College Hoops Season 2023-24

So happy to hear Juwan Howard just got let go by Michigan. They need to hire a proven white coach so I can cheer for Michigan basketball again and they recruit top white athletes again.

TwentyTwo

Master
2023-24 AP All America Team was announced

When is the last time 5 out of the Top 10 players were White?

1st Team
Zach Edey, Purdue, 7-4, 300; Senior; Toronto, Ontario, Canada
24.4 points, 11.7 rebounds, 2.2 blocks (62 of 62 first-place votes, 310 points*

Dalton Knecht, Tennessee, 6-6, 213; Fifth year; Thornton, Colorado
21.1 points, 4.7 rebounds, 1.8 assists (56, 298)

2nd Team
Tyler Kolek, Marquette, 6-3, 195; Senior; Cumberland, Rhode Island
15 points, 4.7 rebounds, 7.6 assists (11, 172)

Kyle Filipowski, Duke, 7-0, 248; Sophomore; Westtown, New York
17.1 points, 8.2 rebounds, 2.8 assists (5, 120)

Hunter Dickinson, Kansas, 7-2, 260; Senior; Alexandria, Virginia
18 points, 10.8 rebounds, 55% field goal percentage (2, 113)

SneakyQuick

Mentor
And there are quite a few others as well.

It’s really quite remarkable considering the culture of basketball at the youth developmental level having gone so ghetto.

I would guess the success of star European players makes it’s a little more likely that white patents will allow their kids to continue in the sport. Might be wishful thinking, but I do hope that’s the case

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
And there are quite a few others as well.

It’s really quite remarkable considering the culture of basketball at the youth developmental level having gone so ghetto.

I would guess the success of star European players makes it’s a little more likely that white patents will allow their kids to continue in the sport. Might be wishful thinking, but I do hope that’s the case
Ain't this the truth. It's actually stunning considering that all of the "All American" high-school invite teams are 99% black. The truth here is that just like in football, the majority of high school teams are majority white. And the best of the best are usually white. High school basketball is even more obscure than high school football if you're not directly involved or actively looking. More and more of these white players are fighting through the system.

jphoss

Mentor
Ain't this the truth. It's actually stunning considering that all of the "All American" high-school invite teams are 99% black. The truth here is that just like in football, the majority of high school teams are majority white. And the best of the best are usually white. High school basketball is even more obscure than high school football if you're not directly involved or actively looking. More and more of these white players are fighting through the system.
The aau circuit is just like the 7v7 camp circuit where the system just overhypes and funnels blacks to d1 programs. But I agree that the increase of dominant white european’s has lifted the spirits of american whites to play basketball with the confidence needed to negate the previous psychological advantage blacks had