Craig Pickering

greyghost

Mentor
whats wrong with negroe swagger its what is called sprinters swagger be they black or white since when does swagger belong to blacks

greyghost

Mentor
where is dusty stamer now? anybody know and i love watching wariner prerace he exudes cconfidence almost arroganceand hey the strut its gotta be the strutting another thing he does better then the"negroes"
smiley2.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It starts tommorow but they don't run the first 60 meter heats until Saturday. There will be the quarterfinals and semi finals on Saturday. The final will be on Sunday and I can't wait. I wish I was there live to see it. Italian Pasta, Italian Women, Ferrari's and one of the best track meets of the year!

Welcome to the board Kevin McHale. I miss the old Celtics.

charlie180

Was disappointed with Pickering in the final, not even a medal and in fifth place. Worse though was his reaction afterwards - A disaster. His confidence is in tatters.

I don't think we'll see much of him this year, and probably not much ever again if he can't lift himself up a little.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
His confidence is at an all time low but he will be back. He has too much natural talent and the desire to be the best. His biggest problems are three things. The two biggest ones at the moment are his start and his drive phase. These first two parts of a race are critical to get up to top speed as quickly as possible. He has been dead last out of the blocks most of his races indoors. He also looks like he is running up Mount Everest when he has his head down and is in his drive phase(first 20-25 meters). He just doesn't have the proper body lean and mechanics like he had in 2007!

The third problem is his arm swing going side to side. He could still run a sub 10 with this fault but he will never be at his best unless he fixes it. His top end speed is actually very impressive. It is just taking him too long to get there. That is why he is always trying to come from behind. He needs to explode out of the blocks, execute a good drive phase, hit top speed, and then just maintain his form for speed endurace.

If he doesn't get it fixed, he will probably be looking for a new coach after the season. You can count on that! Good luck to him. I still see him putting up some big numbers this summer with a few corrections in what he is doing.

greyghost

Mentor
yo guys told you cerutti would medal and yes for pick mental strenght is an issue although i do still think he is aiming outdoors this season ,and confidence wise he knows he cannot do anything about chambers and the fact he is a cheat that UKA havent got the balls to ban but i do think chambers and his antics eg. newspaper qoutes etc have gotten inside picks head and until he deals with this he will not gets a new pb this year ,and i dont think he will be changing coachs anytime too soon
smiley32.gif

greyghost

Mentor
by the way pick was an excellent starter, see glasgow 2007 and pb 6.55over 60m in kelvin hall, it has to be focus focus focus and self belief that only he can dictate his coach can only do so much and then an athlete has to believe in himself
smiley32.gif

waterbed

Mentor
I also think he will be fine outdoors.Outdoors he got more chances to put it together.(2007 start with hight top speed).I only don't understand why it is so difficult for him to correct ,like a lot of you guys have said his techninical running style.I knocked of last year 0.15 of my 100 in a couple of weeks just to run more on my toes and good arm swing(i did more then 90 degrees before)maybe it is difficult for him to correct arm swing and leaning beacause he runs this way for a very long time.still I predict for him a 10.06 or so this year.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
He seems too nervous out of the blocks about false starting; especially when the rest of the field already has b/c of DQs. You must remain relaxed Craig!
smiley4.gif

greyghost

Mentor
hey guys any interesting white american males to challenge pickering now that john woods has gone to oz for good. i see leblanc is beginning to come back ,he seems to have a similaraction to pickering.
smiley1.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Michael LeBlanc is actually from Canada and will compete for them when he turns pro. Jared Connaughton and Michael LeBlanc will hopefully go even faster than Macrozonaris did within the next several years.

As for America, the cup board is pretty bare at the moment. Shane Crawford of Purdue(sophmore) is the only college guy with a chance to get to that level some day. We just don't seem to have many whites period in the sprints in track. It's very sad as most go into other sports. Too many different sports to choose from. Athletics is just not popular here in America. I'm hoping that it can become more main stream some day. I love to watch Athletics.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
WL: Again there is not a nation on earth that is more discouraging to white athletes in the sports they love the most (well, other than baseball). This is way whites have fallen off the face of the earth in many sporting events in America

I think we even pass France here in our emasculation of the white athlete. The French black supremacy seems to stem more from white Frenchman not taking nearly as much initiative in soccer and basketball as the poor minority classes. France did have (all-time great) Zidane in soccer and has Lemaitre now in short sprint track. And now: finally a top white guard in Nando De Colo in basketball.

Americans have to wake up to the racism at hand here. I am hopeful that things are changing just a little, but it is coming about way too slowly and gradually.

greyghost

Mentor
thanks white, lightning for correction on leblanc being from canada pity about the states thoughwhatabout brad mueller, dusty stamer or dallas robinson where are these guys gone, and tough j you speak the thruth the french national teams are a shamand yep the statesit just doent figurewhere is the next dave sime ?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
As far as I know, Mueller, Stamer and Robinson have all stopped running track. You have to make a living and unless you have sponsors, it's pretty hard.

Where is the next Dave Sime, Marty Krulee, Kevin Little? Who knows, but they are probably playing in other sports or just pursuing their studies. This US has so much talent just going to waste. We still have 65% of the population that is white. Yet most of them will never even give track a second look.

StarWars

Mentor
When Craig raced Kim Collins before Torino he showed some amazing closing and top speed. He slept in the blocks yet pulled off a 6.58 55m. He has publicly admitted that his drive phase needs to change, and I think he is now working on not crossing his arms and staying lower. Reaction to the gun goes without saying, but that was a problem of nerves that will be fixed before the summer. He will beat Simeon Williamson, and probably come very close to ten or even break it if he pieces together a perfect race. He is one of the classiest sprinters out there, and I think he will be one to keep a close eye on along with cerrutti, di gregorio, CHRISTIAN BLUM, dariusz kuc, and the teenager christophe lemaitre.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Good point about the race against Collins. If his drive phase was right, he would be in the 6.50 range. People don't realize how important that is to a sprinter.

In July, England will be having a race in the streets of London. Usain Bolt will be racing Englands finest sprinters including Craig. They will build a special track on the street itself. People will be everywhere up and down the street. It is a new idea to bring more popularity to track. Get close enough to almost touch the sprinter. This is a great idea. Not all the time but occasionally to bring in fans that have never watched track.

Craig will be pumped for this race. I'm sure Williamson will as well since he trained with Bolt & Powell in Jamaica in the off season. Hopefully it will be on tv. Pickering will get his form right. If he for some reason doesn't have a good year, he will be getting a whole new coaching staff. I guarantee that. Just trust me. I think he is going to bounce back big outdoors though. Even Asafa Powell wasn't that fast at 22. Give the kid some time. I often wonder if he might come on this site. Lol.
smiley2.gif

albinosprint

Mentor
Williamson training in Jamaica removes all doubt about his steroid use. as if he size didn't! that kid is just jacked! I really feel bad for Craig doing things right and having to losing to cheats. I really hope the Jamaicans get whats coming to them. the sad thing is, if bolt gets caught it will deal a really bad blow to track. anyway, good luck to Pick this season. with all the juice heads he will run against, he is going to need it!

greyghost

Mentor
your right williamson has missed tests in england and is good friend of chambers , how can these guys get away with this rubbishie as weak acting uk athletics boardand pickering has almost half of his u.k.a funding go figure, i cant
smiley7.gif

StarWars

Mentor
I can't wait to see him and Cerutti run. They are equivalent to Shirvo in his prime right now! Hopefully he's improved his start and form.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
While I'm just as excited as you to see them run, they are not yet on Shirvo's level in my opinion. Close but not yet. Matt ran a p.b. of 6.52 in the 60 and he has run multiple sub 10.10 times with his p.b. of 10.03! He also won 5 Australian National Championships in the 100. Only Ross can compare when it comes to Aussie sprinting.

Pickering and Cerutti need to bring it outdoors this summer. They need to get into that 10.01 - 10.10 territory. Then we can seriously know that they are ready for some sub 10's. I was hoping Pickering would have been there indoors this season like in 2007. After he got hurt last year, he hasn't been the same guy. Still very fast but not as fast and lacking his usual swagger(confindence).

Let's hope they both are in good form this year. At the moment, I doubt Craig more than Fabio. Me and Craig need to have a talk!
smiley36.gif

mastermulti

Master
Shirvington's shoes (literally)

[url]http://www.athletics.com.au/news/news/2009/april/stubbs_stor ms_home_in_shirvo[/url]

here's a great story everyone, from the Stawell Gift pro race over 120 metres. Aaron Stubbs ran off 6.5 metres (which means he ran 113.5metres)
Aaron is 18 and an osteopathy student at university. Running sub 12 in this professional race while refusing to choke even after multiple rounds is fantastic. It is a grass track with some undulations and sligthly uphill.
His immediate ambition is to train to run the deuce for Australia in the 2012 Olympics

And spare a thought for the third placegetter Matt Davies who started off 2 metres (so ran 118 metres)
and ran 12.08 in the same conditions.
Matt was faster in this meet than either Rouge-Serrett or Josh Ross, both of whom he'll partner in the 4 x 1 in the "worlds" this year.Edited by: mastermulti

StarWars

Mentor
mastermulti said:
Shirvington's shoes (literally)

[url]http://www.athletics.com.au/news/news/2009/april/stubbs_stor ms_home_in_shirvo[/url]

here's a great story everyone, from the Stawell Gift pro race over 120 metres. Aaron Stubbs ran off 6.5 metres (which means he ran 113.5metres)
Aaron is 18 and an osteopathy student at university. Running sub 12 in this professional race while refusing to choke even after multiple rounds is fantastic. It is a grass track with some undulations and sligthly uphill.
His immediate ambition is to train to run the deuce for Australia in the 2012 Olympics

And spare a thought for the third placegetter Matt Davies who started off 2 metres (so ran 118 metres)
and ran 12.08 in the same conditions.
Matt was faster in this meet than either Rouge-Serrett or Josh Ross, both of whom he'll partner in the 4 x 1 in the "worlds" this year.

What we need is a big white sprinter to win a race and inspire the many white athletes that are as talented as this kid. Good find.