Caste football matchup for Thursday

referendum

Mentor
On opening night, of the bigger games on tap, the biggest racial spread I can see is between Miami of Ohio with 16 starting whites, vs. Ball St which has 7. Other highlights (or low-lights) is LSU with about 5, I'm guessing, against Mississippi St which has two. Go Tigers, I guess.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
LSU should be starting 8 whites tomorrow night. I read that Jacob Hester will be listed as a starter at FB and HB. State will more than likely have 2 white starters.

Bronk

Mentor
Seems to me that Mid-American Conference teams always have more white starters than schools from other conferences.Edited by: Bronk

jared

Mentor
Bronk said:
Seems to me that Mid-American Conference teams always have more white starters than schools from other conferences.
They do indeed but I think the Mountain West Conference has them beat. Between Air Force, Wyoming, Utah, BYU, SDSU, and Colorado State they field a lot of white starters. Looking at Col Reb's list of whitest college teams the top three are Air Force (21), BYU (20), and Colorado State (17) in that order.Edited by: jared

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
You are right about Miss St. starting a total of two whites. All the rest are black -- including the coach. The only other whites are the cheerleaders, kickers and smiling, goofy-faced white Miss St. fans ringing cowbells and cheering while the real athletes play.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Anyone notice how Jacob Hester was used to go down the field, along with Matt Flynn, and then Williams was put in to get the TDs? That happened 3 times on the goal line in the first half. Coincidence? I think not.

Colonel_Reb said:
Anyone notice how Jacob Hester was used to go down the field, along with Matt Flynn, and then Williams was put in to get the TDs? That happened 3 times on the goal line in the first half. Coincidence? I think not.

I called it...Keiland Williams will be this year's Kenny Irons.

backrow

Hall of Famer
i was extremely displeased, no f**ked off, with what LSU did to Hester. so they give him some carries, guy's working his ass off to get them to the red zoen and then they produce some black runningback who throughout the gam will average only 2.4 ypc! out of nowhere and handle him the glory... WTF... plus they seem to have 100 rnningbacks, so it will be hard for Jacob to get lots of carries... maybe in tougher games?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Me too back, although I hope Jacob will be used right as the season goes on, I won't believe it till I see it.
smiley5.gif

Miami of Ohio did win tonight, although barely, but it was good to see. Edited by: Colonel_Reb

patriot

Guru
LSU-offense
Matt Flynn 12/19 128yrds 2 tds
11 rushes for 42 yrds
Jacob Hester RB 14 rushes for 68 yrd
defense
Craig Steltz Safety 3 tlks and 3 ints

Louisville
Brian Brohm 16/21 375 and 4 tds

Iowa State Todd Blythe WR 5 rec for 65yrds and 1 td

Kent State Julian Edelman OB 17/26 161 1
18 rushes for 75 yrds. (last year he rushed for over 600)

Tulsa Paul Smith QB 22/31 307 yrds 3 tds
Chris Chambers star LB 2 rushes for 10 yrds and 1 td. On defense he made several big plays.

UL Monroe
Defense
FS James Truxillo-only a sophemore was the best defensive player in the game, he made several key tackles and looked great on special teams.

sunshine

Mentor
Flynn looked better than he was given credit. Like his athletic ability and Steltz is a real good safety with range and alertness. Quality over quantity anyday. You have a combo featured RB, an athletic QB who can run and a star safety and a solid LB= we can root for LSU!

referendum

Mentor
The nice thing about LSU is that they are in the heart of the de-whiteification zone of Football, so for a relatively white team to do well is encouraging, especially when they stomp on one of the blackest teams in the country.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yes, LSU is pretty much the whitest SEC team this year, which still isn't saying much. The difference between them and State as far as color goes was very noticeable. I wonder if that fact was found on some of those wet State fans and coaches last night? Keep hope alive!