Cards or Steelers?

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Just a question on the Superbowl. I'm just interested to find out what Fellow Castefootballers think.

I'm hoping for the Cardinals. I don't like how Mike Tomlin made the comment last May that Jeremy Bloom was a long-shot to make the team right after they had signed him. Usually a coach waits until Pre-season to say such a thing. I also don't like the Rooney's and their racist rule.

I'm a big Kurt Warner fan also; he is a class act and former Giant. He does a lot for Charity. I like Larry Fitzgerald as a person also seems like a great guy; although he of course has black skin privilege for the NFL. The Cards also have Jeremhe Urban a white WR. Most teams still don't have a white WR; although it's pretty close to half and half now. The Steelers have no white skill players; so this is easy for me. So all I got to say is go Cards!

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I see there is already a thread "Go Cards win one for Pat Tillman". Maybe I shouldn't have started this thread, but at least we have a poll now so we can get a general breakdown of what posters think.

icsept

Master
I prefer the Cardinals. I don't like Mike Tomlin, particularly how he was high fivein' Clark after the cheap hit on Welker. Thanks to Tony Dungy we won't have to listen to hours of "1st black coach to win a Super Bowl" drivel.

Not much to root for on the Cardinals outside of Warner and Urban. Larry Fitzgerald is a star that I enjoy watching and seems to be a class act. Go Cards.

C Darwin

Mentor
If the Steelers win, it will be black coach worship season all over again.

I can't think of anything bad about the Steelers coach, but you know what the media will do if he wins.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Cardinals, one reason and one reason only: Kurt Warner. I would like to see this guy finally get the respect he deserves. As sport historian pointed out, he'd be the first quarterback to win a Super Bowl with two different teams.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i wish there was a "Neither" option to vote for. honestly i can't pull for either team. instead, i will cheer for great performances by the handful of individual white players who have overcome the caste system to play on this stage.

i couldn't be less excited about this so-called Super Bowl than i am. i'm looking forward to it about as much as i would a Puff Daddy concert opened by Celine Dion.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood said:
i couldn't be less excited about this so-called Super Bowl than i am. i'm looking forward to it about as much as i would a Puff Daddy concert opened by Celine Dion.

smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

That last line was a funny analogy. Yeah not a lot to look forward to in this event this year. I do like Kurt Warner a lot though.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I'm a big Kurt Warner fan too, but with the injuries to TE Spach and LB LaBoy, the Cards will be starting 20 blacks, the most ever for a Super Bowl team.

If the Steelers win, Big Ben will have gone to three AFC conference championship games in five seasons in the league, and won two Super Bowls. Pretty damn impressive. He doesn't always put up great stats, but neither did Terry Bradshaw. Bradshaw just plain old won games, and so does Ben, especially considering the o-line in front of him.

The Steelers have five white starters including two on defense. Stillthin gruel, but better than Arizona. I'll be rooting for the Steelers.

DWFan

Mentor
I have become so disenchanted with the NFL that I didn't watch one playoff game, but I guess I will still watch the Superbowl. I'm hoping the Cardinals win, because Kurt Warner and the Rams gave me so much fun about a decade or so ago--even more so than the Patriots last year, whose games I watched just about exclusively, mainly because of Welker, Brady, and Vrabel. The Cardinals are far more caste, but Warner is the kind of astoundingly accurate QB that I like to watch, and I hope he wins in an impressive manner.

devans

Mentor
I voted Cardinals. Reasons as per GI15 - lesser of two evils. But I am not really that bothered.

Andrew Lynch

I can't stand the Steelers...no reason why. I'd also like to see Kurt Warner comeback and win a Super Bowl, so I'm for the Cardinals.

GeneralLee

Big fan of Curt Warner plus the Cardinals used to play in Chicago and my dad and alot of my family members were Cardinal fans. GO CARDS!!!!
smiley32.gif

j41181

Master
My dad is for Arizona, I'm for Arizona. Go Cards!!!!
smiley32.gif

By the way, my dad is also from Arizona.
smiley36.gif

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
There's another football game??? I thought the season was over? I'll be watching hockey.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
The Steelers have 5 white starters, whereas the Cardinals will only have 2 with their TE injured. The Steelers also have 2 other whites in the DL rotation, and they regularly use 2 extra whites at TE and in HB/FB formations.

I'm a Steeler fan. I'm pulling for their 6th Super Bowl win-even though the racism against white players is sickening.

I guess this makes me one of the drunk white fans for a night.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
The people who control or engineer the NFL are most likely quite happy with this game. The one exception might be that the two starting QBs are white. A sprinkling of white players is somewhat tolerable. One team has a black coach, the other a black GM. If the Cardinals win, that makes two consecutive years the winner has had a black GM. If Chicago wins, that makes two out of the last three years the winning coach has been black. With the NFL's penchant for diversity, which may actually translate into over representation of blacks in relation to their actual population numbers, look for a continuing drive to develop black talent for these positions. In the current environment, all indications point toward the caste system to remain in place.

Because of Kurt Warner, I voted for the Cardinals. This would be alright: Both Big Ben and Kurt have tremendous games in a shootout for the ages. On the final play of the game either Kurt or Ben throws a sixty yard game winning TD to Jerheme Urban or Heath Miller, stunning the DWFs.

smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, it would be nice to see Urban make a big play or two. He's certainly among the most productive fourth receivers in the league, yet only Fitzgerald, Bouldin and Breaston are mentioned when the Cardinals' receiving corps is hyped. Urban had 34/448/4 with a 13.2 yards per reception average (better than Bouldin who is praised for his after the catch ability, and Breaston who is the team's kick returner) yet is still almost completely anonymous to the football watching public.

I think he's a restricted free agent after this game. Itwould be nice for some "brave" team to go after Urban to be a starter.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood said:
i wish there was a "Neither" option to vote for. honestly i can't pull for either team. instead, i will cheer for great performances by the handful of individual white players who have overcome the caste system to play on this stage.

My sentiments exactly! Great post JC!
smiley32.gif

Today, I caught a little of Rush Limbaugh, who was giving a Super Bowl preview on his radio show. Rush picked the Steelers 34-10. "What chance do the Arizona Cardinals have against a legendary National football League franchise?," he said.

Tom Iron

Mentor
I'll go with the Cards in that I don't want a team with a black coach to win the thing. Cards 21-12.

Tom Iron...

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Yeah but Tom; apparently the Cards have a black GM.

I have no problem with blacks having coaching or GM roles so long that they aren't overrepresented in the NFL like the current coaching situation is regressing to. Hopefully more of the future blacks that come into these positions will be more like Tony Dungy than that idiot Denny Greene or caste whore Lovie Smith or racist black GM Shack Harris.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Jimmy Chitwood said:

I forgot it's actually P-Diddy now (not that anyone cares). He changed his name supposedly because he is now a daddy and he didn't want to influence his kid to Puff!
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif