Cutting of Jared Jordan by racist Zeke!

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I made a post in a scout.com forum about Jared Jordan. It was in a Phoenix Suns forum and a couple of fans thought Jared would be a good backup in Phoenix b/c he is such a play-maker like Nash. Two only had criticism for him. I responded to the two posts belittling Jared's talents. Read below to see my response.

CheekyMonkey wrote: Nah, too slow and cannot shoot. I for one am not interested in him.

TBayXXXVII wrote: I agree with Cheeky. I'm always one for giving someone a chance, but now that the pre-season is over, there's no chance for him to really show what he can do. It would be a waste of a 10-day contract. Also, as bad of a shape as NY is in at the PG position, they still let him go is another sign that he probably can't play.

I responded: Strongly disagree with basing NY Knick personnel decisions as any kind of reflection on a player. Jared Jordan is one of my favorite college players. I have seen him play a lot b/c one of my best friends goes to Marist and I am a fan of their team. Jared Jordan led the nation in assists last year, sure he is "a little" slow and not a great leaper, but he can thread a needle with a pass. He very rarely turns the ball over, is a great ball handler and has a pretty good NBA jumpshot. During pre-season for the Knicks he stood out as their best playmaking PG by far. Jared Jordan is a lot like Marcus Williams of the Nets (who is excelling as Kidd's backup) as a player.

Isiah Thomas is known for making boneheaded decisions. From his sexual harassment case of harassing a female employee, to the grossly overpaid deal for Jerome James, to being heard making racist remarks against white people by a NY Knick personnel (which I will not repeat because of it's crudeness), to saying "if Larry Bird were black he would be just another player", to allowing Nate Robinson to hot dog it on the court. Also he gave David Lee who was "second in the league" in FG percentage and second in Rebounds per 48 minutes and a good defender less playing time than Jared Jefferies and Channing Frye; the latter who was shooting 39 percent at the beginning of last year before getting injured. When Frye got injured and Lee got more playing time the Knicks went on a winning streak. Which included a couple game winning shots from Lee. Then when Frye comes back, Lee immediately goes back to the bench and only gets about 20-27 minutes of playing time. Even the NJ papers near me were questioning this decision. Then Lee goes on to win MVP of the sophomore rookie game by shooting 11-11 and still didn't get more playing time.

See a pattern here; the reason Isiah cut Jordan is b/c he is a boneheaded racist in my opinion. I wouldn't call somebody a bonehead or a racist if I hadn't seen evidence and actually read a newspaper article outlaying an actual racist quote from Isiah Thomas. I am not a huge NBA fan, more into college, but I used to follow the Knicks a little under Van Gundy. However, I have lost all interest in the Knicks b/c of Isiah Thomas. The Knicks could clearly have used Jordan as a change of pace player from "Shooting Starbury" Thomas is the biggest moron in the NBA. So the fact that Jared Jordan didn't get a chance in place of undrafted players like Randolph Morris and long time scrubs like Jerome James when the Knicks have plenty of big men is a reflection on Isiah Thomas not Jared Jordan.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Good job. It always pays to point out the caste system in other forums. I have made lots of headway with people on boxing forums.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Outstanding job, Riggins.