CF Player of the Week 1 - retrospective

Who was the best white player of the week 1?

• Jason Witten

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wes Welker

• Barrett Ruud

• Jim Leonhard

• Matt Giordano

• Total voters

backrow

Hall of Famer
Since i only started CF player of the week in week 2, i decided to go back and catch up with week 1 players, so we have a complete set of winners by the end of the season. here goes:

1. Jason Witten, Cowboys: 6 catches for 116 yards and a TD, his best game in 2 years! he was Cowboys leader in both receptions and yards

2. Wes Welker WR Patriots: 6-61 and a TD;

3. Barrett Ruud, Bucs: 13 tackles (3 for loss or no gain), 1 forced and 1 recovered fumble

4. Jim Leonhard, FS Bills: 13 combined tackles, 1 interception

5. Matt Giordano, SS Colts: 2 tackles, 1 special teams tackle on Reggie Bush, holding him to 2 yards and a beautiful interception returned for 83 yards TD!

others worthy of notice: Zach Thomas, LB Miami - 13 tackles and a sack; Chad Greenway LB Vikings: 10 combined tackles, 1 FF; Brian Robison, Vikings: 2 sacks in his first NFL game; Paul Posluszny, Bills: 9 tackles; Patrick Kerney, Seahawks: 5 tackles, 1.5 sack

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I went with Giordano. The tackle on Bush was icing on the cake. It was watching the 'deceptively fast' white boy out run everybody on the field returning that INT for a touchdown that sealed it for me.
smiley36.gif
Edited by: White Shogun

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Tightend's? Tony Romo had a better game then Whitten, Romo will always have a better game then Whitten, bogus man!
smiley36.gif