Christophe Lemaitre "White Lightning" 9.92 and 19.80!

Status
Not open for further replies.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
You don't have to be an incredible starter to go sub 10. Carl Lewis is a good example of that. He was would fall behind in the early part of races and then come on like a freight train. Maybe it was the(roids) but he was tall. Even Bolt takes a while to get going in most of his races. When Pickering finished 2nd to him last summer, Bolt was towards the back of the pack but ran everyone down with ease. Lemaitre is very similar in that when he hits his top speed, he makes up ground in a hurry. I would like to see him get into the 6.50's range eventually but he will have to get stronger. Remember, he is only 19 years of age. Cut the kid some slack. He is a phenom. He will be scary for any sprinter to face him within a few more years. I still predict a few sub 10's this summer but the best is yet to come. Imagine him in 2012 when he is still only 22. Then in 2016, he might just be the favorite to become the fastest man in the world at only 26! In his heat in Berlin, he ran a 10.23 into a -0.8 wind while being last out of the blocks. The kid is amazing.

I just hope he gets back in the gym. He needs to put on some more muscle. With the added strength, he will become a household name. People just need to be patient. It's hard even for me but this kid is in a class all by himself. He just needs to stay focused and hungry like an animal in acheiving his goals. I hope his immense popularity and the women, don't side track him from reaching his highest goals. Christophe Lemaitre is the most exciting young sprinter on the planet!

albinosprint

Mentor
wow, this kid has got afterburners!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Another fine race by PepeLeFlew! Christophe is doing just fine in his progression. He is 19 years of age and has improved his 60 p.b. by 11/100ths of a second and people are still complaining. His p.b. from 2008 in the 60 was only a 6.73! So he is now running in the low to mid 6.60's range and people still complain. He is very tall and the 60 is more suited for shorter sprinters. Despite this, he will eventually get into the 6.50's range. Probably by next year although he may touch that range this year. Remember that he is more focused on the outdoor season. Just think that with his p.b. of 10.04 in the 100 meters, he should smash that with his first 60 meters being so much faster this year. I am very excited for this summer as all of us here should be. They don't call him "The Master" for nothing! I will leave a the stats from his bio at IAAF.org so you can see his progression. Keep it up Christophe and good luck in the coming months!

Lemaître Christophe FRASex Weight Height Date of Birth Place of birth
M11/06/1990
Personal Best - Outdoor
Performance Wind Place Date
100 Metres 10.04 0.2 Novi Sad 24/07/2009
200 Metres 20.68 1.9 Genève 06/06/2009
Personal Best - Indoor
Performance Wind Place Date
50 Metres 5.81 Liévin 20/02/2009
60 Metres 6.62 Aubière 16/01/2010
200 Metres 21.19 Aubière 18/01/2009
Progression - Outdoor
Season Performance Wind Place Date
100 Metres 2009 10.04 0.2 Novi Sad 24/07/2009
2008 10.26 1.7 Albi 25/07/2008
2007 10.53 0.8 Narbonne 27/07/2007
200 Metres 2009 20.68 1.9 Genève 06/06/2009
2008 20.83 -0.9 Bydgoszcz 11/07/2008
2007 21.08 0.3 Aix-en-Provence 30/09/2007
Progression - Indoor
Season Performance Wind Place Date
50 Metres 2009 5.81 Liévin 20/02/2009
60 Metres 2010 6.62 Aubière 16/01/2010
2009 6.64 Paris (Bercy) 13/02/2009
2008 6.73 Aubière 02/02/2008
200 Metres 2009 21.19 Aubière 18/01/2009
2008 21.30 Aubière 02/02/2008
Honours
Rank Performance Wind Place Date
60 Metres
30th European Athletics Indoor Championships 7 sf 6.72 Torino 07/03/2009
100 Metres
12th IAAF World Championships in Athletics 1 h 10.23 -0.8 Berlin 15/08/2009
5th IAAF World Youth Championships 4 f 10.67 -0.4 Ostrava 12/07/2007
200 Metres
12th IAAF World Junior Championships 1 f 20.83 -0.9 Bydgoszcz 11/07/2008
5th IAAF World Youth Championships 5 f 21.15 -0.2 Ostrava 15/07/2007
Edited by: white lightning

albinosprint

Mentor
does anyone know if the Rocket has been running?

The Master

Guru
Hi there.

At the time when Yuri Malenkov did his post, Christophe was not the fastest U21.

Now he is :)

He ran 6'55 today, in the french U21 championship.

- New French U21 record.

- 4th best performance of the year

If you want to get the results faster, go on the french track and field website there :

http://www.athle.com/ffa.performance/

You can follow the events live !!

In 2 weeks, there will be the senior french championship.

If you want to have fresh news go on that website.

Vive Christophe Lemaitre !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(It's been a long time I did not post here. It's because I don't share some points of view, I have nothing against black people. I'm just proud of Christophe.)

Edited by: The Master

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the update. Alot of us here feel the same as you. We just support our athletes and our heritage. There are many fine black sprinters and athletes. Also there are also blacks who are good people obviously. We here are a site that supports white athletes. Athletes of European Heritage. It is the only website that I know of on the internet that supports our white brothers and sisters. It is our way of supporting our heritage and giving credit due to these athletes who often are ignored by the main stream media. Please feel free to post more. Sites like Blackathlete.com are just for athletes of African Heritage. We support athletes of European Heritage and there is nothing racist about supporting your own people!

All I can say is WOW. I'm shocked that he exploded like that so quickly. I was expecting at best a 6.59 time but for him to run a 6.55 is outstanding! He has become my favorite sprinter and he is a class act on and off the track. I wonder if they will consider having him compete in the World Indoor Championships? I still think that he should skip it to focus on the outdoor season but I support whatever decision they make. I'm so pumped right now. Congratulations(Feliciation)to Christophe Lemaitre!

That is why I nicknamed him PepeLeFlew!

The Master is going to be a force to be reckoned with this summer! Thank you again for the update and please post as often as you like. Viva Lemaitre! Viva Le France!Edited by: white lightning

The Master

Guru
It's the all time french record for an Under 21.

Ronald Pognon ran 6'45 which was the european record before Dwain Chambers did 6'42 in Turin last year.

The Master

Guru
Here is a translation from an article, the translation is not very good :

"Christophe Lemaitre is not the most expansive sprinter of the French athletics, far from it. But at the beginning of the evening, upon the arrival of finale of 60 m, he(it) exulted for a long time. A shout, the arms which get up then the second sprint towards the line under the ovation of a public necessarily conquered: the Inhabitant of Aix made the show. And not for nothing. In 6 " 55, he(it) erased of a hundredth one of the most beautiful records of France U21, that held(detained) Bruno Marie-Rose since 1987. A stopwatch finally in compliance with its 10 " 04 realized on 100 m last summer and which places him(it) at present on the fifth place(square) of the world balance sheets(assessments) to indoor (and in the first one(night) at the European level). But which(who), some minutes after his(her,its) running(race), was not enough to convince him(it) to make the journey until Doha for the World in March. The film of it 60 m record: at first an excellent departure which allowed him(her) to be beside Yannick Lesourd from the end of the phase of push. Then the second 30 m as he knows so well how to make them, in a mixture of relaxation(slackening) and power which belongs only to him. In the end(final): victory in front of Yannick Lesourd (6 " 74) and Martin Lamy (6 " 88). Christophe Lemaitre did not expect to come down(to fall) from this year under 6 ' 56 of the Bruno Marie-Rose. Tomorrow, this last one could lose nevertheless maybe other one of its reference marks(brands), that of 200 m and its famous 20 " 36. An exceptional stopwatch. Without nothing seems at present to be able to resist to the pupil of Pierre Carraz "¦"

The original :

http://www.athle.com/asp.net/main.news/news.aspx?newsid=8140

He won't race for the world championships, he probably wants to peak for the 100m this summer.

The Master

Guru
Just in order to help you with the automatic translation :

In France we call the category U21 : "Espoirs" which can be translated by "hopes"

So if you see something like : "French record hopes" it means "french record U21"

I did the correction in the previous article.

Flash

been scanning this site on and off for quite along time now, i'm with master as in i don't neccesary agree with everything i've seen written on this site. Great to find a place to find up to date info on a lot of athletes you don't hear too much about elsewhere. Had to make a post after reading lemaitre does 6.55! SURELY hes going to smash 10 sec at this rate. Also interested to see how pickering gets along now hes fully concentrating on 100 not 60, considering that 3rd place today wasnt a bad result IMO. Anyway hello guys lol, i'm pretty new to track so get alot of my info here haha

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Welcome Flash. I hope you enjoy it here and join in the discussion as often as you like. Lemaitre is on fire. That is for sure. I just want him to peak at the right time this summer. The European Championships would be the perfect time and place.

Flash

white lightning said:
Welcome Flash. I hope you enjoy it here and join in the discussion as often as you like. Lemaitre is on fire. That is for sure. I just want him to peak at the right time this summer. The European Championships would be the perfect time and place.

Cheers WL, i just hope that not tooooo much pressure is placed on him, don't want to see any mental blocks, if he gets this sub 10 i can see others finally making it too. I was absolutely gutted when he bombed out of worlds last year.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
No mental blocks. No bad vibes. Just positive energy. He can and will go sub 10. Here is the Master posing next to his new p.b. of 6.55!

8140_big.jpg
Edited by: white lightning

white is right

Hall of Famer
He is running times that would translate into a sub 10 (or damn near close)if the peak of the outdoor season was to happen soon. I hope he doesn't over tax himself with a too vigorous indoor season. His coach has to remember he doesn't have the work threshold of a drugged athlete and has to be raced lighter.

trackster

Mentor
Wow. This is almost too good to be true. His closing speed is already as good as anyone's. If he can start getting out of the blocks like this consistently, he won't just break 10, he'll do it consistently. He'll break 9.9, too. And if they ever find an effective way to test for drugs (unlike the tests that Marion Jones passed over 100 times), he will run down Bolt.

Christophe LeMessiah!

albinosprint

Mentor
welcome on board Flash! thank you for the update The Master!

this kid is just amazing. I just can't believe the times he is running for his age. I really feel this is the year we see a sub 10!Outdoors is going to be great this year. Once that 10 barrier is broken we will see a surge in white sprinters.

does anyone know if he plans on running in the world indoor champs? he said that he really wasn't focusing on indoors this year, but I would love to see him win the 60 at the WC in a PB and blow out the drug cheats like chambers!

The Master

Guru
He won't race for the world indoor champs.

He ran 20'83 in the 200 m, he cut 25 hundredth from his old PB (21,08).

It's the 6th best performance in a 200m indoor this year.

He will run just for the French Championship in 2 weeks and after he will focus on the 100m.

He is better thant last year because now he trains everyday, he does more training (check the photo, he is more muscular than last year).

he has an exceptionnal mind, even with all the pressure around him he is able to run faster.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I want him to concentrate on the 100 as well. That is where the fame and glory is at. Not to mention the big money. If he can eventually get a few sub 10's under his belt, then I would like to see him also run an occasional 200 to lower his p.b. and see if he can appoach 20 seconds flat. To be honest though, I would be fine if he only ran the 100 for the next 10 years. He brings so much excitment to the sport. A breath of fresh air. He is also the first european sprinter that is a legitimate threat to break 10 seconds since Shirvo.

I'm glad he is smart and poised. The pressure will continue to build. Everyone will want interviews and they will all ask the same questions. He can try to avoid it but it is inevitable that he will have to give a response. The quicker he goes sub 10, the better it will be for his career. Remember that Shirvo went 10.03 at 19 and he never touched the time again. He has said many times in interviews that the pressure affected him. I think Lemaitre is at a whole nother level but I just want the sub 10 to happen soon.

This kid deserves to be the first european to go sub 10! It just wouldn't seem right if someone else beat him to it. Summer can not get here soon enough. Stay strong Christophe. Keep training hard. Good health and fast times to you. Just think of all of the youngsters that you will inspire when you break this barrier. I have a bottle of champagne just waiting to make a toast.

The Master

Guru
I think he has more pressure than Shrivo because of internet.

It's easier to communicate with him, we can send some comments on his Youtube page, Facebook, etc..

And if people say to him "be the 1st white to go sub 10", it won't help.

I contacted him and never spoke about the 10 seconds barrier, I asked him how did he feel when he ran 10'04, and about his training.

He answered me he could do better because of a technical mistake he does. He did not have the impress to run faster than usual which is good for the futur.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I agree my friend. I wish we could keep people from bringing it up but that is impossible. That is why I hope he does it early in the summer. Then he can relax and just focus on winning medals in the near future. I remember when Morne Nagel was running the 60 in the 6.48-6.50 range. Everyone said he would go sub 10 for sure. Then he never ran faster than 10.13! Pressure is the worst. Then combine that with the new false start rule. He just needs to run his race and forget about times. It will happen eventually. Hopefully this summer but if not then next year. The main thing is that he enjoys the ride and knows that he has the support of his family, friends and fans from around the world.

I feel like the olympics are this summer. That is how excited I am to see Christophe step on the track outdoors. He is an amazing talent.

All Pepe all the time. Lol. PepeLeFlew is going to be a star not only in France but around the world.

My question is how fast can he go? Are we looking at a challenger to Bolt eventually? You never know. It's way to soon at the moment as Bolt is in another world from everyone but Christophe just may someday become the fastest man on the planet!

Status
Not open for further replies.