Chris Benoit RIP

First Rod Beck, now Chris Benoit. This man didn't act like a hot doge as a wrestler he let his ability do all the talking. This man was one of the most underrated wrestlers of this generation, it's a shame that it takes the death of he and his family for some to recognize that. I know it's fake, but if you ever wanted a textbook on how a pro wrestler should perform Chris Benoit was it. Godspeed Chris Benoit. May the murders be brought to justice.

Chris Benoit, family found dead
Written: June 25, 2007STAMFORD, Conn., June 25, 2007 - World Wrestling Entertainment was informed today by authorities in Fayetteville County, Ga., that WWE Superstar Chris Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and his son were found dead in their home. Authorities are investigating, but no other details are available at this time.

Instead of its announced programming for tonight on USA Network, WWE will air a three-hour tribute to Chris Benoit.

Chris was beloved among his fellow Superstars, and was a favorite among WWE fans for his unbelievable athleticism and wrestling ability. He always took great pride in his performance, and always showed respect for the business he loved, for his peers and towards his fans. This is a terrible tragedy and an unbearable loss.

WWE extends its sincere condolences and prayers to the Benoit family and loved ones in this time of tragedy.

Additional information on World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. can be found at wwe.com and corporate.wwe.com. For our global activities, go to www.wwe.com/worldwide/.

guest301

Hall of Famer
I have liked Chris Benoit for a long time too and that's why I am deeply disturbed by the news reports coming out today that Chris strangled his wife, smothered to death his son and hanged himself. I am very shocked by all this and I hope the preliminary reports are not true. I had a feeling all week long something bad was going to happen in the WWE because of the stupid storyline that has been going on the last two weeks with Vince McMahon faking his death due to a car bomb. When you do stupid irresponsible storylines like that, I just knew this would come back around to bite him. I do sorta believe in a Christian version of Karma and sadly Vince and the WWE had this coming and I was telling myself this very thing as little as a week ago. Edited by: guest301

I hope he is not a murderer but if he hung himself he probably did. Maybe he found out the kid wasn't his and snapped. It was rumored that those two had a volitale relationship.

guest301

Hall of Famer
This whole crime seemed kinda deliberate and pre- planned to be soley due to "roid rage". It will be just the latest non-issue for the news media to jump on..regulating the pro-wrestling industry for steriod use. That being said, Chris Benoit had alot of admirers and a tremendous amount of respect from the fans who follow this "sport" and it just goes to prove that you really can't know what's going on in anybodys head, because this is the last thing I expected from Benoit. He's truly a monster. I hear he killed the little boy with a variation of a wrestling chokehold. Just sick.
smiley11.gif
ps... we should change the title of this thread because I truly hope he doesn't rest in peace.Edited by: guest301

Menelik

Mentor
All I can say is we are living in some interesting times.

WTF!

KG2422

Mentor
This is horrible and I'm more sickened that this was a white man that did this. We shouldn't be silent when one of ours does something like this.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Now it looks like some kind of a cover-up and conspiracy by the WWE. The story gets stranger and weirder by each passing day. Ditto to KG's comment above.

Lance Alworth

Mentor
I think Stampede Wrestling is suffering from the same curse World Class (WCCW) did. The only difference is, World Class suffered its tragedies during its prime. Look at all the guys from both organizations that have since passed on