Corey Patterson?

sunshine

Mentor
Before my point did anyone catch that scoring ERROR when Johnny Damon jogged a few steps and dropped a ball off TB's Crawford's bat? The official scorer called it a triple. One of the worst calls I have ever seen . Game was in TB and Crawford, who is out for rest of season with a wrist injury??? is assured a .300 batting average.

OK anyone care to look up the last time a CF had 400 plus at bats(440) with a batting average of .214 and on base % of .251. Awful. I know Steve Finley has had a bad year too but Patterson has walked 22 times and struck out 114. And Finley has a better track record and it seems he has finally run out of gas.I am not jumping to a racial conclusion as to why they play this guy but I am just curious who was the last CF with such stiff like numbers?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Tike Redman of the Pirates is awful. Maybe he'll be gone after this year now that Lloyd McClendon got the boot.

Redman is not a good fielder, has no power and is currently hitting .252. His strength is supposed to be his speed, but he has only 4 stolen bases for the year. By contrast, Pirates slugger Jason Bay stole over 20 bases in a row this season without being caught.

I love this "scouting report" of Redman by Stats Inc.: "Redman's game is to primarily hit the ball on the ground and take advantage of his speed. However, he has started to develop power. . ."

He has 2 home runs for the 2005 season!
smiley36.gif

Bear-Arms

Mentor
Carl Crawford is a good player and good players get calls in their favor.