Christophe Lemaitre "White Lightning" 9.92 and 19.80!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoLy

Guru
greyghost said:
the master has already achieved great thing this year. sub 10, 3 golds his name in record books, dont worry about brussels and have some respect both of u guy yeah DP and ZG. cmon guys give us break

Yes, you're right. He is such a phenomenom. He has done so much at his age. Let's give him a brake.

Whatever his time is, I'll be happy to watch him run again. Any sub-10 run, will be extra gift for me.

ZELLGADISS

Guru
greyghost i only give my opinion and i see hard that he get sub 9.90 the next year, but well nothing is impossible.
Would be great in Brussels that Lemaitre get sub10
smiley1.gif

LoLy

Guru
It will be interesting to see next year, if lemaitre's performance, will lead to a new wave of white athlete coming or continuing to sprint. In the US particularly, with such a big population, and the number of university praticing athletics, statistically there should be a lot of new athlete to emerge.

Here (in french to translate) you'll find an interesting info about him starting to train again after ten days "off".

http://radioparilly.20minutes-blogs.fr/archive/2010/08/13/christophe-lemaitre-l-ete-en-pente-douce.html

Here is his complete program till the end of this season:

August 24: Lille meeting (france)
September 9: Milano meeting (italy)
September ??: Rieti (Italy)
september 4-5: Split : team world cup
september 11: decanation annecy (france)
september 19: kawasaki meeting (japan), for his sponsor (ASICS)

So no diamond league meeting
Edited by: LoLy

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I knew about alot of those races but why isn't Brussels listed on there? He should be in that one as it is a Diamond League Race and it doesn't get much better than that as far as competitiona and exposure goes. I see him putting up a 9.92 -9.94 before the year is over.

white is right

Hall of Famer
It looks like he is only doing lower level meets for the rest of the year.(I think Rieti is one below a diamond league meet) I wonder if this will hinder or help a new pb?

ZELLGADISS

Guru
White lightning i would love that Lemaitre get 9.92 like you tell this year for for it he would have that improve his reaction time, his start and to have good wind possitive. I see it hard.

White is right Rieti has about 400m altitude, so a few help he will have there(A.P. always get great times there , so in adittion i imagine that is very fast track)

LoLy

Guru
white lightning said:
why isn't Brussels listed on there?

From the news I listed before, it is said that his coach decided not to make him run for diamond league (even if he could get much money , now that he is euro champ), in order to preserve him from injuries.
It is said, that CL would like to run every meeting, but his coach don't. I think he wants him to be in good shape for next year world championship ans to avoid injuries like bolt or powel.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Even though it would have been nice to see him compete in Brussels, I agree with the decision. To run some mid level and smaller meets will also take the pressure off after a very long season. He can just go out and have fun. He still may get one or two more sub 10's this year yet. I really want to see him set a new p.b. in the 100 so that he will have the icing on the cake. What a way to finish the year if he can set one or two personal bests in the 100 meters. Good luck Christophe!

ZELLGADISS

Guru
T.G. told that only one race better that top3 would be top3 plus Lemaitre.
Is very good hear that our Lemaitre has the respect of the top3
smiley4.gif

ZELLGADISS

Guru
Yes LoLy would be great that he gets his first sub 9.9 the next year,although i have doubts sorry, if he gets 9.90-9.95 i will be happy too
smiley1.gif

LoLy

Guru
http://www.rmc.fr/editorial/122740/lemaitre-je-me-sens-en-forme/

translation here:
Christophe Lemaitre will make his return to competition after his three continetal gold medals Tuesday at the meeting in Villeneuve d'Ascq. </span>The sprinter from Aix-les-Bains will match 100m: "I took two weeks off to fully unpack. </span>I started training last Thursday, just to get back to work slowly. </span>I feel fit. </span>Now I'm going to concentrate on 100m for all meetings that I have to do. </span>I forget the 200m.</span></span>

http://www.leparisien.fr/lille-59000/alma-athle-tour-lille-lemaitre-veut-se-faire-plaisir-19-08-2010-1037632.php

After
cutting one week after his return from the European Championships in
Barcelona, the new boss of sprint Continental said it had resumed
training "in view of (himself) to please" and with the will "(s) </span>'party like it (he) has always had the habit of doing. "

</span>"If
the legs follow, I will try to perform well in Villeneuve d'Ascq," said
Lemaitre, will inaugurate a new track installed in the stadium in
Villeneuve d'Ascq facing the junior world champion, Jamaica's Dexter Lee
</span>and Americans Travis Padgett and Richard Thompson.</span></span>

white lightning

Hall of Famer
What a race this is going to be! It will take one of his best races of the season if he is going to win. Mbandjock is also going to be entered so he faces some serious competition. I like that. It's a good test but I just hope he has enough time to get semi fit after almost two full weeks off.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Here is the link to the meet on Tueday. Lemaitre is on the advertising poster. He has arrived as a true champion. Way to go Christophe. His biggest competition could come from Wallace Spearmon who recently ran a 19.79 in the 200. Spearmon is in the shape of his life.

http://www.meetinglillemetropole.com/

ZELLGADISS

Guru
white lightning i think that Spearmon never could be rival for Lemaitre in 100m.
The american is not very good runner in 100m, he is very good runner in 200m.
So i think that if Lemaitre gets good start he will down 10 seconds
smiley2.gif

ZELLGADISS

Guru
Yes Spearmon has 9.96 3 YEARS AGO¡¡¡¡
This season only 10.15 and usually run about 10.2.
For me he is not rival for Lemaitre.
Lemaitre has 9.98 this year and a lot of times 10.00-10.05

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I agree but he hasn't raced in two weeks. How will that affect him? Also he has had a very long season. Spearmon didn't race indoors as most of the big name sprinters don't. I wonder if they will shorten the indoor season for Christophe next year being that the World Championships will require him to be at his absolute peak if he is to have a chance at the finals. As of right now, Christophe only has the 10th fastest 100 time of the year.

trackster

Mentor
LeMaitre finished second to Mike Rodgers. It was a slow race--10.20--but everyone ran a slow time, and it was a very high quality field. A bit of a headwind. I don't know if there were any other adverse conditions to explain the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.