caste matchups for week one

referendum

Mentor
Ok, here are the matchups for week one where there is a four starter difference of white players between the teams. Of course numbers of starters will vary a little from what we expect, but this should be a rough guide.

Ohio St 12 Marshall 4
Miami of Ohio 11 Florida 3
Missouri 11 Illiois 4
Rice 12 Texas 8
Oregon 10 New Mexico 6
BYU 17 Washington 8
Washington St 13 Oklahoma St 7
Wisconsin 12 UNLV 8
North Texas 6 Clemson 2
Boise St 10 Va Tech 7 (I included this because it is a high profile game)
Navy 13 Maryland 6

I wish we had some more games involving SEC teams, but of course we have Penn St vs Alabama next week.Edited by: referendum

icsept

Master
It's Washington St. v. Oklahoma State, not Oklahoma. OSU's my alma mater and a shame they only have 7 white starters. However, I do believe they will start 2 white WR's, Bo Bowling and Josh Cooper.

referendum

Mentor
Thanks icsept, going too fast down my list. I'm really hoping the black ACC teams in action, Maryland, Clemson and Va Tech lose and hopefully Missouri takes out Illinois like they did last year, and let coach Zook know that his SEC north nonsense that he is trying to pull with Illinois isn't going to work out.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I'm hoping Sam McGuffie has a huge game against Texas. Of course he'll need some world class blocking from that Rice line. Looks like several nice games to pick from this week. I can't wait for the season to start! Thursday is when my favorite time of year begins!

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Clemson only having two whites is jarring and utterly racist. May they be cursed and lose all their games.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Ohio St. and Marshall will be on the Big 10 Network today, Southern Miss Black Eagles and South Carolina Gamecocks on ESPN. Greg Salas will be on ESPN tonight with Hawaii against USC.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Jack Lambert said:
Good grief, it looks like Grambling and Southern are on ESPN right now.

Those games are horrible. What DWF honestly even wants to watch that crap?

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Celtic, if you have it, go to the VS. Channel, Pitt and Utah are playing. Utah starts six whites on defense tonight, including a snow patrol!

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Greg Bird isn't starting at FS for Utah tonight, but true frosh Brian Blechen is!
smiley32.gif
Utah's linebackers have been all over the field tonight so far. Their defense is fun to watch.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Ah I don't Jack. But I'm watching the Middle Tennessee V Minnesota game. Logan Kilgore is doing a fine job of stepping in for afflete QB Dwight Dasher. Kilgore looks composed and is picking apart Minnesota's secondary and the score is tied 14-14 at half.

So far Dane Sanzenbacher has 2 rec for 93 yards and a TD in the OSU\Marshall game!

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
That's nice to hear about Kilgore. I think Theret is out for Minnesota tonight.

Utah's defense is going to get worn out pretty soon if afflete Shaky Smithson (That's his name) keeps fumbling every punt return chance he gets. He's had two already.

FB Henry Hynoski is pretty much the 2nd RB tonight after Lewis. He's had a few rushes this game.Edited by: Jack Lambert

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I'm stuck in a hotel room and have a choice between the Cowboys-Dolphins (Brian Hartline just made a nice catch, fumbled as he was going down, and the ball went out-of-bounds 10 yards down the field!) or the South Carolina-Southern Mississippi tilt. In the college game, SEC South Carolina looks like BYU compared to So Miss.

TwentyTwo

Master
Have not seen a white on either defense for theSouthern Miss/So.Carolina game...but then again we talked about how pathetic it was a month ago in the previews. Back-up True freshman dual-threat QB Connor Shaw has some speed & nicemoves! Played WR in HS.

Pitt/Utah easily the best game tonight! Yall beat me to it with Utah having 6 whites starters on D...2 poly's & 3 black. Impressive to see true freshman Blechen playing free safety! The LBers & Kruger looking good too! Hynoski is a bad dude..posted him on RB thread few weeks ago; very explosive at 260! Tremendous upside!! Curious to see what he could do being a "feature-back" for a game...Pitt starts 4 white's on D (2 DT's, 1 LB, 1 SS) Announcers said DiCicco is a sledgehammer-LB type...

Missed the Sanzenbacher TD...wonder if ESPiN shows it on the highlights?? How long was it?

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Jersey Joe has 20 rushes for 109 and a TD. That's 5.5 yards per carry. Good debut against a weak Norfolk St opponent. He should be the man all year for Rutgers!

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
True frosh Brian Blechen with the potential game-winning pick! Blechen has played a good game tonight.Edited by: Jack Lambert

Highlander

Mentor
Jack Lambert said:
True frosh Brian Blechen with the potential game-winning pick! Blechen has played a good game tonight.
Yep...great game, great pick by the true freshman. Outside of a couple of big plays for Pitt, Utah's defense looked pretty solid. Great catch by Pitt's Shaughnessy(sp?) too, in traffic, for the first down for Pitt to put them in FG position before overtime.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Highlander said:
Jack Lambert said:
True frosh Brian Blechen with the potential game-winning pick! Blechen has played a good game tonight.
Yep...great game, great pick by the true freshman.  Outside of a couple of big plays for Pitt, Utah's defense looked pretty solid.  Great catch by Pitt's Shaughnessy(sp?) too, in traffic, for the first down for Pitt to put them in FG position before overtime.

Yeah, Utah's defense looks to be fun to watch this year.

I think the guy your thinking of is WR Mike Shanahan, who is very clutch for the Panthers when it counts.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
How was Utah able to stuff "Heisman-candidate" Dion Lewis? He only had 3 ypc.

I went to sleep early, and most of the games yesterday were coal-black anyways. I'm very glad that "preseason-hyped" Pitt lost, though!

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Twentytwo ESPN actually did show Sanzenbacher's 65 yard TD catch. I think it has to do with who was throwing the ball though, they were praising Pryor's "improved footwork".

Congrats to Utah for upsetting the Pitt Panthers. Anyone know how Pitt's two ultra affletic DE's did last night? I've noticed that they have gotten a lot of hype already for the 2011 draft.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I watched that Pitt game and they were feeding Dion Lewis the ball like he was a 250lb power back...they have one of those in Henry Hynoski but did not line him up at RB. Im sure he could of had more success. I was baffled as to how much they just called running plays for Dion Lewis.

Jordan Wynn did look good and the Utah defense had alot of white players flying around the field making plays/

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
"I was baffled as to how much they just called running plays for Dion Lewis."

It's because they want him to win the Heisman! Now, because of the error of their ways, they will likely not appear in a major Bowl Game.. just a few more losses is all that is needed.

referendum

Mentor
Wow Miami of Ohio has held the Florida offense scoreless for a quarter. Hopefully this is a sign that the Gators haven't recovered from losing their three white playmakers of a year ago in Tebow, Cooper and Hernandez, and that their 90% black offense isn't going to cut it. Their only touchdown so far is off an interception. Edited by: referendum

referendum

Mentor
The weekly defeat of the Illini is a top one on my wish list. This attempted SECification of the Big 10 needs to be faced and defeated by whiter teams. Big 10 coaches need to see and believe that yes in fact a mostly black team does not mean a better team. Glad to see the Illini starting another overhyped black QB. I like it when already mostly black teams get a black QB, so there is no chance of a great white QB (like Tebow) bailing out his black team.