Chance Imhoff - WR

SteveB

Mentor
Imhoff was a SR WR for Pasadena Memorial HS and teamed up with Bo Snelson at RB for a successful football season. Although he was a productive WR (49 rec, 826 yds, 8 TDs) in a run first offense, what really caught my attention about this kid is that he finished 6th in the 100m in the high school division at the Texas Relays this past weekend. He won his prelim heat in 10.69 sec then followed that with a 10.75 in the finals. I had no idea he had that kind of speed.

At 6', 195 lbs, with very good speed and good HS production, there is no reason Imhoff shouldn't be playing at a division 1 school. Instead, he signed with Blin Junior College.

SteveB

Mentor
Imhoff qualified for the state track meet in the 100m by getting second in the regional meet this past weekend. His time wasn't great (10.94) but it was raining and into a -1.1 m/s headwind. The regional meet covers all of SE Texas (population of over 5 million) so this is an impressive result. Let's see how he does at state on June 5-6.

Pasadena Memorial also qualified in the 4x100m sprint relay by winning with a 41.15 (one of the fastest times in the state). Bo Snelson was the lead off leg and Chance Imhoff was the 3rd leg.Edited by: SteveB

SteveB

Mentor
Imhoff finished 5th (10.62) in the 100m yesterday and Pasadena Memorial was third in the 4X100m relay (41.37). I'll be watching Chance as he moves on to Blinn JC next year.

whiteCB

Master
With the stats he put up in high school and his times on the track there is no way he shouldn't be playing D1 football. This is your classic case of a kid with talent getting screwed over because his skin's the wrong color for the position he plays. If this was the 1970s he would have a full ride playing for some state school. In 2009 though you have to be an all-world record setting player if your white to get a D1 football schlarship.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
whiteCB said:
With the stats he put up in high school and his times on the track there is no way he shouldn't be playing D1 football. This is your classic case of a kid with talent getting screwed over because his skin's the wrong color for the position he plays. If this was the 1970s he would have a full ride playing for some state school. In 2009 though you have to be an all-world record setting player if your white to get a D1 football schlarship.

Damn WhiteCB- this is one of my favorite posts of yours. When I read this last early afternoon- I was about to post basically the exact same argument, but was too busy.

I haven't seen this kid's game film. The only thing I can think of to add to your post, is that maybe somehow after a few scouts watched
Imhoff's film or watched him play- they thought he was "raw".

However, that's hard to argue with statistics like this- 49 rec, 826 yds, 8 TDs (in football crazy Texas)- these are great numbers for a "H.S" WR. In H.S, running the ball is easier than passing it downfield, for the vast majority of teams at that level.

And Imhoff's blazing 10.62 100 meter shows he has the long speed to separate at "any level". What's not to like about this kids "upside". Plenty of blacks, who don't have nearly this kids measurables or production, are called "raw" with "upside".

The truth of the matter is that Rivals and the PROPAGANDA MACHINE recruiting websites did nothing to plug or help this kid out and probably have him unranked. I'm sure a few scouts checked Imhoff out in football crazy Texas, but Rivals, ESPN Scouts INC and Scout want the best white talent to go untapped to protect their lie. Now even NFLdraftscout.com is giving weight to Rivals rankings as seen by their 2013 NFL rankings.
smiley21.gif

whiteCB

Master
Screwed up original post see below...this new format is messing with me lolEdited by: whiteCB

whiteCB

Master
Thanks Tough J! I really don't know how at the very least he cannot be playing D1-AA football, especially with that 16.85 YPC! Maybe Chance has terrible grades or something or perhaps his coach didn't talk him up (perhaps even talked him down) to recruiters. It's the whole bunch of white players like these (and trust me there's a TON!) that don't get a chance to play D1 football which then causes the NFL's demograhics to be the way they are.Edited by: whiteCB