Chris McGaha, ASU WR

backrow

Hall of Famer
he's a junior at ASU, here's a very good article about him.

"McGaha caught a team-high 61 passes for 830 yards last season. Forty-four (72 percent) resulted in first downs. Only one resulted in a touchdown. To many, that makes McGaha a possession receiver, a label he hates.

"I know there's a stereotype put on a White wide receiver, that they're the possession wide receiver and they have deceptive speed; I've heard it all," McGaha said. "It comes with the territory."

Yarber is convinced the Sun Devils can use it to their advantage. Opponents don't consider McGaha a scoring threat? Fine. Let them learn the hard way."

oh, and here's a catch that the article mentions. does he have great hands? you be the judge of it.Edited by: backrow

jared

Mentor
Ah you beat me to it, backrow. I was thinking that McGaha is threadworthy. He's been a starter since midway through his freshman year for a nationally ranked team. I think this is the year where him and QB Rudy Carpenter really click. Can't wait to watch him again this year from the stands. I am pumped for some college ball.

G

Beat me to it too, I was looking forward to posting that great article.And that catch is just amazing.

I love watching him accelerate like a flash past the hapless DB, who was clutching on to him for dear life. Deceptive speed, indeed!
smiley36.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Did you guys see that he can dunk a basketball without a running start. The guy has crazy speed and a great veritcal leap to go along with his great hands. Speaking of his hands. They are so big that he can hold 5 baseballs at once in one hand. Holy cow! That is like a catchers mitt. This kid will be special.