Civilizations

Freedom

Mentor
For Ancient Civilizations, you'd be hard to top the Egyptians in longevity and the Minoans and Guptas in creativity. It's hard to evaluate China because it's still continuing.

The Egyptians were what would be considered a multiracial society. You have to remember that their demographics changed over the millenia, just look at our demographics over the past fifty years. However, their old kingdom was characterized by a group closely related enough to classify as a race for most people.

The key to understanding the original race of the Egyptians is that the Aryans were not indigenous to Europe. Before the Aryans, Europe was inhabited by people whose closest cultural descendents are the basque and the Welsh are close genetic descendents. Lets call them Iberians. I'd say that the early Egyptians were of this race and they also spawned the Minoan and Danubian civilization.

In Grant/Stoddardian racial theory, the Mediterranean sub group was a mix of the Aryan and Iberian peoples.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Cleopatra had greek ancestry as she was related to one of the generals Alexander the Great put in chrage of Egypt during their conquering!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
as i understand it, the "egyptians" that made the civilization great were a white people, many with blonde or red hair and blue eyes. at least, that is what is shown in the Egyptian works of art until much later in the empire's lifetime.

in fact, there was a border post in the southern part of Egypt that specifically forbade any Nubians from coming past it. it might've been the first "no blacks allowed" sign in the world.
smiley36.gif

but back to topic, the egyptian people who founded, built, and broght the culture to its greatness were white as i understand. only in the latter stages of the empire, when cheap labor (Nubians and other slaves) and multiculturalism became en vogue did the obviously white people give way to a "diverse" beige color, along with many blacks. this decay, of course, contributed heavily to the eventually weakness that brought the empire to its knees.

am i mistaken?

Freedom

Mentor
Egyptian civilization is thousands of years old! The Hyksos are of an unknown race. If it became multicultural during the latter stages of its civilization, those latter stages were 1000 years!

The original Europeans/Egyptians were often swarthy. The early Egyptians were of the same racial group as the Sicilians, the Welsh, and the Minoan Greeks. They were not an Aryan people.

Cleopatra was Greek, but Hellenistic Egypt was the latter stage of their civilization.

They spoke a language that was only vaguely related the semetic languages and had hardly any Indo-European roots. Edited by: Freedom

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I don't know.. they may not have been black but claiming there were white seems to me too much like black claims that the Irish and other Europeans were actually black.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Observer said:
White Shogun said:
I don't know.. they may not have been black but claiming there were white seems to me too much like black claims that the Irish and other Europeans were actually black.

Mummies and mummy hair from Ancient Egypt

Very interesting. All the same.. not really relevant to me. I've never considered the Egyptians to be black, I see them as Arab, which is Caucasiod but not 'European.'

Like one of the comments posted on her blog... what have they built lately?

Freedom

Mentor
Another civilization that is very strange is the sumerian/old babylonian culture. They spoke a non semetic language that has been hypothesized to have been related to Aymara(an Incan language) and some think that they reached South America somehow. Look up the "Fuente Magna."
www.world-mysteries.com/sar_8.htm

Very interesting.

White Shogun wrote:

"I don't know.. they may not have been black but claiming there were white seems to me too much like black claims that the Irish and other Europeans were actually black."

Haven't you ever heard of the "Black Irish?"
smiley1.gif

Some Irish and Scottish people have black hair because of Iberian mixing with the Celts.Most Welsh are heavily Iberian in mix. This was most likely the race of the original Egyptians. The Iberians were a noble and great people and anyone of Iberian descent should be proud of their heritage.

Kaptain

Master
I haven't studied this much but just looking at it logically it doesn't seem like a stretch to think that white people were the brains behind the empire. Egypt isn't far removed from Europe - just look on the map. Sure, it's black and otherwise very swarthy now but so is Minneapolis. What have Nubians built since? Why didn't these Nubians build anything remotely similar further South? Could it be there were no whites further South? In fact, what have any non-white/non-oriental races ever built?

Freedom

Mentor
When I said that the Egyptian civilization and the Danubian civilization were built by the same racial group I hope no one confused Danubian with Nubian. Those are completely different. Nubians are from Sudan, Danubians are from the Danube River. When Egypt was nascent, whites weren't in Europe, but northern Iran.

P-NutLane

Guru
Adam and Eve were white. Adam means "blushes red" in Hebrew. The Mesopotamians were white. The oldest mummies known to mankind are all white! Im talking red hair pale skin lily white. Mummies from China, Egypt, South America, Mexico, Nevada, Canada. All red or blonde haired whites! The proof is not to be denied, but rather, embraced and shared!
smiley32.gif