Christophe Lemaitre "White Lightning" 9.92 and 19.80!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZELLGADISS

Guru
trackster of course he does not have good star yet,but if in adittion he lose too in time reaction, very bad true?
So about 0.150 is good, because if he make 0.180-0.200, he is losing 0.03-0.05 only in the reaction.He has improve his first steps. Because 6.55(in his previos record 9.98 in france)at 60m is very poor. If he want to be in the elite he should to be 6.45-6.50 range

Regards

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I disagree Zellgadiss. Nesta Carter only has a p.b. of 6.54 so is that ahorrible time? Lemaitre can get faster as he improves his strength. Most of the other sprinters worldwide are so much stronger than Christophe in both the lower and upper body. The fact that Lemaitre can run a 6.55 at this stage in awesome. Just imagine when he starts to fill out his physique! Here is the top list for 2010 in the 60 meters. Lemaitre istied for the top 5 guys worldwide already. The biggest thing though is that the top three or four guys don't usually bother with indoors. Also remember that Bolt is not a great starter yet he is the world record holder.

http://www.iaaf.org/statistics/toplists/inout=i/age=n/season=2010/sex=M/all=n/legal=A/disc=60/detail.htmlEdited by: white lightning

ZELLGADISS

Guru
NO white lighning you are wrong.
I dont tell MARKS INDOOR, i tell his time in 60m when he run 100m
When Carter does 9.78 his mark in 60m was about 6.35-6.40 i imagine,because his last meters are not very good.
When Gay does 9.71 his mark in 60m is about 6.37
When Bolt does 9.58 his mark in 60m is 6.29
Can you understand me now?
If Lemaitre want make 9.90 he has that arrive at 60m no more 6.45-6.48.
Of course Lemaitre never will can make very fast 60m, but much better that 6.55 SURE
Ok

Regards white lightningEdited by: ZELLGADISS

white lightning

Hall of Famer
So explain to me how Daniel Bailey has run 9.91into a negative wind and his p.b. is only 6.54 like Nesta Carter? It shows that they have far better form and speed endurance. They are also a little more consistant at reaction times and starts. Yet they have probably just about peaked where Lemaitre is only scratching the surface of what he is capable of. He has the worst start, some of the worst form and the least strength of any of the top sprinters. To think he has even come close to peaking is naive at best.

Regards ZellgadissEdited by: white lightning

ZELLGADISS

Guru
White lightning i go give you numbers that perhaps you dont know:

Lemaitre VALENCE 9.98
.181 30m 3.94 60m 6.5580m 8.25 100m9.98
Daniel Bailey +0.9 Berlín 2009 WC
.129 30m 3.84 60m6.46 80m 8.17 100m9.93

I dont have the marks in 30,60,80 and 100 for Nestar Carter in his race for 9.78 but i imagine that was about 6.37-6.40 sure.
Like you see, when Bailey did 9.93 in Berlin he arrived at 60m in 6.46 and Lemaitre when did 9,98 only 6.55
Of course Lemaitre has bad start, but he will improve soon.

You understand me now white lightning?

RegardsEdited by: ZELLGADISS

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I understand your point but you don't understand mine. Who is to say that Lemaitre can't blow away his p.b. in the first 60 in a 100 race as well? I'm going by the other sprinters personal bests in the 60 period to make a point. Lemaitre won't blow his time away at the end of the season. Compare those guys all around ability to Christophe and then think about what will happen in the future?

My point is that no one knew that those guys were capable of running that fast over the first 30-60 meters. They blew away their p.b.s but Lemaitre can and will do the same in the future. He just needs to be in peak condition going into the World Champs next year. I personally think that they need to not have him run indoors so much. It wears him down for the long summer season. That is why most of the superstar sprinters don't even bother with indoors. The money is outdoors and you need to be rested and ready to go.Edited by: white lightning

ZELLGADISS

Guru
white lightning i never told that is not possible that Lemaitre improve too his times.
Of course i must in it and we will see Lemaitre get incredible times, im sure
Of course i think too that he does not have make season indoor, only very few for to be in form.
The next year 9.90 i see it possible and with that time, he gets final in Daegu

And yes, i understand your point but i would want explain you that those 6.55 of Carter or Bailey are not reference because they dont run indoor so much actually and in theirraces at point 60m they had good time, by now Lemaitre is a few slow at 60m, and he has improve it for to be in the elite.
And yes, I think that in the next year, he will improve.

RegardsEdited by: ZELLGADISS

greyghost

Mentor
i agree with W.L. ,christophe lemaitre does what he has to do similar to wells and borzov, great mental toughness. he is just going to get better and better.
smiley20.gif

freedom1

Mentor
Relative to his time, I think Borzov was the best white sprinter ever. He only had a few years at the top, but during that time he did win double olympic gold and set the fastest sea level times in the world. He truly was number 1 in the world in 1972. No one would've beaten him at the 72 olympics (Hart, Robinson). I think he was 23 in 72.

That being said, Lemaitre could pass him up. Also, it is harder to gauge in today's drug filled world.

FastEuro

When Lemaitre develops more strength in his body his starts will be better and his times will drop.<div>
</div><div>The key in the 60 meters is the 1st 20-30 meters. Lemaitre is weak here cause he does not have explosive strength out of the blocks and does not hit his top speed early in the race. His top speed comes late in the race. you can see how he ran down Bailey in the 100 and his 200 final - very late. </div><div>
</div><div>Olympic weightlifters have been clocked as fast as some world class sprinters in the 1st 20 meters due to their enormous explosive strength. His coach has stated the Christophe is not at the 'strength' phase yet. It will begin this year. He will be doing more snatches and cleans to develop the thrust to explode out of the blocks and accelerate earlier in the race. Lemaitre's top end speed is tops, but it comes too late. If he hits that top end speed at 40 meters and maintains it, he will run very low 9.9 to 9.8 without breaking a sweat.</div>

Edited by: FastEuro

waterbed

Mentor
I think it is a good thing that his first 60 meters is not so good relatively.that means room for improvement.I liked it when i saw that when he runned 10.26 his was 6.73 most of the guys that run 10.2 with ro example a 6.5 60 meters are not the guys that make it to the very elite speedy guys.

you can try to improve your deceleration pace then but a lot of guys with not so good 60-100 meters have normal deceration they just don't have a very good maximum speed, which leeds to not fast 60-100 meters.Also guys with not so good top speed have not so good end of the acceration but have good a good start and end of the acceration slow fast down because they don't have high top speed. They have to run close or under WR 60 meters to run sub 10.

you can try to improve your deceleration pace but in the top there isn't much difference between deceleration and a relatively not so fast 60-100 meters has the most correlation with having not so good top speed often bad 60-100 meters does not come from slowing much more down then guys with good 60-100 meters even a lot of slow 60-100 meter guys slow you less down then good 60-100 meter sprinters .top speed gives you advantage in part of your acceration to deceleration pace.

Also in his fast races i think it is better too run not technically close to perfect and race 9.97 then too race technically perfect with the same time and also I prefer 9.97 with a slow reaction time too 9.97 with a fast reaction time becuase that means room for improvement.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Great post waterbed. Excellent analogy. I see him running in the 9.80's next year. After that it will be harder and harder to make the little gains he will need to challenge the top 3 in the world. He still has alot of upside right now. I see another huge jump next season. Just the fact that he will be in the bigger races will help pull him to new personal bests. His start has to imporve by leaps and bounds though.

LoLy

Guru
last Lemaitre's interview: "I'm pretty happy with my race. </span>I continue to run under the 10''10. </span>I still have a good regularity. </span>It shows that I still have a little energy at the end of the season. </span>Bailey was the most dangerous </span></span>athlete </span></span>of the race (note: second 10''10). </span>I knew that victory would not be playing much. </span>The level was pretty stiff. </span>That's why I did everything to win"

97549_LEMAITRE_020810.jpg

</span></span>
Edited by: LoLy

ZELLGADISS

Guru
Like Lemaitte tell "I'm pretty happy with my race. I continue to run under the 10''10. " He know that he now is in his end of season, only90-95%so the normal is that he run about 10.00-10.05 like i told, and that when he ran in Rieti when he finish he was surprised that he and all runners had much better time that in other tracks. I dont think that because i tell it, means thati tell something bad about Lemaitre, i love Lemaitre but Rieti give very good times too in 100m(AP ran several times 9.7 and WR, and Carter and Ryan Bailey got very good times in the race with Lemaitre too)

If Lemaitre want make 9.90 or less, without doubt he has that arrive at 60m about 6.45-6-48 max.
If he dont make it, i see it very hard. Of course he will arrive at 60m always slower that other strong runners but he can not have big difference with them at this point if he want improve his times.

Regards

waterbed

Mentor
white lightning said:
Great post waterbed. Excellent analogy. I see him running in the 9.80's next year. After that it will be harder and harder to make the little gains he will need to challenge the top 3 in the world. He still has alot of upside right now. I see another huge jump next season. Just the fact that he will be in the bigger races will help pull him to new personal bests. His start has to imporve by leaps and bounds though.

Thanks I think too then he can run in the 9.80's next year.
If he can go sub 9.8 i have no idea.
I admit still also a bit becuase he is white and then he would be more then 0.2 seconds faster then the fastest white guy ever.
When I see this music clip I always about lemaitre:) this Twins are tall , with dark blonde hair ,blue eys and a bit moustache just like the white sprint master haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYaqnrhhlZs&feature=fvst

freedom1

Mentor
Lemaitre is on the list for the 100 for Milan September 9th. Looks like all the top Italian sprinters will be there too.

freddie

Guru
Canadian National TV(CBC) ran atwo hour program of the Continental Cup late last night.But showing a white man winning a sprint race was judged to be too politically incorrect for their sensibilities; sothe 100m raceand Lemaitre was simplyeditied out of the program as if he didn't exist. I am really upset, can someone please help me calm down!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Man does that suck. I guess Canada must be taking after the United States. I didn't realise it was that bad up there. What a joke. The 100 meters is the premier event in track. How could they leave it out unless it was intentional? We all know they left it out for a reason. The womens 200 meters was won by a white girl as well.

Like I've said before, they can only ignore Lemaitre for so long! He will continue to get better whether they like it or not. The jealousy will be huge just like with the Kltischko Brothers. They just can't stand seeing a white athlete be the best at anything.

LoLy

Guru
freddie said:
Canadian National TV(CBC) ran atwo hour program of the Continental Cup late last night.But showing a white man winning a sprint race was judged to be too politically incorrect for their sensibilities; sothe 100m raceand Lemaitre was simplyeditied out of the program as if he didn't exist. I am really upset, can someone please help me calm down!

that's a true case of discrimination.

mastermulti

Master
here's an article where Gay mentions Lemaitre in a glowing light. It indicates he likes Christophe's mindset (i.e. a winner).

I like Gay .... very different to that little fool Daniel Bailey who ignored Kellar's outstretched hand in Berlin (in that man's country wtf) and just ignored Lemaitre too.

article

Darren Campbell, too, is impressed:

"Former sprinter Darren Campbell, the last European to win a world championship medal over 100 metres, when he took a bronze in Paris in 2003, was more optimistic about Lemaitre's potential against the sprinting powerhouses of the U.S. and Jamaica.

"Other sprinters will take him seriously, now. Because he won a title," Briton Campbell told L'Equipe.

"He can run 9.90 and 19 (seconds), easily, over 200. You have to be patient, of course.

"I think we have found our new medallist. All right, he won't run 9.60 right now but he can achieve what I achieved and who knows what he can do in the future. I don't set him any limits."
Edited by: mastermulti

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I agree mastermulti. Both of these guys have class and integrity. I wish there were more like them but the truth is that alot of sprinters dislike Lemaitre. Well like or dislike, he will not be denied. I still shake my head at the potential of this young lad. Christophe has the potential to run with the best ever. That includes Bolt over 100. Now there is a big difference between potential and what he will or will not do. I'm just saying that the talent is there if they can fix his flaws and let him develop for another 5-8 years! When he is around 25 years of age, look out! It will shock people around the world!Edited by: white lightning

mastermulti

Master
yep, he certainly has the pure speed to be competitive. He has that extra gear I can't recall in a white sprinter.

Wells, was really strong in the middle but sometimes faded near the end (usually due to being underdone because of injury), Borzov was fluent and fast throughout the whole race, Lemaitre is a poor starter, relatively poor in the transition stage then flies after 60m. Yet with his flaws is already faster than them and has the same winners head.

BTW, I'm sticking to my thoughts of two/three months ago that Lemaitre can cover his fastest 10 metre increment in around .84 of a second. I think Bolt has hit a .82, other top men .83, and I can't see Christophe losing much ground to them when flat out.
I really want to see him run the Manchester 200 straight road sprint. He'd have to beat 20 seconds if in formEdited by: mastermulti

mastermulti

Master
19th September will see Christophe's last race of the season. I hope he performs well to a new audience and then have a bit of a holiday because I'm certain it's pretty different to Annecy. Great experience for the young man!

Japanese news articleEdited by: mastermulti

Status
Not open for further replies.