Budinger to declare?

sunshine

Mentor
Looks like Chase B will declare but not official. With McRoberts already headed to the NBA this seems to be a new trend for white players. Is it good? Both cases they aren't exactly ready. Budinger is a smooth player with terrific hops. He isn't very physical or aggressive at this stage. McRoberts is unpolished offensively and at times seems completely out of sync .
But both have the tools to become good NBA players. And at this point I say go for it because we do not need gun shy types. It breaks the stereotypes for white guys needing 4 years unlike the black guys who "need 0 years." Go for it as they say and all the more power to them. Both are nice young men who should do fine.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
personally, i feel that they are no less ready than the countless hordes of black players who make the jump. most of 'em tend to leave too soon, in my opinion. if i were an NBA GM, i'd definitely have a different strategy with regards to the NBA Draft than anyone else seems to have.

American players who stay in college tend to have their games picked apart by scouts, while those with unknown attributes (usually called potential) are drooled over.

familiarity breeds contempt from most NBA player evaluators, or so it seems, so if they get guaranteed that they'll be picked in the first round i have no probelm with them making the jump. they are both very athletic and possess tremendous all-around games, although neither is a dominant scorer at the present.