David Ball vs Mike Hass

I figured. Happy for Hass. Hopfeuly some team is smart enough to add Ball onto their roster. Probably not though. My moneys on him ending up on the Bears practice squad.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Chicago Bears signed David Ball to their practice squad.Edited by: backrow

backrow

Hall of Famer
Bears | Ball released from practice squad
Tue, 18 Sep 2007 14:27:11 -0700

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the Chicago Bears have released WR David Ball from their practice squad

smiley18.gif
is he going to get signed by anyone? i guess PS is not out of the question, but to think that this record breaking player might be done with football without ever playing in a regular season game... what a disgrace.

is this some sort of joke?????? if some other team doesn't sign ball to their practice squad then wow just wow i have nothing else to say.
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif

Lets see if Brad Childress, Scott Studwell and the Vikings have any sense. They have no reason NOT to at least bring this kid in for a look. They currently have the following "receivers" on their roster.

Active:

Troy Williamson
Bobby Wade
Robert Ferguson
Sydney Rice
Aundrae Allison

Practice Squad:

Martin Nance
Joel Filani

All Black, none have done anything to merit being anything more then a journeyman, or in some cases less. Of course do we really want Ball going into a situation where he has to rely on Tarvaris Jackson getting him the ball?

Bears | Ball re-signed to practice squad
Fri, 21 Sep 2007 10:25:30 -0700

The Sports Network reports the Chicago Bears re-signed WR David Ball to the practice squad.

Another report, this one by the Burlington Free Press, said that Ball would remain in Chicago and that the Bears planned to re-sign him before the end of the week. According to the story, the team cut Ball as a short-term 'tactical move' and that he was free to sign with any other NFL team that offered him a contract.

thank god its about time. bears are idiots. no production out of their receivers n the team is not succesful yet no PT for hass n ball was let go....ridiculous

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Its the second coming of Wayne Chrebet!

Keep hope alive!

haha i was thinknig the same thing. and with all the injuries to their receivers, who knows maybe he'll get called up and get a chance to produce. seriously though, they have a former quarterback ahead of him?

Bear Backer

Mentor
whiteafflete15 said:
thank god its about time. bears are idiots. no production out of their receivers n the team is not succesful yet no PT for hass n ball was let go....ridiculous

I agree, the Bears are a stupid team. It is one of the reasons we have been a laughingstock since 1985. Ball deserves better than the Bears. The Jets are pretty bad, but there might be some hope there for him to find a much needed role.

Tom Iron

Mentor
Bear Backer,

I'm a Jet fan from way back and I think David Ball will be activated from the practice squad this week and play for them next Sunday against Cleveland. It looks like Jericho Cotchery is done for the season.

Tom Iron...

backrow

Hall of Famer
yeah, but Cotchery wasn't active today and yet Ball was kept on PS. we'll see.

On the Bears final drive both Davis and Berrian dropped catches that Hass could have made in his sleep. Poor Rex Grossman, I'm starting to wonder how much of his woes can be directly attributed to Lovie Smith & Co's racism at the WR position. Can you imagine if the Best Black prospect in any given position for any given year was treated the way Hass has been? My God, the cries of racism would be deafening.

Tom Iron

Mentor
The thing is now that Lovie Smith has held Hass out so long in the season, he's behind a rock and a hard place. Suppose he gives him a shot now and Hass starts catching everything in sight. What does Smith say then? Of course, people are going to ask why he didn't put him in a game before now?

Tom Iron...

And that is precisely why he hasn't played. Think about it. Anyone who watched the Bears training camp knew that Mike Hass was by far the best receiver in camp. If Lovie cut him, another team would pick him up, possibly play him, and Lovie would've been embarassed by all Hass's production. But keep him on the team, and never let him play a down, and no one will ever know the difference, minus the few enlightened Bears fans that actually want this guy to play.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Hass would be the slot receiver this year, ahead of Rashied Davis who is nothing special, being groomed to take Muhammad's place next year as the number two WR if he were black.

Bear Backer

Mentor
ToughJ.Riggins said:
Hass would be the slot receiver this year, ahead of Rashied Davis who is nothing special, being groomed to take Muhammad's place next year as the number two WR if he were black.

Absolutely spot on. Davis is small, doesn't have good hands and is not physicall enough to play the slot. He starts alligator arming it when he thinks he is going to get hit. Bradley has no football instincts at all from I can tell. The guy has been a project for 3 years now and has made no progress. He can't run routes and never gets open and is useless in the slot. It is pretty clear the only reason he had any success at all in college was that he had a little bit of speed and got good separation from inferior defenders. Hass would be perfect for the slot right now. He has size, showed he was physical in camp, has the best hands on the entire team and runs immaculate routes. Some of the plays I saw him make in camp, the way he had to quickly adjust his body to get into position to make the catch proves to me that he could be an effective slot reciever in the NFL right now, and at least a possession reciever in his career. Like you said, if he were black, he would be the Bears number 3 right now, without a doubt.

G

Even some of the gimps in the Chicago sports media are calling for Hass to get a shot, and for the most part the gimps are effete wimps with barely concealed Mandiko fantasies. (caste whores)