California Golden Bears

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Here are my projections for Cal's white starters in 2005.

Offense
QB-Joseph Ayoob
FB-Chris Manderino
RT-Ryan O'Callaghan
C-Marvin Phillip
RG-Aaron Merz
LG-Erik Robertson

Defense
SLB-Ryan Foltz
WLB-Mickey Pimentel? No Picture
DE-Tosh Lupoi
DT-Matt Malele

FB Byron Storer will also see the field this year, along with WR Sam DeSa, SLB Andy Briner, MLB Greg Van Hoesen, and DE Steve Kelley. Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Gary

Mentor
Hey Colonel Reb-your doing a great job on these college football line-ups. But you haven't posted any for a time-is everything alright?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Yeah Gary, everything is fine with me. Thanks for the compliment. I must admit the reason I haven't been doing any more is that I'm just tired of doing them right now. They take a lot of time and are very boring after a while. I will add some more soon though, I just have to get in the mood again. Don't expect me to get all 117 teams though, as several schools websites are incomplete and finding a roster with pictures is almost impossible for some teams. I have 5-10 more teams I want to add, but am waiting for new info. I promise though, as soon as I see what I'm looking for, I'll add them.

Gary

Mentor
Glad to hear your Okay. I enjoy all your posts. Some sports I have very little interest in-Tennis,Golf,Running,Bowling,but I do follow Boxing,College Football,UFC,World's Strongest Man. Keep up the good work and have a great day!!
smiley2.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I think Col. Reb is a worthy winner of Caste Football's 2005 Order of Merit for all his hard work researching these starting lineups!
smiley20.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I 2nd that Don.Col.Reb has actually surpassed ESPN as my
source for College Football Info.lol.Seriously,you have
done a great job C.Reb.Thank you from all of us here at
Caste.I know we all can't wait for football to start.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Col. Reb you have done a great job with the college teams, you help make Caste Football the place to go for information!
smiley20.gif
smiley32.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Oh man, you guys are too much! Ya'll got me to laughing with those. Seriously though, I appreciate it. I have some very intense yearnings to do research for college football this time of year. It stems from being a long time, rabid, Ole Miss fan. Now that those days are over, I can provide some info to the site as an outlet. Its kind of a fix I guess.

This is exactly the right place to let the world know about these guys who are playing some top-notch football. Due to the Caste System, many of these white Seniors will never play again, and I'm speaking of all the college teams. This is my way to fight the system. I'll get the info out there and then its up to everyone else what they do with it. Hopefully, as colleges get better sources of team info online, the job will get easier. I know you guys are some big time college football fans, so I am glad to do it. College and high school football are the only sports I really get into, the NFL is a distant third. It is good to know that I'm taking away ESPN's ratings too!
smiley36.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Bronk, don't worry! I have no intentions of ever furling it, at home or on the net!

Here's a quick observation about Chris Manderino. I was watching the Cal-New Mexico St. game this weekend, and Manderino had one catch -- but what a catch it was! He took the ball in the flat and took off, leaving the New Mexico St. DBs in the dust. One of the Cal receivers stupidly and inexplicably bumped into Manderino as he was going down the sideline, taking away a probable touchdown.

Anyway, this got me thinking -- if Manderino was able to blow by the DBs even after "knowing his role" and bulking up to play fullback, imagine how fast he'd be if he was at normal tailback weight? And, furthermore, what if the roles were reversed? How much speed would the typical black tailback lose if they, too, were constantly forced to "bulk up" to block for speedy white tailbacks?

And, of course, Manderino's tale is a familiar one. He was a record-setting RB in high school, but had to walk on to Cal. Then, he had to bulk up and become a FB to even have a shot at making the team.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the info on him.It just makes me sick how many of these record setting high school running backs get snubbed.No scholarship offers.It is so obvious.It is a slap in the face to every one of these kids.I agree with you on the weight issue.Manderino would be even harder to catch if he could stay at the running back weight.It's just complete b.s.