'Diversity,' NFL Style

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Believe it or not, last weekend's draft showed how "diverse" the NFL has become, according to Len Pasquarelli of ESPN and various league honchos:

As the Tagliabue Era winds down, the NFL still isn't as global a professional sports entity as, say, the NBA, and might never be. But the advances made in recent years certainly have been encouraging. And as last weekend's draft demonstrated, although the NFL isn't yet a league of nations, a lot more nations are sending players to the league.

In numbers that are impossible to ignore.

"The diversity [of the draft] was really quite remarkable," said Elie Joseph, father of former Oklahoma Sooners offensive lineman and Tampa Bay Buccaneers first-round draft pick Davin Joseph, and a man who emigrated to the United States from Haiti nearly a quarter-century ago.

And why not? This draft, after all, reflected an NFL that is drawing prospects from far-flung corners of the globe, and in increased volume. Diversity, on the other hand, has long been an NFL calling card.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasqua relli_len&id=2434221

"Diversifying" the NFL means replacing the league's small contingent of white players with Africans and other foreign-born non-whites. Of coursethe incessantly repeated lie "diversity is our strength" inpractice means the same thing on a societal scale -- replacing the white race in the U.S. except forthe privileged whiteelite at the top of the financial totem pole, similar to the way many Third World countries are run.Edited by: Don Wassall

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
That article is so bad it is unbeliveable. The media will put out anything to forward the agenda, no matter how much of a lie it is.

Remember when ChiSox GM Ken Williams bragged about how diverse the Sox were last year even though their line up was nearly all white?

I guess when the reality is uncomfortable they just change the perception, because perception is reality.

Freedom

Mentor
They're the WHITE Sox. This diversity, has one good aspect. It could bring the game to Europe and Europe could save us like in basketball. Europeans could enter the game at speed positions.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately there's been no indication that Europeans are taking up football in more thannegligible numbers. NFL Europe has been around a long time now and every team but onehas retreated toGermany for lack of support. A fair amount of the interest inGermany exists because the U.S. still has a large number of troops and dependents stationed there, otherwise NFL Europe would have folded years ago asthe NFLthreatened to do with it after last season.

Europeans are as passionate about their form of "football" (soccer) as Americans are about our form of football, but they aren't much interested in our football, nor us in theirs. If the mighty grip the Caste System has on football is to be broken, it's going to have to come from American whites -- and from a large support system of white families, friends andfootball fans demanding that white football playersget a fair shake from the Pop Warner level on up.

Jofreidr_1488

The only thing to look forward to is for the blacker teams to fail.

Someone on the forum last year noted that the blacker teams weren't doing very well and many theories were advanced at that time to explain why Whiter teams were doing better (exp. Whites are more willing to be team players on Special Teams) Anyhow there are some threads in the archives that delve into this.

Right now I just want to see the Titans lose.

The funny thing is is that in the NBA there are lots of Europeans entering there and things are looking up, one could even have optimism, but sadly this is not the case with the NFL, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if the blacks demanded the football be painted like a watermelon now since there are so many of them to deamnd it!!!!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
The PC white plantation owners/media would probably not allow that, as it would stereotype their black chirrens.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Umm Leif Larsen, was a foreign born player with no previous experience who took up football in college. He just a had a cup of tea with the Bills, but for a Scandanavian to make a roster without much football pedigree it's outstanding. Also many of the kickers were foriegners but they aren't considered "real" players. It seems that diversity means minority, because Igor Olshansky is an immigrant kid who took up football after emigrating from the Soviet Union and he was never mentioned in the article. Also teams that tend to be blacker tend to draft high, and teams that tend to draft high tend to suck. So either the GM's need to work on their resumes or their scouts do....
smiley36.gif

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
The NBA isn't just looking up because Europeans are playing it, it's also helped by the fact that white Americans are also succeeding. Combined they are tackling the system in the NBA while neither group is doing much of anything when it comes to the NFL...

G

The professional football bureaucrats that make a living chicken-hawking for college programs and sports-entertainment corporations seem to be of the worst monkey-see-monkey-do variety, and they loathe to stray from the inertia of their group etiquette.

Up here in Canada (which ain't exactly Brazil, so it's not like we're just a little rigid ourselves) it's not uncommon to see football players make freestyle decisions (drop-kicking and laterals aren't the rarity they are in the US style) or for a coach to pull out the obscure playbook. We let White guys carry the rock and brothers throw it. Even Tony Lukins was invited to play DB up here! Bill Belichick is the Bobby Fischer of the NFL for letting Doug Flutie execute a play IN THE FRIGGIN' RULEBOOK! It only took 40 years...

Prediction: Sometime in the next ten or 15 years, some 'free-wheeling' football administrator will take a page out of the Don Nelson book of sport, and figure out how to lure elite rugby players from around the world, and with it a system for easily converting their rugby skill-sets to playing American football. They'll also figure out how to macro-coach non-rugby athletes and exploit those talent pools.

The demographics will change, the style of play will change and the guy will be hailed a "genius" for what amounts to plucking an over-ripe fruit.

And Americans en masse will change the channel to NASCAR when they see %50 of the field covered with Eastern European Slavs and South Pacific Islanders with unpronounceable surnames.

2005_20050415_ASMT238527_UTI0851614.jpg

_39572615_tackleafp.jpg

the future face of the NFL??

..or maybe they'll just further tweak the rulebook to keep these phenotypes out??Edited by: JerveyGotGypped

whiteCB

Master
Rugby players are the toughest of the tough. Some of them would have to make great RBs and LBs. I know being a football player who tried rugby that my great tackling technique only helped me in rugby and that rugby players who tried football would be less apt at missing tackles like so many brothers in the NFL do today. For the fact that in rugby it is all about form tackling becuase you don't have padding like shoulder pads to just run into someone and hope they fall. You actually have to WRAP UP inb rugby which so many guys in the NFL just can't comprehend.

JD074

Master
JerveyGotGypped said:
We let White guys carry the rock and brothers throw it.

We let "brothers throw it," too. Just ask Michael Vick, Donovan McNabb, Daunte Culpepper, Aaron Brooks, Steve McNair, Vince Young, etc.

The Duke

Not to mention the dozen or so black QB "projects" drafted this year and seemingly every year.

G

I'm a rugby player and rugby fan, and think that if top level rugby players were brought up playing football you would have alot of them making probowls, however it is too hard to translate guys that have never played the game. This is because almost everyone in rugby is a slash - your average back in rugby is a rb/lb/p/qb. They have to be very multi skilled and that is why they suceede in rugby. You would have to target very young athletes (Former Cardinals DL Colin Scott was picked up by Hawaii whilst on a rugby under 18's tour)

Here is one guy who would make a great WR and is young enough to play some college ball and pick up the game.

http://www.rugbywa.com.au/wa/wa.rugby/page/30480

The Duke

The Bucs have signed Jay Fiedler, keeping alive the miniscule Jewish contingent of players in the NFl.Diversity lives Now if only there was some diversity in the media! Is Sage Rosenfels still with the Dolphins? Wasnt it great how Fielder and Rosenfels, the only two Jewish quarterbacks in the league, ended up in oy vey Miami.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Sage is Jewish? Many ethnic German and German gentiles have "jewish" surnames? Many of these surnames are really German but both German jews and gentiles adopted them. I used to know every jewish NFLer for a joke at one time. He wasn't one of the ones of remembered, maybe I assumed he was German gentile.........
smiley36.gif

white is right

Hall of Famer
Wow I screwed up he was just after the legendary Bill Goldberg on the alltime jewish roster........
smiley36.gif

G

Last time I looked, the vast and overwhelming majority of Jews are white. Pretty much everyone I can think of except Whoppi.
smiley2.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
WhiteRB said:
Last time I looked, the vast and overwhelming majority of Jews are white. Pretty much everyone I can think of except Whoppi.
smiley2.gif

Don't forget Sammy Davis, Jr!
smiley36.gif