Caste Football on other web sites

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I was looking for a good place to post this, and couldn't find a generic heading for posting information that we find on other websites in regards to Caste Football, and I would rather not have a new thread introduced for every "siting".

Here is a fun questionnaire and commentary from a blog called "A race against time". The guy pretty much nails it.

<H2 =date-er>Friday, October 1, 2010</H2>
<DIV =date-posts>
<DIV =post-outer>
<DIV ="post hentry"><A name=2723700333386609508></A>
<H3 ="post-title entry-title">Who Said It? Caste Football or African-American Sports Writer Jason Whitlock </H3>
<DIV =post-er>
<DIV =post-er-line-1>
<DIV ="post- entry-">Left-wing MSNBC host Rachel Maddow has once again taken to smearing organizations on the racial right. This time she's gone after the website Caste Football. In a mocking tone, she says of the site: "Caste Football is research - racial analysis of NFL teams in which they count the white people." (watch the video on The Political Cesspool blog).

I'm guessing that Maddow didn't object when the Institute for Diversity and Ethics in Sport released their annual report earlier this year ranking men's pro sports leagues on their "diversity"Â￾ (sounds like "racial analysis" to me). In the report, the NBA received the top grade (an 'A' for diversity) because 77% of the players are black and there are a large number of blacks in front-office positions (needless to say, the NHL didn't fare as well).

Putting that double standard aside, as an example of how horribly racist Caste Football is Maddow read a quote from the site about how the Indianapolis Colts have a mostly white starting offense.

Here's a fun game. There are 10 quotations about the Indianapolis Colts' offense below. Try to identify which 5 are from Caste Football's analysis of the team and which 5 are from African-American sports writer Jason Whitlock's. Check your answers below and see how you did.

1 - "the Colts started and played nine white guys on offense... NFL rosters are nearly 70 percent comprised of African-Americans. What the Colts did was significant"

2 - "the Colts' offensive line is almost always one of the best, and again this season follows its time-honored formula of starting white men everywhere except left tackle"

3 - "the best offense in football was 82 percent white"

4 - "the Patriots, like the Colts and Packers, have a predominantly white starting offense"

5 - "Tight end Dallas Clark reached career highs in 2009 with 100 catches, 1,106 yards and 10 TDs, one of the very best seasons ever by a TE. [The Colts] use Clark as a receiving tight end and as a wideout, dispensing with the nonsense that white TEs must be great blockers in order to start."

6 - "Austin Collie, Garcon's replacement, put a clown suit on the Denver secondary with precise route running and nifty moves after the catch. Some practice-squad kid, Blair White, performed a Collie impersonation when Collie was tired."

7 - "Blair White... has all the qualities NFL coaches dream about -- when a receiver is black that is."

8 - "Peyton Manning is the Larry Bird of this era. I mean that as high, high praise."

9 - "The unwritten rule in sports writing/journalism is we're only supposed to mention racial progress when it involves dark-skin minorities."

10 - "But keep repeating, the NFL is colorblind, white and black football players are treated exactly the same, there's no agenda, there's no affirmative action when it comes to giving out scholarships and developing players. Keep repeating that, and keep living in a fantasy land..."

<DIV style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; CLEAR: both" =separator>
Answers:
Jason Whitlock: #1, 3, 6, 8, and 9
Caste Football: #2, 4, 5, 7 and 10

Note: In some of the quotes I altered the capitalization (e.g., I changed "White" to "white") for consistency. Otherwise, none of the quotes have been altered, except where indicated.

<DIV style="CLEAR: both">
<DIV =post-footer>
<DIV ="post-footer-line post-footer-line-1">Posted by ARaceAgainstTime at <ABBR =published title=2010-10-01T22:40:00-04:00>10:40 PM</ABBR>
<DIV ="post-footer-line post-footer-line-2">
<DIV ="post-footer-line post-footer-line-3">