Combine Invite list posted

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
thanks for posting that, Riddlewire.

if i read it correctly, the Combine invited just 2 white running backs: Eric Kettani and Brannan Southerland, bost listed as fullbacks; and just 5 white receivers: Austin Collie, Brian Hartline, Andrew Means, Jordan Shipley, and Nate Swift.

did i miss anyone?

first of all, it is a horrible disgrace that so many of our guys were excluded.

secondly, how can they not have found a single white defensive back to bring in? what the crap?!? i can list a half dozen impressive, worthy talents just off the top of my head!

thirdly, i thought Shipley was granted a sixth-year of eligibility and was going to play at Texas again next fall...

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yeah JC, you are correct about Jordan Shipley. I don't know why he is still on the list, but he'll be back at Texas. These lists are apt to change as the next couple of weeks roll by. We'll see if any other whites get added.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I'm glad Nate Swift will be going. I am a huge fan of his from Nebraska. Hopefully some more whites will get added.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
you'll note that ZERO of the small-school, non-quarterback skill position players that were invited were white. absolutely none.
smiley5.gif

the white running backs, wide receivers, and defensive backs who completely dominated the lower divisions were completely snubbed in favor of blacks who weren't as good. but of course, the NFL is based purely on merit.
smiley11.gif

G

This is really a central issue in addressing the caste system with those who are ignorant of it. Most of them probably assume that all college football players compete at the combine. I doubt many realize that its invite only and most of the Whites with the best times never get invited. I believe Brad Mueller is down to a 4.20 at this point (4.33 or so coming out of high school) and won the D2? national championship in the 60 M dash at Slippery Rock University. I don't see his name on the list.

Where's Stan Zwingi? He's run in the low 4.2 range, hasn't he? Mueller would almost certainly be the fasted player in the league if he were drafted and Zwingi may be right behind him at number two. Due to the caste system, both had to play at small schools and neither is likely to be given a legitimate shot in the NFL.

Mueller should go public with a challenge to race any NFL player in a sprint and write a formal request to the NFL asking for an explanation for their snubbing of him in spite of his extraordinary athletic prowess.