Dead negro found in pool...two days later

Link to Article.

"I'm surprised she did go to the pool because she doesn't even know how to swim," said Dee Reid, one of the victim's friends.

Authorities are trying to determine if she had been in the water since Sunday and no one saw her body under the 12 feet of water.

This was heartbreaking news for Herbert Callwood, Joseph's boyfriend of eight years.

"I can't really turn around say how I feel about her because she's not here anymore," said Callwood.

It's hard for me to turn around and respond to something like this, too. This story and its implications are staggering. A dead negro decomposing in a pool for 48 hours and none of the other negroes noticed or cared. It's hard to believe that this could happen in the land of fee and home of the slave, but through the miracle of diversity we have another amazing testament to why "we're all equal" is impossible to take seriously.

Tom Iron

Mentor
Years ago, the filtering unit in a public pool up in Brooklyn, NYC was broken and the same thing happened to a little black girl. The blacks kept playing and frolicking in the water as if nothing was unusual, even with the drowned girl underfoot. When asked why he didn't get the people out when the filtering unit went down and the water turned murkey, the guy in charge said if he'd tried to do that on such a hot day, they'd have killed him.

Tom Iron...

Bronk

Mentor
FALL RIVER, Mass. (AP) â€" A 9-year-old boy told two lifeguards that a woman had not resurfaced after entering the murky waters of a public swimming pool and appearing to struggle, his mother said.

The body of 36-year-old Marie Joseph was found in the Veterans Memorial Pool two days later, on Tuesday night. Officials have been investigating how she could have been in the pool for so long without being noticed.

The boy's mother told the Boston Herald for its Sunday edition that the woman had bumped into her son on a pool slide before she disappeared underwater.

"He did tell two lifeguards â€" one said she was on break, and had to leave and the other told him they were going to do a pool check," the woman told the newspaper. "But he told me they never did."

The Associated Press, which does not report the names of children who may be witnesses to a crime, is not identifying the woman to protect the privacy of her son.

The state Department of Conservation and Recreation is investigating issues related to Joseph's death, including the clarity of the pool water and whether quality protocols were followed. No one has been charged in the drowning.

His mother said her son is undergoing counseling.

The Fall River pool is 12 feet deep and employs 12 staffers, six of whom are lifeguards and are certified by the Red Cross. All six were on duty last Sunday, the Herald reported.

"Those lifeguards need to be fired," the boy's mother told the Herald. "He's stressed out. He keeps crying, and he thinks he could have saved this lady."

The medical examiner's office has labeled the death an accidental drowning.

Commissioner Edward M. Lambert Jr. with the state Department of Conservation and Recreation said they don't know whether any of the lifeguards looked for Lambert.

"We hope to learn that from the investigation," Lambert said. "We are as anxious as anybody to get answers to this."

An initial investigation showed the water in the pool was murky from the time the pool opened for the season last Saturday. Visibility tests conducted Wednesday revealed a diver couldn't be seen at a depth of 3 1/2 to 4 feet below the surface of the water.

Joseph was a hotel housekeeper in Newport, R.I. She was from Haiti and had five children. Her body was discovered after it floated to the surface shortly before some youngsters sneaked into the pool for a clandestine swim Tuesday night.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Run Stuffing LB said:
Link to Article.

"I'm surprised she did go to the pool because she doesn't even know how to swim," said Dee Reid, one of the victim's friends.

Authorities are trying to determine if she had been in the water since Sunday and no one saw her body under the 12 feet of water.

This was heartbreaking news for Herbert Callwood, Joseph's boyfriend of eight years.

"I can't really turn around say how I feel about her because she's not here anymore," said Callwood.

It's hard for me to turn around and respond to something like this, too. This story and its implications are staggering. A dead negro decomposing in a pool for 48 hours and none of the other negroes noticed or cared. It's hard to believe that this could happen in the land of fee and home of the slave, but through the miracle of diversity we have another amazing testament to why "we're all equal" is impossible to take seriously.
smiley36.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Does anyone remember a story that was posted on this website about a dead white woman. I believe she was killed by a negro savage and was laying on the side walk for a few days before anyone notified the police.

Rebajlo

Mentor
Yes, I once thought that I'd spotted a drowned Negro or Abo at the bottom of a pool - but it turned out to be a particularly meaty Bondi cigar instead. After all, these objects are very easily confused - the cigar is generally a better swimmer though, as evidenced by the lack of a Negro presence in aquatic aports...
smiley2.gif

Quiet Speed

Mentor
white is right said:
This reminds of the PC rock video about Katrina from the band Rise Against.

Didn't know such a music video of Katrina existed. The Friday or Saturday night before the storm made landfall, I sat and watched in amazement as New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin said he would not issue a mandatory evacuation due to legal considerations. His screaming attack on the response of the Feds in the aftermath of the storm was probably, in part, a way to divert attention from his own miscalculations pre-storm. It worked. The national media ran with the story and it evolved into Black Americans being neglected once again. I wouldn't now doubt that it is taught in universities. George Carlin used to run around saying that rich White men in Washington couldn't have cared less about the Blacks in New Orleans.

Here's a couple of actual storm videos of and from rooftops:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYM7DhNzSTM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWMfZA3sY8Y