn it around and say that Alvarez was a safe pick, but they said it meant you knew you were getting a star player, so you could not go wrong.

I love the double meaning, one for each color player.
And then to hear them sit and brag about the amount of blacks picked. Would they do the same if a large amount of whites were picked in basketball or football.