Cutting time.

Skipperron

Guru
It is that time of the year when all the white players find out that they cant jump............or run, or simply play good enough to be in the NBA.

Dan Dickau was cut by the NY Knicks today.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
There goes Nevada attacking whites again. He strikes me as a black man but I guess we will never know. Dickau is talented.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Is Dickau American?

If not, maybe he will get his revenge when he is on a all-white team that beats the next all-black U.S. "Dream Team" in 2008.

Skipperron

Guru
And what determines that Dickau cant play? The fact that he sits while lesser talented black players get to start and play? Yeah, that really proves alot.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Dickau has great court vision and good ball handling skills. These are the two most essential points to being a point guard.

However, right from the get go after being the last pick of the first round by the Sacramento Kings he was labeled too slow and unathletic and never got a true chance other than a token few games as a starter. I worry Jared Jordan will get the same treatment.

Marcus Williams of the Nets doesn't get treated that way. Marcus was the 21st pick of the first round in 2006 and he is the same height (6'1) as Jared Jordan and only has a 28-29 inch vertical (which is also identical to Jared Jordan). Yet Marcus Williams is already getting lots of playing time alongside Jason Kidd and backing him up. He has been pronounced his future replacement. All I hear from announcers is "what a playmaker Williams is." I have yet to hear an announcer remember to mention how nonathletic he is when watching Nets games.

Dickau was cut to make room for Jared Jordan, so it's a push.

white tornado

Mentor
Dan Dickau was a great college player and has played in the league for a while now. But he is not quick at all.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
GreatLakeState said:
Dickau was cut to make room for Jared Jordan, so it's a push.

It's not a push dumbass, it's one less white guy on a pro basketball team. We're not looking to maintain the 'one white guy quota' per team here.

guest301

Hall of Famer
I seem to remember Dickau having a run about two or three years ago where because of injuries he had a nice stretch of about 15 games where he started and averaged about 14 points and 6 assists. So when Dickau gets a chance to play, he plays well. He was a star point guard at Gonzaga, a major Division 1 school in regards to basketball and a first round draft pick in the NBA. If he was black and with those credentials, he wouldn't be struggling to make a team.

I'm a "dumbass." This from a "Moderator." Nice standards here, Don.

I didn't place any value judment on the "push," simpy stating fact.

Jaxvid, while you're busy typing, I'm dong more for white athletes than
you'll ever know. Some talk, then there are those rare few who act. I'm
proud to be part of the latter.Edited by: GreatLakeState

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
It's not a "push" unless a white guy out of a job means nothing to you. Dickau deserves our support, he's played well in the past and his being cut is not good news, no matter if a white guy replaced him.

As far as my personal comments about you, you've had a crappy attitude ever since you've been here, and I won't be shy about pointing it out. And I don't forget.

You're helping white athletes? Good for you. But it's all talk as far as I'm concerned. And you don't know about me either and what I do to help--- so bugger off.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Well disgustingly Jared Jordan was cut by the Knicks today. This is absolute BS and I figured it would happen w/ racist pig Isiah Thomas at the helm.

So Isiah has left the Knicks yet again with no true PG even as a backup with only Stephon "all me" Marbury and Nate "Showboatin" Robinson as his PGs. Disgusting that's all I have to say. Cutting Dickau is one thing as there may have been little room for him and he has been in league for a while. However, cutting the top assist man in college ball last year without even giving him a sniff of the NBA is complete BS!
smiley7.gif
Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins