Christophe Lemaitre "White Lightning" 9.92 and 19.80!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
thanks for posting that link, white lightning.
you can see in the video, that even though he is still slender, Christophe has obviously made a commitment to hit the weight room in the past year. it shows just how dedicated he is to earning the nickname The Master.
smiley32.gif

StarWars

Mentor
My prediction for his next 100 meter is 9.96 (even if there is a negative wind). For his next 200 meter I predict 20.46. By the end of the year he should be well under 9.90 and under 20 if he decides to take the 200 more seriously. I don't think this kid is playing around any longer...

If he stays healthy the European Championships should be a complete blowout. I'm telling you, he's the next Wariner of the 100 meter.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I see a sub 10 very soon but not into a negative wind. I don't think he is at that level yet. By next season, anything is possible. Hoping it happens this weekend. Good luck to PepeLeFlew!

Sub10.00

So is he running inBrazilonSunday? I'm looking forward to this guy going sub10. Don't care about race though, i just like to see fast times. SoI'mvery happy for the first white guy that runs sub10.

guest301

Hall of Famer
You don't care about race, why are you here then? Not trying to be confrontational but this is a site that celebrates the white athlete. All these fast times you like to see, are you talking about all those roided up fast times you get from the top black sprinters? We get alot of trolls around here especially on the track threads so don't take offense to anything I just wrote if your visit to CF is genuine.

Sub10.00

So because I'm black I'm not allowedcelebrate white athlete performances? I'm not a troll, I'm just looking forward to a white guy going sub 10.</span>

trackster

Mentor
C'mon, guys. This little digression isn't cool. Let's get back to LeMaitre. Lightning, is upcoming meet big enough to have some television coverage?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
No it's just another small meet in France. I'm still going to look though. If I find any links I will let you know. Even if it's not on tv, I want him to go sub 10 this weekend. Just to put this myth to rest forever. I would love to see him run a few deuces in the small meets to lower his p.b. as well.

Sub10.00

Never posted here before.I'mguessing Gold is another poster, anyway, do you have a start list for his race?

trackster

Mentor
Sub, it's another "club" race, so it's too rinky-dink for start-lists. If you check the Youtubes of his recent races (posted above), you'll see that he's having to run entirely on his own at these meets, with no one there fast enough to push him to a better time. Still, every indication is that the first time he gets to run on a warm day without a cold headwind blowing him back, he'll go under 10. He could very well outperform every sprinter not named Bolt, Gay, or Powell this season--especially if he occasionally gets invited to run against real competition.

As for this weekend, I guess I'm ambivalent. My heart agrees with Lightning, anxious for him to break the mark immediately, but another part of me wishes it would happen at a bigger meet, so that the race could be rerun on SportsCenter.

Naah, what the hell. I hope he does it Sunday.

The Master

Guru
(I just want to say we can celebrate white sprinters like Lemaitre without being disrespectful with black athlets, sorry for the digression.)

- Anyway before doing a great time we have to check the weather, and Christophe will run in a city closed to Paris : Franconville. As per meteoFrance, which is very reliable, sunday will be sunny about 24 Celsius degrés, and with a little wind between 10km/h and 20km/h so great conditions.

-It's a small meet so the track has an average quality, we always forget that, but he did 10'09 and 10'24 on average tracks, it's not like to run in big and fast stadium (we saw the difference at Novi Sad last year).

-The emulation : Nothing. He is alone in France, maybe Mbandjock could help him to run faster (he run 10'14 this season) but he trains in the Us and Pognon focus on the 200m. So as the 2 first races he will run against himself.

I expect a good time because he is in good shape, but not less than 10'05 regarding the direction of wind. I agree when people say he will be a regular sub10, but to be honest I'm afraid Ramil will go first :)

That guy is so mysterious, I heard he will run next week in Spain. I hope Pepe le Flew will be the 1st !!!!!!!!

trackster

Mentor
Agreed, Master. No need to disrespect anyone. As for the wind, though, that sounds like bad news. 10km to 20km/h is equivalent to 6-12 mph, which would be way over legal limit if it's a tailwind, and plenty enough to slow him down if it's a headwind. Hopefully, it will be less than forecast.

The Master

Guru
You are right, I did the conversion, 20km/h is more than 5m/s, way too much...

It sounds like one these El paso races, usually the sprinters who go there do some great times but too windy, I thought it was because they raced in a hurricane but actually not :), only 20km/h and it's more than 5 m/s....

Well we'll see maybe tomorrow will be the day, the tall blonde guy will shock the world !!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Great posts by the master. Where are you from? Your track knowledge is appreciated and welcomed. Please feel free to post more. It's possible Ramil could beat him but I doubt it. Guliyev will go sub 20 first but Pepe will beat him to the first sub 10. I would like to see both of these young sprinters go sub 10 and sub 20! That would put them in a very special club. Alot rarer than to just go sub 10. Here is another good article on "The Master".

http://translate.google.com/translate?tl=en&sourceid=ie8-activity&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sports.fr%2Fcmc%2Fathletisme%2F201020%2Flemaitre-bolt-ce-n-est-pas-mon-monde_285265.htmlEdited by: white lightning

trackster

Mentor
Oh, and the wind was totally legal. Practically none. Only 0.6 km/hr. That would be about 0.36m/hr.

This guy is phenomenal. He doesn't need competition, a fast track, or anything. Just give him some spikes and watch him fly.

StarWars

Mentor
He improves every race! I can't wait for some competition because only Powell, Bolt, or Gay can now beat this guy. Unlike with Shirvo, it truly is a matter of time for Lemaitre. He has now run 10.03, 10.04, and 10.09 all three times without much wind. And he has run 10.09 and 10.03 in a very short period of time on an average track with no competition.

white is right

Hall of Famer
His competition at this meet is dog meat too. I wonder if he eased off in the semi to save something for the final. Every time he does a 10.0X he is proving that is routine for him and a seasonal outlier will be a 9.9X or even lower....
smiley32.gif

Sub10.00

Nice run he's getting there. Is there a final?<div>
</div><div>I wouldn't put him fourth in the world yet. there's guy like Nester Carter, Yohan Blake, Daniel Bailey etc. From these early seasons times though I candefinitelysee him at sub 9.95 before the seasons out.</div>

StarWars

Mentor
No I can't think of anybody else other then the top three guys that could now beat him in a big race. One thing's for sure, Lemaitre is a lock for European Champion. I will be very interested to see his 200 meter potential after he runs sub 10 once and for all.

The Master

Guru
There won't be another race, the semi-final was 2 weeks ago when he did 10'09 !!

He is a short article on his race : http://translate.google.fr/translate?js=y&amp;prev=_t&amp;hl=fr&amp;ie=UTF-8&amp;layout=1&amp;eotf=1&amp;u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lequipe.fr%2FAthletisme%2Fbreves2010%2F20100523_164834_lemaitre-vainqueur-en-10-03.html&amp;sl=fr&amp;tl=en

He will race in Marseille on june the 5th, here is the startlist :

http://scomarseille.athle.com/asp.net/espaces.html/html.aspx?id=18197

Some guys have good time, we can hope they will make him run faster.

(for white lightning, I come from France, that's why I know the tracks because I used to run on :) )

Edit : His coach stated that he found the start of Christophe slow and he lacked of rhythm at the end !!!! That's amazing because with that race he equalled the best time ever done by a white (I don't consider the 10'00 Woronin very serious regarding the wind and the other times he did after and the 10'01 of Mennea is also not serious regarding the place where he did it)

Edited by: The Master

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'm so happy right now despite him not breaking the magical barrier yet! He is so close that he can taste it. So can we. I really thought it would happen today but there is no doubt in anyones mind anymore in my opinon. The only thing that scares me is a major injury or for him to just run close multiple times and for it to become a mental barrier. I don't see that happening as he is head strong and so driven to be the best. The world better take notice. What a champion he is.

Christophe makes us proud of our ancestry. He makes us proud of our culture. The same happiness the blacks get from many of there sprint heros. We can know share with a white sprinter that looks like us. I have watched sprinters for decades and waited patiently for a guy like Lemaitre to come along. He will be as popular as Bolt if he goes sub 10 repeatedly and also continues to make an assault towards the top 3 sprinters on earth. Bolt, Gay and Powell will even eventually start to take notice.

Enjoy this day Christope. You may not have gone sub 10 yet, but you have arrrived on the scene! Congrats my friend. Congrats to you my white brother. Here is to a long, prosperous, and amazing summer. You make us so proud!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Lemaitre will be racing both the 100 & 200 at the Diamond League next. I hope he races the 100 first but usually the 200 meters is run earlier in the meet. This could tire him out and keep him from going sub 10 in his preferred event of the 100 meters. If I were Christophes Coach, I would skip the deuce and make history in a few weeks. He can run the 200 in another smaller meet.

This kid has me so pumped up.

10.03 with almost no wind. Sensational. Phenomenal. Incredible. Amazing. He leaves me speechless when he steps on the track! Congrats again PepeLeFlew. The true "White Lightning"!

Status
Not open for further replies.