Dirk or Nash

who would you rather see win the mvp and championship?

• Dirk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nash

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

KG2422

Mentor
I'm pretty bummed about it. No one is mentioning how badly Avery Johnson was outcoached by Don Nelson. All the blame is going to Dirk. I hope Utah beats Houston and then blasts Golden State. That will help a little.

Any one hear the comments by Stephen A-hole Smith? First, he puts all the blame on Dirk Nowitzki for the Mavs losing the series. Then he proceeds to say that Stephen Jackson made Dirk look like a nobody, and proved himself as an MVP candidate. (WHAT?!) Then when asked how badly outcoached Avery Johnson was by Don Nelson, Smith replied that Johnson had nothing to do with the series' losses, that he wasn't outcoached. If a coach has nothing to do with a series then why are there coaches at all Mr. Smith? Smith is one the most disgusting, racially biased, and flat out bad commentators in sports. Yet he has his show, unless that's been cancelled already, which it should've been long ago. Oh and Stephen A., can you remind us how DOMINANT of a player Shaq is. Thanks.

At least Dirk got to the Finals last year. T-Mac has yet to get out of the first round, and Garnett's playoff succes is very, very limited. No one is blaming Kobe for Laker's losses. It always the other guys who have to step up for the Lakers, according to the media.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Nash is my favorite current player in the NBA. but i'm a short white point guard, so i'm pretty biased.
smiley2.gif

that being said, it's harder to find a talented big guy than a talented little guy, so a case can easily be made for Dirk despite his erratic performance in the playoffs this year. he is the toughest match-up in the NBA to guard, unless of course opposing teams get away with mugging him, which is what happened in the first round.

i think Nash transcends that whole scenario, however. he is SO MUCH BETTER than the next best point guard out there, thatno oneis even comparable. he plays the toughest position on the floor and makes it look easy. just look at this photo...

stevenash-1.jpg

even on the simplest of plays, he leaves entire defenses and the best defenders in the League struggling to stop him. in my opinion, he should win the MVP this year, because he is clearly the best basketball player in the world. even if he can't dunk it.