Dan Kreider

White Power

Mentor
I just read that the Rams signed him to play fuul back now this tells me that Leonard may very well be used more as a running back. At least I hope this is the case. Now I ask this question why bring in Kreider if Leonard is as some of you say going to be the primatry full back for the Rams. This signing makes no sense either they plan on cutting Leonard or dare I say it maybe he will be the back up to Steven Jackson.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
After eight years as a battering ram for the Steelers it's likely Kreider is near the end of his career, and may not make the Rams this season. Many of the players signed this late in the off-season end up being training camp fodder. Even ifKreider does make the team itwill likely be as Leonard's backup at FB. I don't see this signing affecting how Leonard is used.

Nothing against Kreider, he could have been a damn good power back, but after eight years of constantly smashingwith all his mightinto d-linemen and linebackers, there's not a whole lot left in the tank.

whiteCB

Master
Don Wassall said:
After eight years as a battering ram for the Steelers it's likely Kreider is near the end of his career, and may not make the Rams this season.  Many of the players signed this late in the off-season end up being training camp fodder.  Even if Kreider does make the team it will likely be as Leonard's backup at FB.  I don't see this signing affecting how Leonard is used. 

Nothing against Kreider, he could have been a damn good power back, but after eight years of constantly smashing with all his might into d-linemen and linebackers, there's not a whole lot left in the tank.

The Rams have their darling black backup HB in Antonio Pittman. Leonard is nothing more than an afterthought. The equilivant of a 3rd string QB, the emergency backers' backup catcher in baseball, or bascially a Brad Hoover type who will only get carries if everyother HB on the roster is hurt.

the main thing im worried bout if krieder stick is that Brian becomes an afterthought and worse 3rd RB on the depth chart