Cotto vs Margarito

G

I know that these two great fighters are not White in the true sense. Although I suspect Margarito is more Spanish than indigious. Cotto for his part is more hispanic than black. I suspect he is only about 1/4 black. That being said, both of these fighters are true sportsman and let their fists do the talking. These two guys are the opposite of f..king PBF.

I can not wait for this fight. Trust me this fight will be on the level of the first Duran vs Leonard fight but better. This fight will involve a knock out. I post this for the true boxing fans at this site. Most members here are learned individuals and I would like to hear form you. This fight will be epic, trust me.

Blue Devils

Mentor
I go back and forth every day on who I think will win. I'll probably decide right before the bell rings. A Cotto victory might be better for boxing because he's undefeated and a much bigger draw than Margarito.

G

I have tremendous respect for both fighters. However, I want "Tony" Margarito to win. I just can't see him losing to a 507 147 lbs fighter who is great. Margarito walks around at 170bls/180lbs and is 600 lbs. If Cotto wins I will bow down to him, but I just can't see that happeaning.

I see a late round stoppage for Margarito, say the 10th or 11th. This fight will be the fight of the year. F..king PBF only wish he could man up and fight like these two guys will!

Blue Devils

Mentor
Closer the fight gets the more I'm rooting for Margarito. My prediction is a 9th round TKO for Margarito.

G

I, somehow, someway, I have to either get someone to work for me or call in sick on that night. This fight will be a classic for how ever long it lasts.

I predict Margarito stopping Cotto in the 8th or 9th rounds. I like Cotto but have to go with "Tony" in keeping with the "Castefootball Spirit"
smiley2.gif
I remember in the Mosely fight he got tired, but Mosely was also tired and couldn't capitalize. Tony will capitalize and stop Miguel. Can't wait!

G

The Day is upon us. If you boxing fans want to see a great fight, tune into this one. This fight will be beautiful brutality!

Margarito will stop Cotto late in my opinion. I do not think that Cotto has ever fought a welterweight with the size, stregnth, and stamina of Margarito. I am rooting for Margarito!
smiley32.gif

I have to go Margarito also. Cotto can bang but Margarito has good punching power, excellent work rate and one of the best chins in boxing. Cotto has been hurt before and against Torres he was basically out. I have yet to see Margarito even stunned. I just don't see this ending good for Cotto. I think a rematch of Williams - Margarito would happen next if "Tony" wins.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
This will be a war!

I like Margarito, but I think Cotto is the best welterweight and will win because of his excellent boxing skills. But it's a tough one to predict and either could win.

I feel a bit sorry for Margarito, since Arum had him drop his IBF title to take this fight, instead of fighting his mandatory (another Arum fighter, Clottey, whom Margarito defeated in the past). It seems Arum wanted to be sure Clottey got an easier route to a world title.

white is right

Hall of Famer
People are saying this fight could be another classic. I tend to agree it has the making of another classic. It's immovable object(Cotto) vs the irresistible force(Margarito). As Billy Red Lions used to say on Saturday Afternoon wrestling"Don't you dare miss it!". Ps the last all white welterweight match up of this caliber was probably Basillio vs Demarco.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Watching stream online and will give updates if anyone interested. Intros right now.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Round 1 for Cotto. Came out boxing and landing better shots (including a patented low blow).

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Round 2 picked up. Margarito landed the better shots though Cotto landed a cracker at the bell.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
It's a war as advertised. Margo is stalking Cotto so I give the round to him by a slim margin.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
9th to Margo based on aggression. Margo chases, Cotto retreats and counterpunches.

G

Wow! That was 50.00 bucks I didn't mind spending. I am coming out of a drunken haze. I also won money by betting on Margo. Superior stamina+heavy hands+iron jaw=Wrecking Machine. Margo slowly but surely ground down Cotto. I was amazed at the murderous blows that Margo was walking through. Cotto impressed me as well. I thought the end would come in the 8th or 9th round. Cotto is good but the combination mentioned earlier and possessed by Margo got the job done in a great fight.

Margo right now is the King of World, regarding welterweights. I see Oscar taking on the Pacman. He surely doesn't any part of "Tony".