Crosby injured - out a month?

Bear-Arms

Mentor
Pittsburgh's Sidney Crosby skates off the ice after suffering a high ankle sprain of his right ankle against the Tampa Bay Lightning.

Sidney Crosby suffered a high ankle sprain during the first period of the Pittsburgh Penguins' game vs. the Tampa Bay Lightning on Friday and will be out indefinitely.

The Penguins said he will be re-evaluated by team doctors on Saturday, but a high ankle sprain typically can sideline a player for a month or longer. Pittsburgh goalie Marc-Andre Fleury sustained the same injury on Dec. 6 and has yet to return â€â€￾ and he may not be back in the lineup until next month.

Source

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
We'll see what the Penguins are made of now given that lack of depthwas alreadytheir biggest weakness. If they can continue to win without Crosby they may be ready for a playoff run this spring.

cslewis1

Guru
This sucks. that's all there is to it. I'm going to see my first Caps game in probably 10 years in March when they play the Pens. Can't wait. Gonna lay down $100 for a ticket too. But to see Alex Ovechkin vs. Sid the Kid would be awesome...if Crosby plays and I hope he does.

Hockey is back though. I caught the entire Pens/Caps game last night, a 6-5 shootout win for the Caps, who came back from being down a goal with less than 5 minutes left. The OT was intense.

We finally get Versus on cable and are getting lots of hockey in my house. It's great. I am very, very excited for the playoffs. Let's go CAPS!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Evgeni Malkin has really picked up the slack since Crosby went down with 15 points in the past 5 games. With his size it's possible he'll end up an even better player than Sid, who has brilliant ice awareness but is a bit on the small side.