Brian Minto

Alpha Male

Mentor
Sure, we all love rooting for the Eastern Europeans who have taken a hold on the heavyweight division, as well as some lighter weights from Britain. But Brian Minto is the kid we should all be rooting for, American and hard working to boot. He's also extremely athletic. Check out this link about him...

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=4921&more=1Edited by: Alpha Male

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
From fight news:

Minto-Seldon for NABO Belt!

WBO#9 Heavyweight Brian "The Beast"Â￾ Minto (33-2) will face former WBA heavyweight champion Bruce "The Atlantic City Express"Â￾ Seldon (40-7) for the interim WBO NABO heavyweight title on Friday August 14th at Pullman Park in Butler, Pennsylvania. A winner of six straight, WBA#15 Minto will also be putting his WBA Fedecentro title on the line. Seldon, a winner of two straight and five of his last six, boasts 36 knockouts in his 40 professional wins. The show will mark the second appearance by Minto at the historic Pullman Park baseball stadium. Last year, Minto Ko'd John Poore (20-2) on ESPN2's Wednesday Night Fights before thousands of spectators.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Deffinitely a guy to root for!

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I sure wish there were more white American contenders. Pickings are pretty slim at this point. JD Chapman is 29-0 with an 89 percent knockout percentage. He has fought some decent competition but nothing to show his true potential as of yet. Minto has potential as well.

Blue Devils

Mentor
The original opponent Bruce Seldon wasn't approved by the NABO so now Brian will face an undefeated fighter from my home state Donnell Holmes 31-0-2(27). I seen a clip of Holmes fighting during a commercial while I was watching Friday Night Fights. It was a little promo commercial for the local fight scene. From what I saw he's not nearly as good as his record would indicate. In other words, Minto should beat him.

Minto Hires Freddie Roach as Trainer

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Holmes vs. Minto will likely be a good fight ending in a knockout. Brian Minto has an aggressive style, and Donnell Holmes has one-punch KO power.

story

It will be streamed on this website this coming Friday:

PPV stream

Donnell "The Real Touch of Sleep" Holmes is an undefeated black fighter with a record of 31-0 and 27 KOs.

Whoever wins this will likely move up in the sanctioning bodies rankings and may even receive a title fight. Minto was ready to fight Wladimir Klitschko when Haye backed out, so he's definitely is aiming for an eventual world title shot.

Westside

Hall of Famer
I have never really thought of Brian more than a couple notches above a club fighter. This Friday he could change my mind and have me officially on his bandwagon. It appears the planents are aligned for him to pull the trigger and breakout and become a real contender. 1st, he has been training for months, so he should be in excellent condition. 2nd, he has the top trainer in his corner, Freddie "No Joke" Roach. 3rd he has the next hyped black affelet in front of him, who has a impressive record. If Brian goes out and takes care of business in destructive fashion the doors will swing wide open for him. I will be watching this Friday night with anticapation.

Blue Devils

Mentor
20090814hcdusiaf001.jpg

Donnell Holmes 221 Brian Minto 217.5

white is right

Hall of Famer
I too have never thought of Minto as more than a winning club fighter. But with a win here he can get an eliminator. The problem for him is that he isn't wildly popular in a major region of the US. Trust me it helps, it has helped Arreola get a shot against Vitali.

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
from fightnews:

The WBO #8 and WBA #15 ranked heavyweight Brian "The Beast"Â￾ Minto (34-2, 21 KOs) won a controversial four round technical decision over previously unbeaten Donnell Holmes (31-1-2, 27 KOs) in a bout for the vacant NABO world title on Friday night at Pullman Park in Butler, Pennsylvania. Minto suffered a cut above his eye early in round four, but there was no signal from the referee whether the cut was caused by a punch or an accidental headbutt. The bout was stopped after the round and went to the scorecards where Minto was ahead by scores of 39-37, 40-36, 40-36.

Not the best way for a fight to be decided, but nice to see Brian Minto win!
smiley32.gif

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
green fire317 said:
the way i look at it a win is a win

He'll move up a bit in the sanctioning organizations' rankings. Holmes is currently ranked by the WBC. Most heavyweights on Minto's level want a title shot (a big payday) before their career is over.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Hey Parody, I like the effects of your Fedor vid. Did you create it?

Charles Martel

Hall of Famer
Chris Arreola weighed in at 263 today, and Brian Minto appeared a bit overweight too at 218.

Arreola is about 4" taller and he's 45 pounds heavier. Will this make a difference I wonder?

white is right

Hall of Famer
A career high for Cristobal. The weight could be a factor if Minto can take him deep. Minto might have to do something like his first Vinny to have a shot at winning this.

Westside

Hall of Famer
I hope Minto wins for the simple fact that while Cristobal has some talent, but he has simply no discpline. Knowning that he got his ass handed to him by Vitali you would think he would come into this fight at 235 to 240 lbs.

I hope Minto can take him into deep water and drown him!

The Hock

Master
I think Arreola is just too big and strong for Minto, who is more of a tweener heavy/cruiser. I can't see Minto going ten rounds with Vitali the way Arreola did. It is an interesting matchup though and should be a good fight.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Brian was tough and courageous last night against Chris but as The Hock stated Arreola was just too big and good for Brian to overcome. Brian does have skills and snapped Chris's head back several times.

If I am Brian I would fight at cruiser weight. Todays heavyweights are just too big and atheletic for him to be truely successful. He would have a good chance of winning a belt or two below 200 lbs. I think he is carry around 15 unneccessary lbs.

Brian, cruiserweight is where you would excell at.

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Agreed - with Adamek leaving, Brian would have a chance to pick up a belt at 200. Minto was game and certainly did not embarrass us by quitting, cowering or getting waxed early (ala Golota). Even the announcers noted these guys were in two different weight classes.

Blue Devils

Mentor
Minto to Crusierweight?

After a valiant performance Saturday on HBO against Chris Arreola (28-1, 25 KOs), WBO#5 Brian "The Beast"Â￾ Minto (34-3) says he prefers to fight boxers his size in the future. "It's extremely difficult giving up 45 pounds in a fight,"Â￾ stated Minto. "Arreola was too big for me, and it showed. I'll pick on guys my own size in 2010."Â￾ Arreola, 6"²4, weighed 263, while Minto, 5"²11, tipped the scales at 218 pounds. Although at a significant size disadvantage, Minto displayed immense heart and could be very dangerous in a smaller weight class. "As far as a move to cruiserweight, I can definitely make the 200 pound weight limit,"Â￾ he said. "However, there are only a few cruisers who I'd be interested in boxing â€" Marco Huck (27-1), B.J. Flores (24-0-1), Zsolt Erdei (31-0), Danny Green (28-3) or Firat Arslan (29-4)."Â￾ His manager, Pat Nelson added "Unless Minto lands a major cruiserweight fight or a heavyweight bout under 225 pounds against Ruslan Chagaev (25-1-1), Tomasz Adamek (39-1) or Denis Boytsov (26-0), he plans on defending his WBO NABO heavyweight title sometime in April, possibly against Tony Grano (16-1-1) who is also around 220 pounds."Â￾