Class of 2024

El Gringo

Mentor
This reminds me of when my older brother was in high school. I’m sure many here remember the name Kevin Jones, the 5*rb who went to va tech. Well the next year the rb that my brother played with broke all Kevin Jones’s records but couldn’t sniff a d1offer! He ended up having to go play at Lehigh smfh. I was young at the time and couldn’t understand how this kid wasn’t getting any D1 offers since he was breaking all the records this “generational” rb set the year before

I here ya jphoss and feel for your brother. I think it has happened to a lot of our friends and family around here.

jphoss

Mentor
Do you know if your brother's teammate ever acknowledged that he wasn't getting recruited was because he was White? Have you ever followed up with him? Just curious and thanks for sharing that story.

I always find the caste system stories rooted in actual experience to be the most compelling evidence. PA is still a fairly White state and there are many places where White athletes dominate but never get looks from PSU or Pitt. If I recall there is/was recently a dominant White RB in Northwest PA breaking all sorts of records but totally getting ignored during recruiting. These are the types of kids that should be getting recruited in by in state schools, MAC schools and the struggling schools in the Northeast/New England area (Rutgers, UCONN, Boston College, Syracuse, UMASS ) - schools that import blacks from out of the typical geographical recruiting region only to experience years of mediocrity.
Honestly the thought never crossed my mind when I was that young and naive. I do remember my brother, still unaware about the caste system himself, that he wasn’t that smart but let’s be real he’s Issac Newton compared to a lot of black D1 players. And I just looked up his stats and the racist discrimination is even more heinous- his senior season he scored 306 points (a state record that still stands in PA) meanwhile DeAndre Swift who went to the same high school scored 180 points his senior year yet he goes to GA and is fast tracked to the league! So vile!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Interesting.

247 Composite 2024 Recruiting Class

4 out of top 50 = 8%
9 out of top 100 = 9%
19 out of top 150 = 12.7%
26 out of top 200 = 13%
31 out of top 250 = 12.4%
This seems to make sense as every year there are the slew of “overachieving walk-ons” who develop into star players who are draftable. That contingent plus the 12% of “elite” White athletes gets you to the allowed 20% that make the NFL.

Last edited:

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Sammy Brown, the number 1 rated LB in the class of 2024 and Georgia native has committed to Clemson!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Sammy Brown, the number 1 rated LB in the class of 2024 and Georgia native has committed to Clemson!
Good choice and based upon his comments, I feel good that he knows the score.

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...wn-top-ranked-2024-linebacker-commits-clemson

"It was just connecting with some of the players and some of the other commits and with the coaches," Brown told ESPN after making the announcement on social media. "I felt like everything just kind of clicked and I have very similar personalities to some of the commits. Drew Woodaz, the other linebacker commit, I just feel like we're very similar in the way we do stuff. So I just feel like everything kind of fell into place perfectly and that was just kind of a sign to me that it was God's will to go there."

"James Skalski and Baylon Spector -- those are two kids that played the linebacker position the right way," Brown said. "They weren't super highly ranked. But they came into Clemson and got developed and came out being superstars. So I think Clemson does a great job of developing linebackers and creating very, very refined and skilled linebackers. So they definitely do things the right way."

For context, Woodaz, Skalski and Spector are all White and he goes out of his way to mention them. Nice!

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Good choice and based upon his comments, I feel good that he knows the score.

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...wn-top-ranked-2024-linebacker-commits-clemson

"It was just connecting with some of the players and some of the other commits and with the coaches," Brown told ESPN after making the announcement on social media. "I felt like everything just kind of clicked and I have very similar personalities to some of the commits. Drew Woodaz, the other linebacker commit, I just feel like we're very similar in the way we do stuff. So I just feel like everything kind of fell into place perfectly and that was just kind of a sign to me that it was God's will to go there."

"James Skalski and Baylon Spector -- those are two kids that played the linebacker position the right way," Brown said. "They weren't super highly ranked. But they came into Clemson and got developed and came out being superstars. So I think Clemson does a great job of developing linebackers and creating very, very refined and skilled linebackers. So they definitely do things the right way."

For context, Woodaz, Skalski and Spector are all White and he goes out of his way to mention them. Nice!
Right, and thankfully Clemson offered Drew Woodaz as well. His older brother Wade, a sophomore should be one of the starting LB's this season. The much hyped Barret and Trotter will get most of the attention, but I look for Wade Woodaz to make a big impact himself and eventually make to the NFL.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Great choice for Sammy Brown! He’s rocking a kickass mullet too!

Wisconsin landed a DE 6’4 250 out of Nashville in Hank Weber.

Also a slew of QBs have found their homes, including Zach Wilson’s younger bro who wound up at Utah.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
UNC Chapel Hill's 2024 class could be a pleasant surprise. As 8 of their 17 commits are caucasian. The class includes a DL, a couple of LB's, a couple of TE's and a white QB. The other two are, SURPRISE. OL.
Two sport athlete Timothy Lawson, TE is a good looking kid out of Florida. At 6'4 220 lbs. He will play both football and baseball for the Tarheels.
8-17 or 47% doesn't seem like much, but I think that's an improvement over the last 10 years for UNC.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
UNC Chapel Hill's 2024 class could be a pleasant surprise. As 8 of their 17 commits are caucasian. The class includes a DL, a couple of LB's, a couple of TE's and a white QB. The other two are, SURPRISE. OL.
Two sport athlete Timothy Lawson, TE is a good looking kid out of Florida. At 6'4 220 lbs. He will play both football and baseball for the Tarheels.
8-17 or 47% doesn't seem like much, but I think that's an improvement over the last 10 years for UNC.

If this trend continues I will look at the Goodwill Stores for some Tarheel Blue Shirts. Haha. Great update and yet and almost half
recruiting class these days is amazing. The pressure for hatred of everything both right and WHITE has never been higher.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
@Carolina Speed that’s the best haul I’ve seen UNC have in years! Maybe they decided it best to have some student athletes that actually attend class.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
James Nesta a 6' 4" 210 lb from W.A. Hough high school has committed to Oklahoma. He is a 4-star recruit.

Eagan Boyer a 6' 7" and 260 LB OL committed to Penn State. He also is from Hough High. He is a 3-star recruit.

Nice article on the 2 sport athlete James Nesta. You know in the 1980's to 1990's the anti white propaganda was everywhere. You could
see the push and we were told that only the magical athletes could play 2 or possibly even 3 sports. I will forget the over the top sick
worship of athletes like Bo Jackson and Deion Sanders. It was like a cult and it was also at the same time to discredit white athletes. Well
even back then many whites played 2 or 3 sports. Danny Ainge was one of them but they didn't get commercials like Bo & Deion.

Rocky B

Master
Gatlin Bair (Track guy who WL has mentioned) is listed high on 247 Sports recruits for ‘24 as a wide receiver......

Rocky B

Master
I found Duncan Brune, the kid from Germany that has been mentioned along with another running back, Ty Codaz on the bottom of the 247 list

jphoss

Mentor
Mack must’ve gotten tired of dealing with the transfer portal nonsense and NIL bags of cash the black recruits and their fathers demand.

white lightning

Hall of Famer

This really sucks for us huge track fans as he has potential to be even better than Boling. I will follow him in football
regardless and I just know he can be a superstar like Jordy Nelson if the team makes him the number 1 receiver. I still
wish he would do both track and football in college but he seems to have his mind set on football.

TwentyTwo

Master
Well said WL about Gatlin! He's been climbing the rankings quickly!

*DB * Andy Jaffe ( 6'-0 185 ) from Clearwater FL Committed to OLE MISS
The 3 star is climbing the recruiting rankings
Wake Forest ; Duke ; Pitt; Maryland ; Boston College; Oklahoma ; Iowa St; Arkansas St all Offered

A link to the composite

Interesting.

247 Composite 2024 Recruiting Class

4 out of top 50 = 8%
9 out of top 100 = 9%
19 out of top 150 = 12.7%
26 out of top 200 = 13%
31 out of top 250 = 12.4%
Thanks for the stats....Pathetic! Been following for years; gradually getting worse. Only subtle upticks at times.
Tj w red

This seems to make sense as every year there are the slew of “overachieving walk-ons” who develop into star players who are draftable. That contingent plus the 12% of “elite” White athletes gets you to the allowed 20% that make the NFL.
EXACTLY!

Phall

Master
Stats here are a bit outdated, but I still thought it was interesting and worth sharing:
usarecruitingmap.jpg