caste matchups for week eight

referendum

Mentor
Not many marquee matchups, but still alot.

Maryland 10 Miami 2
NC State 8 Clemson 2
Syracuse 8 Louis 5
Iowa 12 Indiana 9
Michigan 8 Ill 4
BC 14 Wake 11
Northwestern 14 Penn St 9
Ok St 7 Baylor 3
Vandy 10 Flor 3
BYU 17 UNLV 8
Rice 12 Tulsa 7
Boise St 11 Haw 6
Kent St 10 Temple 5
Tulane 11 So Miss 2
Stanford 13 Arizona 9
Wash St 13 Cal 8
Wyoming 13 NM 6
Oreg St 11 UCLA 5
SMU 10 UTEP 4
Ariz St 9 USC 5
Col St 13 SDS 6
West Kent 10 Flor Atl 5

The big game today I feel is TCU vs Utah. Not sure who to pull for on this one. Also, I'll still be rooting for Oregon with its somewhat white defense (for the Pac 10) plus a stud white WR, and tight end, and all white O-line, over a slightly less white Washington. Edited by: referendum

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Good opportunity for NC State is squandered... Russell Wilson throws a redzone INT.

edit: J.R. Sweezy is explosive!Edited by: Deadlift

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
I see that Oklahoma State has a 24-0 lead over Baylor... would be nice if the Cowboys' keep that up.

Abbrederis gets a 7-yard TD reception to give Wisconsin the lead over Purdue.
Edited by: Deadlift

Riddlewire

Master
Iowa in trouble late.

Great 50yd run by McGuffie.
Unfortunately, Rice's offense is awful at every level. On a mediocre team, McGuffie would be over 1,000 yards by now.

Edited by: Riddlewire

Highlander

Mentor
BYU up 21-0 over the UNLV Thugs early in the 2nd Qtr. Di Luigi has 9/53 and a TD. The Air Force/Army game has been entertaining, too...AF up 35-22 late in the 4th.

Riddlewire

Master
If Rice doesn't make a coaching change, McGuffie has zero chance of ever reaching the NFL. They need a new QB, too.

It's nice to see the "Heisman Campaign" of Robert Griffin come crashing down. I read an article by a DWF yesterday lamenting the lack of attention he was getting.

Highlander

Mentor
I think BYU has finally turned the corner this season, now up 38-0 over UNLV at half. Heaps is looking at lot more comfortable now and the defense is playing solid. They should be a much better team next year.

emt1

Guru
hmm, i'm surprised the utah tcu game is'nt on the major tv channels here, but tcu just scored a td over utah and their silly uniforms

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Andy Dalton for Heisman! TCU is doing what I expected... They'd beat Auburn IMO.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
What a pleasure to watch Northwestern's offense methodically taking apart Penn State's defense. Drake Dunsmore just made as nice a TD catch as you'll ever see. Even Matt Millen
smiley8.gif
got excited when it was shown on replay, though he incorrectly claimed that Dunsmore had initially bobbled it while it was under review. Edited by: Don Wassall

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Joe Pa finally broke down and put the white guy McGloin in the game at QB and promptly marches Penn State down the field for a touchdown, a beautiful catch by another white guy, Brett Brackett. amazing how this works. His afflete starter, Bolden, inhales vigorously (sucks).

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Just noticed that Kansas blew up for 35 points (!) in the 4th quarter to beat Colorado. Wow.

Highlander

Mentor
FootballDad said:
Just noticed that Kansas blew up for 35 points (!) in the 4th quarter to beat Colorado. Wow.
Holy crap! I didn't see that. Wow. Goodbye Hawkins.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Navy FB Alexander Teich has 11 runs for 141 yards and a TD against East Carolina at the half!

Riddlewire

Master
This idiot black quarterback for Washington thinks he's Secretariat. He just throws away downs because he runs around in the backfield too long.
Bad choice for a backup, Sarkisian.

Highlander

Mentor
Junior Safety, Austin Cassidy, just intercepted a pass from Arnaud and
returned it for a 29-yard TD to put Nebraska up 17-10 over Iowa State. I think he has solidified his position at Safety
smiley32.gif

emt1

Guru
another td pass by Daulton, TCU should leapfrog auburn who crushed "powerhouse" chattanooga

Kalo

Matt McGloin just engineered his third touchdown drive in a row to tie the game!!

Joe Pa's decision to bench Rob Bolden has been the best coaching decision he's made all year!!

McGloin is now PSU's official "Great White Hope"
smiley1.gif

< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" =""><div id="ref"></div>

Highlander

Mentor
Kalo said:
Matt McGloin just engineered his third touchdown drive in a row to tie the game!!

Joe Pa's decision to bench Rob Bolden has been the best coaching decision he's made all year!!

McGloin is now PSU's official "Great White Hope"
smiley1.gif

&lt; id="gwProxy" =""&gt;&lt; ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" =""&gt;<div id="ref"></div>
He is also a "walk-on". I'm sure the black quarterback he replaced is on scholarship.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Nebraska's black WR Paul just fumbled the ball away on a kick return, setting Iowa State up real nice. Tie ballgame with 10:40 to go.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Nebraska afflete Gomes drops an INT that hit him between the numbers. Next play gives up the first down by self-tackling.