CF Player of the Week 15

Who was the best white player of the week 1?

• Greg Camarillo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tony Scheffler

• Kelly Gregg

• Brian Urlacher

• Scott Fujita

• Total voters

backrow

Hall of Famer
1. Greg Camarillo, WR Dolphins: caught 3 for 109 yards including a 64 yarder for an overtime TD; had 1 career catch for 2 yards before that game...

2. Tony Scheffler, TE Broncos: his best game of the season, 7 catches for 100 yards and a great TD

3. Kelly Gregg, DT Ravens: game high 11 tackles (playing interior lineman spot!) and a sack

4. Brian Urlacher, LB Bears: 6 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 interception returned for 11 yards and a recovered fumble

5. Scott Fujita, Saints: game high 10 tackles, 2 sacks and 1 forced fumble

Winners so far:
Week 1: Matt Giordano, S Colts
Week 2: Barrett Ruud, LB Buccaneers
Week 3: Kevin Curtis, WR Eagles
Week 4: Dallas Clark, TE Colts
Week 5: Brian Leonard, RB Rams
Week 6: Kevin Walter, WR Texans
Week 7: Wes Welker, WR Patriots
Week 8: Mike Vrabel, LB Patriots
Week 9: Matt Wilhelm, LB Chargers
Week 10: Jeremy Shockey, TE Giants
Week 11: Patrick Kerney, DE Seahawks
Week 12: Wes Welker, WR Patriots
Week 13: Jared Allen, DE Chiefs
Week 14: Jason Witten, TE Cowboys

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Another week of tough choices. I know we have a soft spot this week for Camarillo's highlight reel catch and run for the winning TD, but Urlacher had the 'best game.' I'm torn. Camarillo's play was more 'caste busting' if you will, unheralded as he is and scoring the winning TD for the previously win-less Dolphins, so... I'm going with Camarillo. My heart says Urlacher, but the 'caste busting' label this week belongs to Camarillo.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I'm going with Kelly Gregg, who's been a great Caste buster in his own right for many years now. It's obscene the way whites have been shut out of the defensive tackle position. Gregg is one of the few, and he puts together Pro Bowl caliber seasons every single year.

No tackle in the NFLis more consistently productivethan Gregg. 11 tackles and a sackin a single game isoff the charts good from that position and he gets my vote.

backrow

Hall of Famer
i went with Kelly Gregg for the reasons mentioned by Don. this guy is the real leader of Ravens defense and hell of an unsung hero for them.

Greg Camarillo obviously made the headlines this week and his performance was great for us and Brian showed everyone that he is far from being done.
Fujita is simply the best player on Saints defense, and Tony Scheffler will be one of the top 5 receiving TEs in the league for years to come, so evey single one of them deserves at least consideration this week.

So yet another </span>100 yard game for the TE who is 4th in receptions and 9th in receiving yards isn't worth a nomination for player of the week?

Whilst the Camarillo catch and run in overtime was fun, it has been treated as the media like a skateboarding duck. How funny, the NFL's two worst teams face off, and they are so bad it takes a slow white guy for Miami to chalk one up in the win column.

Back to special teams only for young Greg next week.

backrow

Hall of Famer
there's only 5 slots bud. Witten and Craig Dahl were simply at 6. and 7. this week

whiteCB

Master
Don Wassall said:
I'm going with Kelly Gregg, who's been a great Caste buster in his own right for many years now. It's obscene the way whites have been shut out of the defensive tackle position. Gregg is one of the few, and he puts together Pro Bowl caliber seasons every single year.

No tackle in the NFL is more consistently productive than Gregg. 11 tackles and a sack in a single game is off the charts good from that position and he gets my vote.&lt;!-- Message ''"" --&gt;

I know I was going to go with Gregg as well. Although I ended up going with Schaffer. He was outstanding in the passing game as well as the run game with great blocking. Also I had the chance to watch him on t.v. so that helped too. Kelly gets my choice for 2nd best.

Also its amazing here we are in mid December with the season almost over and there's only been one repeat winner. It just goes to show how many talented white players are out there and how many more there should be!Edited by: whiteCB