Caste matchups for week 10

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I just thought I would get this thread started since I'm excited about the whiteboys D1 halfback matchup this weekend, Northwestern at Iowa. It's a rare day when two white running backs start in a BCS conference matchup. Whatever else happens, I'd like Scott Concannon and Brandon Wegher to gain at least 100 yards each.

referendum

Mentor
Not alot of drastic differences for tomorrow, but some of the usual suspects do appear.
Minnesota 10 white starters (I wish Decker would be playing) Illinois 4
Wake Forest 11, GA Tech 7
Vandy 11 Florida 3
Nebraska 13 Oklahoma 7
Washington St 11 Arizona 7
Oregon St 12 Cal 8
Stanford 15 Oregon 9
Virginia 9 Miami 4
Tulsa 10 Houston 5
Col St 16 UNLV 8

Alot of the whiter teams this week are underdogs, so I don't expect a great week.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Looking at the Boise State-Louisiana Tech matchup tonight, although Boise has 10 or 11 (depending on formation)white starters, they pretty much fall in line with the "caste management" theory of roster construction. White QB, 3 of 5 starting O-line white, white fullback, and only 4 white starters on defense. All TB/HB Black, all secondary personnel, Black (except for a backup white safety), starting wideouts, Black, return men, Black.

referendum

Mentor
Yeah Football Dad, I agree, Boise St is a disappointment in their lack of white offensive speed players. Still, I view any white defensive player, regardless of position, as a caste breaker, because in the NFL the all-black defense is becoming so prevalent. For that reason, I partially root for Boise State, in view of their four white defensive starters.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Well, I guess that I have to give Boise some credit for starting an almost vanilla-white defensive line, definitely not caste-friendly.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
I think I was blessed today watching College Football. In age with relentless enforcement of the caste system, I got to watch two special games today. First, we have Northwestern and Iowa, on ESPN this morning. Northwestern started 3-4 whites on the O-Line, RB Scott Concannon, and Jacob Schmitt got time, WRs Zeke Markshausen, Andrew Brewer, and one other white WR. In addition, the Wildcats and two starting white safeties. Iowa had 5 whites on the O-Line, 1 starting WR (Stross,) a starting RB (Wegher), two athletic LBs (Angerer and Edds,) and Two starting White safeties!(Greenwood and Sash.) When is the last time you've watched and FBS College Football game where both starting RBs, at least one WR, and the four starting safeties are white?
smiley4.gif

Now I'm watching Stanford and Oregon, which is also a great anti caste game to watch. The Ducks have an all-white line, a white WR, and a white safety. The Cardinal of course have Gerhart, Whalen, 4 white O-Linemen and McNally. Again, another awesome game with Oregon having 11 white starters, and Stanford having alot as well.

The two games I've watched today have been amazing. Shame that Iowa lost though, although Northwestern has had their number for the past few years now. I don't know the last time I've seen two games in a row that have had both at least half-white starters for both teams.Edited by: Jack Lambert

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Oregon RB Michael James drops a second wide open TD pass in the fourth quarter against Stanford then falls to the turf and pretends to have a shoulder injury even though his shoulder never touched the ground.
smiley36.gif

dwid

Hall of Famer
A good week, Shipley broke the record for most receiving yards in a game for Texas (273) and Gerhart broke the record for most rushing yards in a single game for Stanford (223). I think Oregon was giving up 68 rushing yards per game before that.

Riddlewire

Master
The scouts think Tony Pike is a great NFL prospect.
Fine, I'll defer to their judgement.
But Zach Collaros is a better college Quarterback. I don't know if Pike is expected back in the next two weeks or for the bowl game, but he should sit behind Collaros for the rest of this season.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
L Minnesota 10 white starters (I wish Decker would be playing) Illinois 4

L Wake Forest 11, GA Tech 7

L Vandy 11 Florida 3

W Nebraska 13 Oklahoma 7

L Washington St 11 Arizona 7

W Oregon St 12 Cal 8

W Stanford 15 Oregon 9

L Virginia 9 Miami 4

L Tulsa 10 Houston 5

L Col St 16 UNLV 8

Well, the three close games were lost by the whiter teams. I was really pulling for Tulsa and Minnesota. Wake Forest has screwed Kevin Harris so bad I really don't care what they do.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Honestly, the reason we lose a lot of these caste matchups is that the best QBs and o-lineman don't usually go to white friendly teams. The top QBs normally go to teams like Texas, Oklahoma, USC and Florida. Put Tebow on Vanderbilt, and he's so good, that simple difference might have won the game for Vandy. We have a great future, with Andrew Luck at Stanford and Jake Heaps at BYU though.

I could care less about Wake or Vandy with how they have screwed Kevin Harris and Jared Hawkins. Wake should be giving at least 2/3s of the carries to Harris. Harris consistently has the best YPC on the team, when he gets involved, and he wears down the D the most. With Vandy and Hawkins- Norman looks like he is the best freshman tailback and could be the future at the position for Vandy, but Hawkins is just as good. Vandy is out of the running for a bowl game, so their season is now meaningless and the coach needs to show his senior tailback (Hawkins) some love period!Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Oregon RB Michael James drops a second wide open TD pass in the fourth quarter against Stanford  then falls to the turf and pretends to have a shoulder injury even though his shoulder never touched the ground. 
smiley36.gif

The feigning of an injury (after getting burned or messing up) is typical M.O. for "affletes". I've seen it numerous times on the basketball court & football field on the HS, college, pro (& even rec leagues) levels.

TJR, good point. Matt Stafford went to (pro-caste) UGA, as did superstud OL/C Ben Jones & some other stud QBs.
smiley18.gif
smiley18.gif

i hope yall watched the Nevada vs San Jose st game becuz they had two whiteboys run over 100 yards, well one of em was hawaiin but still it was fun to watch. Luke Lippincott had 12 carries for 112 yards and 2 tds,and Vai Taua had 12 carries for 144 yards and a td
smiley10.gif

TwentyTwo

Master
NFL Draft guru Todd McShay..and some other dude can't remember name...ticked me off with the Oregon-Stanford previews during the week...saying "Stanford simply is not athletic enough on defense to hang with Oregon"...hmm?? I guess had it been a afflete defense like an all-black Georgia that's been lousy much of the year...it would never have been said; eventhough they have given up 45, 41, 41, 37 points so far!

Congrats toStanford for blasting the Ducks...maybe their defense did not match-up athletically?? Now ranked #25 and bowl eligible!!

Can't forget for my 7th post...have to give props to #7 Toby Gerhart(223 yds)...it's a shame the Heisman has become a "Team" award instead of an individual award...it's not his fault his team is not in the Top 3...if the NFL makes him a Fullback I will puke!

Fantastic job on the caste match-up's of the week!

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Stanford still has an outside shot at a Pac-10 title.
smiley4.gif
Harbaugh's coaching mistakes against Arizona will likely cost them one however. I think Stanford is good enough to win a BCS bowl- with the way they're playing. The only game the Cardinal shouldn't have won, was the game which they had to play catchup against Oregon State. They blew leads "big time" against Wake Forest and Arizona, but have now figured things out. Gerhart is a beastly phenom- and showed he can carry this team on his back against the best FBS defenses. Good post TwentyTwo!