Christian Apologetics

jphoss

Mentor
I wanted to kick off a new thread here about Christian apologetics. Just like the false assumption that whites are inferior athletes, the false assumption of “evolution” is so firmly entrenched in society it is just assumed without question. However just as we are seeing cracks form in the caste system we are also seeing cracks in the belief in evolution and naturalism in a broader context. Hopefully this thread can provide the same evidence against naturalism and for Christianity as we have in providing evidence against the caste system and for our white athletes. I will start by recommending two books that any layman can read and understand without any real special scientific knowledge- The Return of the God Hypothesis by Stephen Meyer, and Is God just a Human Invention by Sean McDowell. I will also post some YouTube videos from various apologists which are both entertaining and useful

jphoss

Mentor
Here is a video of James Tour, an ethnic jew who converted to Christianity and is a brilliant synthetic chemist. He is one of the only members of academia who has the courage to speak out against evolution and never hides his faith. There are 14 total videos if anyone has the time or interest, but can be useful to stump your child’s or grandchild’s ignorant biology teacher!

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Love that book! Great call
Changed my whole impression of the debate. I had taken ap bio in high school and done well on the exam not long before reading it and afterwards I was just shocked.

There are just so many incorrect statements and bits of false evidence used to prop up evolution it’s remarkable.

What’s also notable is that for people who accept evolution hook line and sinker, it’s very easy to fade belief in God.

It’s almost like the theory came along as a way to do just that…….

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Changed my whole impression of the debate. I had taken ap bio in high school and done well on the exam not long before reading it and afterwards I was just shocked.

There are just so many incorrect statements and bits of false evidence used to prop up evolution it’s remarkable.

What’s also notable is that for people who accept evolution hook line and sinker, it’s very easy to fade belief in God.

It’s almost like the theory came along as a way to do just that…….

Now your starting to get it. The 3 lies that are taught as truth all go hand in hand. The Big Bang Theory, The Theory of Evolution and
The Heliocentric Earth. All taught and pushed by members of a certain group. This group goes against the Most High God. Either
people get that all 3 are all lies or they don't. You can show people but most people don't want to leave the Matrix!

Last edited:

SneakyQuick

Mentor
To be honest I can see how the Big Bang comports with creation and i have no issue with a heliocentric solar system, but evolution is for me at least, a very different animal.

Other Christian apologists I think are great writers generally would be GK Chesterton (one of the most quotable people ever), CS Lewis, and in more modern times, I’d go with Peter Kreeft (a huge CS Lewis scholar).

jphoss

Mentor

This is the most brilliant and persuasive answer to the hardest question about God’s existence. John Lennox, an oxford mathematician and one of my favorite apologists, reframes the question beautifully. It has been the best way for myself to answer why not only God exists but also why it’s necessary that Christianity is the only suitable answer to the problem of suffering in the world. It’s only a 10 minute clip but worth your time

SneakyQuick

Mentor

This is the most brilliant and persuasive answer to the hardest question about God’s existence. John Lennox, an oxford mathematician and one of my favorite apologists, reframes the question beautifully. It has been the best way for myself to answer why not only God exists but also why it’s necessary that Christianity is the only suitable answer to the problem of suffering in the world. It’s only a 10 minute clip but worth your time
John Lennox is an excellent writer. Very highly recommended. Good post