Brian Leonard 23

White Mike

Guru
ToughJ.Riggins said:
If I recall, a sportscaster quoted him as saying that he was faster than at least 10 white QBs and that Leftwich had mentioned fellow former Marshall QB Chad Pennington as one of those white QBs. I looked up their combine times and that is flat out untrue. Leftwich is faster than Tom Brady though Brady runs in the low 5.2's Leftwich runs in the upper 5.0's

Just imagine if the "shoe was on the other foot" and Matt Jones said he was faster than at least 10 black QBs. How much heat he would be under fo his "racist" statement. How can being pro-black be considered so PC, yet if you're pro-white you deemed as a racist.

cslewis1

Guru
highschoolcoach said:
I can certainly relate to the lack of time.  Maybe I'll do it myself sometime, but hope that someone beats me to it.  I would love to see the result of an objective (not anecdotal) analysis.  It would be easy for someone with the time.

Hey my man, I hear you there. I was hoping someone on this site would write a book about the history of the Castesystem in sports. Love for someone ELSE
smiley2.gif
to run with that, but I imagine like most on here, I don't have the freakin' time. As hardworking white men, we're too busy busting our butts to pay for all the benefits the illegals get when they come here.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
RB Laurence Maroney of the Patriots had shoulder pain down the stretch last season, subsequently underwent surgery after the season, but still has problems according to this article. With Corey Dillon being released it might give New England more incentive to draft Leonard. I don't care whereLeonard goes particularly, as long as he gets an opportunity to be a tailback, which is a longshot with all 32 Caste teams, but the Patriots might be his best hope.

[url]http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid= 190898&srvc=home[/url]

Considering the temper of the times, which scenario is more likely, a) or b)?

Brian Leonard wins the starting tailback spot for his NFL team and gains 2,500 yards on 250 carries and scores 40 touchdowns. Afterwards:

a) Division I college recruiters start aggressively searching the nation for white running backs and recruiting them to play running back.

b) The experts explain that the current group of NFL running backs is "thin" because all the best ones are playing basketball or running track. In addition, the defenses are generally weak because there are too manyoverachieving but slowguys playing defense. The solution is tohave a program to interestmore of the real athletes to play running back and to get more superior athletes playing defense.

This is a simple multiple choice quiz.

white is right

Hall of Famer
If he could pop off 2500 yards I don't think any scouting department would think they could find any back to do that.......
smiley36.gif
Seriously though a back with a similar build like Kyle Bell would get the benefit of the doubt to be a tailback or running fullback at the NFL level.
smiley32.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
This is from USA Today article about draft prospects, "Big risks, but big rewards in the NFL draft pool":

- Brian Leonard, RB, Rutgers: Leonard needs to overcome the misconception by some teams that he is a fullback. At 6-2, 226 pounds and running a 4.52 40, Leonard could be a great fit for a one-back offense as a featured runner.

smiley32.gif

White Mike

Guru
backrow said:
This is from USA Today article about draft prospects, "Big risks, but big rewards in the NFL draft pool":

- Brian Leonard, RB, Rutgers: Leonard needs to overcome the misconception by some teams that he is a fullback. At 6-2, 226 pounds and running a 4.52 40, Leonard could be a great fit for a one-back offense as a featured runner.

smiley32.gif
great find backrow.
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

C Darwin

Mentor
backrow said:
This is from USA Today article about draft
prospects, "Big risks, but big rewards in the NFL draft pool":

- Brian Leonard, RB, Rutgers: Leonard needs to overcome the
misconception by some teams that he is a fullback. At 6-2, 226
pounds and running a 4.52 40, Leonard could be a great fit for a
one-back offense as a featured runner.

smiley32.gif

I wonder why USA Today didn't report his 4.49 he clocked in the
combine? Edited by: C Darwin

backrow

Hall of Famer
C Darwin said:
backrow said:
This is from USA Today article about draft
prospects, "Big risks, but big rewards in the NFL draft pool":

- Brian Leonard, RB, Rutgers: Leonard needs to overcome the
misconception by some teams that he is a fullback. At 6-2, 226
pounds and running a 4.52 40, Leonard could be a great fit for a
one-back offense as a featured runner.

smiley32.gif

I wonder why USA Today didn't report his 4.49 he clocked in the
combine?

yeah, i've noticed that as well, it's funny how in his case his official 40 time was his slower one...

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I never see the 4.49 time, always 4.50 or 4.52. I wouldn't expect anything else though.

lumsdenpower

Mentor
I would like if Leonard can be suck a power runner like Ricky Williams. I hope that Leonard would kick ass of the brotha! A couple of hurdle but not too much. I want him to break the tackle! Now he don't need to ran the 40 again so take 10 pound Leonard for break TACKLE
smiley32.gif

Freedom

Mentor
ToughJ.Riggins wrote:
If I recall, a sportscaster quoted him as saying that he was faster than at least 10 white QBs and that Leftwich had mentioned fellow former Marshall QB Chad Pennington as one of those white QBs. I looked up their combine times and that is flat out untrue. Leftwich is faster than Tom Brady though Brady runs in the low 5.2's Leftwich runs in the upper 5.0's

I believe Brady was reported as running a 4.99 forty at the combine
smiley1.gif
Tight timing I'll admit. Leftwich seems to be okay, throws a decent squareout. Hopefully, he hits Jones on that. The squareout is the stat maker that fast white guys don't get to run enough imo.

I think Leonard could be a half back, but I don't know if he should have to run pass patterns a lot. He should focus on being a ball carrier.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I know one thing about 40 times, at least on a personal level, I'd be really upset if someone was using my slower 40 time to market me with. I've got short legs, and at 5-6 wasn't a burner in high school. 10th grade was the last year I played football, and I usually ran a 5.0 40. One day though, I ran a 4.99 and 4.95. You best believe I grabbed that 4.95 and held on to it as much as possible. I do take a lot of pride in being the fastest lineman on the team for both years I played there.
smiley1.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I see discrepancies often when it comes to the way the corporate media reports 40 times. Sometimes a time will be listed that's .2 seconds or more off.

I attribute a lot of it to sloppiness and incompetence, along with dumbed down "reporters." As an editor, I'm always looking for factual errors, straw men arguments, mis-spellings, typos, etc., in anything I read, and believe me there's a continual increase in all of the above and much more.

So much of the "news" and "entertainment" industries today, and that includes sports as well, consists of pseudo-clever, smirking, facile pap, along with various diversions and dead-ends. A very large portion is deliberate lies promoted as truths that no one is allowed to challenge without penalty.

We're bombarded with information, but very little of it is valuable, even less thought-provoking or profound.

The key is to find the valuable nuggets that aren't just skin deep. Better yet, be able to contribute them yourself for others to appreciate. Edited by: Don Wassall

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I've recently, after some thought and research, become nervous that Leonard is not going to live up to his potential as a probable early second round pick. He's the first white RB to get "any" hype in recent memory. This is b/c of his trademark Leonard leap (don't know how well it will work in the pros) and being the main guy behind turning Rutgers around. Being from the NY metropolitan area also helped a great deal. If Leonard doesn't live up to his draft stock, if he gets a chance to prove himself as a HB mind you, this could very likely hurt our cause of getting chances for other white HBs. He has good athleticism for a big half back at the NFL level, but his vision as a runner only seems average. His power for a big HB doesn't blow you away either. He's no Alstott or Bettis in this area.

He ran for only 4.6 a carry this year in a pretty successful Rutgers offense, 4.3 last year, and 3.7 sophomore year when the program was still awful. It was out of the FB position, without a lead blocker, mind you, but his productivity has not wooed me. He ran for a solid 4.1 ypc as a freshman, playing at HB, when the program was ridiculously bad. However it's not like the competition Rutgers plays against is that of the SEC. I mean they play WV and Louisville, but they play loads of bad teams. It has just left me wondering about his productivity. I think, hard nosed runner, Kyle Bell is a better big HB prospect when you factor in productivity for the team he played on more than athleticism. I doubt many will agree with me, but I worry Leonard is not the right guy at the right time to be "our" caste buster. I don't know, but tell me where I'm wrong here.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
You're wrong in expecting Leonard to be a "caste buster." What he does or doesn't achieve in the NFL will have little effect on the plight of white running backs in general. The analogy in U.S. politics is expecting change from the top down -- that somehow a man who stands for all that we hold dear will get elected and America painlessly and effortlessly becomes America again. Ain't gonna happen.

Leonard is merely the latest of many white running backs who should be playing in the NFL. The NFL should have many white tailbacks -- starters and backups. If Leonard does get an opportunity and does well, in the bigger scheme of things it will be no different than Jason Sehorn's success at cornerback a decade ago. Did I-A programs suddenly begin to recruit white cornerbacks from among the large pool of white high school cornerbacks? No. Did the big programs suddenly begin recruiting from among the extraordinarily large pool of talented white wide receivers after Drew Bennett dominated games when Billy Volek was Tennessee's QB in the second half of the '04 season? No. Did Patrick Jeffers' mind-boggling performance in the second half of the 1999 season change any perceptions or recruiting or drafting practices? No.

If Leonard does well, he will be labeled as a rare exception to the rule. It won't change anything. The Caste System MUST be far more understood and objected to at all levels, but especially from the grassroots (fans, white athletes and their families and friends) up before anything will change.Edited by: Don Wassall

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I too have seen far too little accuracy in "investigative reporting" since I have been keeping up with it. I have only been around a couple of reporters that seemed to conduct themselves in a professional way.

As for Leonard not being a Caste-buster, I think he can be if given a legitimate, long term shot. He is just as good a runner as most NFL backs that I have seen, and better than a lot of them. He will have to do very well quickly though, in order to keep a starting type job. All we are doing right now is speculating. Unless he gets a chance to prove himself, the whole argument is really useless.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Don, I too share some of your pessimism. When I use the term "caste-buster" it's more along the lines of "them busting" breaking through the caste system then breaking down the entire system itself. However, I think Leonard would change things a little, unlike Sehorn. I'm not saying a lot by any stretch, but some. Sehorn was only outstanding for one year, that being 1997, and then had a bad injury and became only an average corner from than on who had trouble staying on the field. Also HBs get a lot more attention than corners from fans. HB is just as glamourous as QB. The aforementioned are the most glamourous positions in football. WR is a close second IMO. Things have changed a little in the NBA and it's better than nothing!
smiley4.gif

***Here is some scouting I did from watching videos from Scout, Rivals and Youtube.com and what it has told me. The thing that is really bothering me is, if it were fair, we could have had a versatile group of drafted white runners other than Leonard this year.

1. From watching video of Tim Shaw as a H.S RB, he ran a lot like Mershawn Lynch; a powerful runner with his pads low who was very light on his feet. Leonard gets too upright at times and looks a shade behind Lynch and Shaw as far as mobility and making cuts.

From watching footage of Tre Smith; he looked like an excellent scat back who could change direction on a dime with good speed. Maybe he could have been a Warrick Dunn clone if he was given the chance. Maybe a second round NFL draft pick?

Didn't watch any footage of Dan Burks, but he looks to be a Leonard level athlete from his Pro Day times. He also seemed more productive in limited time than Leonard.

Lastly, I have big hopes for this coming college season. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Kyle Bell bounces back strong this year. Would he actually get consideration as a first day NFL draft pick next year if he does? One site has compared him to my Dad's favourite player John Riggins. Maybe Van Rensburg is another Mike Alstott at FB. Vanderbilt seems more fair than most football programs, so I'm hopeful. Kevin Harris is another good big power-runner who has good athletic ability that I'm rooting for. However, I am not hopeful of Wake Forest being fair to him. And very lastly, maybe fellow Vanderbiltean Jared Hawkins will get a chance to prove he's an elite scat back. Unfortunately, Tre Smith lost his chance to do that. I'm not overly optimistic, but I think we may see a small improvement!

Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Another thing I was hoping people would give feedback on is, as I've said before, that many of the outstanding white players at the forbidden positions had horrible injuries at the wrong time. As mentioned Sehorn, but also Patrick Jeffers, Luke Staley, and now Kyle Bell. It may also have not been much of a stretch to say that Ed McCaffery may have played a few more years and made an argument for the Hall of Fame had he not broken his leg. It's almost as if there is a curse on outstanding white players at the speed positions. Or maybe some of them have been cheap hits by certain black players who feel threatened?
smiley5.gif

Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
CB Chad Scott of the Steelers was involved in two racially intriguing incidents during training camp in the summer of 2000. WR Danny Farmer (white) was widely predictedafterthe junior yearof his record setting career at UCLA -- even by the corporate sports media and its accompanying hacks and experts -- to be drafted late first round or early second round. Cade McNown (another arch-enemy of Caste Systemites and mindless drunk white fans) was quoted in Sports Illustrated ascalling Famer the best receiver he ever threw to, even after the Senior Bowl when he had been throwing to the likes of Tory Holt and Peerless Price.

But Farmer was injured his senior season and subsequently wasn't drafted until the Steelers took him in the 4th round. Cowher until late in his, unfortunately, future Hall of Fame coaching career, was the NFL's poster boy for white "whigger" coaches dating back to when he succeeded Chuck Noll at the age of 34 after the '91 season.

Farmer (a tremendous wide receiver at UCLA, and also an All-American at volleyball and a top-flight scholar) was modestly praised by the Pittsburgh media -- until the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette ran an almost full page picture in its sports section of Chad Scott fighting with Farmer. The way the photo looked, Scott was entirely the aggressor, which is undoubtedly accurate. Farmer was quickly run off the team by Cowher, waived before the regular season, the highest drafted pick of the '00 NFL Draft to be cut in training camp. As Caste Football has written aboutnumerous times, Farmer had obvious superstar potential yet was totally screwed by the league -- even after he starred in the very limited playing time he was given by the Cincinnati Bengals after being cut by Pittsburgh.

During the final preseason game in '00, Jeffers, following his historic, unbelievable '99 campaign as perhaps the most unstoppable weapon ever in the NFL, was inexplicably sent on a 3 yard route over the middle in a totally meaningless game. He was hit by Scott, his knee was blown out, and his NFL career effectively instantly ended. Edited by: Don Wassall

a-train

Guru
ToughJ.Riggins said:
I've recently, after some thought and research, become nervous that Leonard is not going to live up to his potential as a probable early second round pick. He's the first white RB to get "any" hype in recent memory. This is b/c of his trademark Leonard leap (don't know how well it will work in the pros) and being the main guy behind turning Rutgers around. Being from the NY metropolitan area also helped a great deal. If Leonard doesn't live up to his draft stock, if he gets a chance to prove himself as a HB mind you, this could very likely hurt our cause of getting chances for other white HBs. He has good athleticism for a big half back at the NFL level, but his vision as a runner only seems average. His power for a big HB doesn't blow you away either. He's no Alstott or Bettis in this area.

He ran for only 4.6 a carry this year in a pretty successful Rutgers offense, 4.3 last year, and 3.7 sophomore year when the program was still awful. It was out of the FB position, without a lead blocker, mind you, but his productivity has not wooed me. He ran for a solid 4.1 ypc as a freshman, playing at HB, when the program was ridiculously bad. However it's not like the competition Rutgers plays against is that of the SEC. I mean they play WV and Louisville, but they play loads of bad teams. It has just left me wondering about his productivity. I think, hard nosed runner, Kyle Bell is a better big HB prospect when you factor in productivity for the team he played on more than athleticism. I doubt many will agree with me, but I worry Leonard is not the right guy at the right time to be "our" caste buster. I don't know, but tell me where I'm wrong here.
Your wrong on Leonard he's tested out as good as all the top backs to come out in the last 4years you can pull up all the quickness and speed drills from the combine on nfl draftscount.com.Not to mention Leonard was NY High School all time leading rusher at 1-time.His vision is very good but you need to watch his runs from the RB position to study his vision not from FB or short yardage runs were you just want to pick up the first down not really look for nothing else.As for his power if you seen his frame he's not built like Alstott or Bettis thats why he should have been a RB all the time he's more lean with a smaller bone look his dad looks to be 6ft2in 180lbs and his mother looked 5ft4in 130 lbs.As for the SEC if you think they are the best Defenders then you are suppoting the Caste system because i can tell you here in Florida there is a lot of white kids who should be on them SEC Defenses that would make them better but are never given the chance to.Edited by: a-train

Gi-15

Mentor
a-train said:
[As for the SEC if you think they are the best Defenders then you are suppoting the Caste system because i can tell you here in Florida there is a lot of white kids who should be on them SEC Defenses that would make them better but are never given the chance to.

He is not supporting the caste system, he is pointing out fact. SEC defense are the best in the country. Would they be better with more white talent? Probably, Would another conference be better than the SEC if they had more white talent? there's a good possiblity. But for now, SEC Defenses are the better ones

a-train

Guru
Gi-15 said:
a-train said:
[As for the SEC if you think they are the best Defenders then you are suppoting the Caste system because i can tell you here in Florida there is a lot of white kids who should be on them SEC Defenses that would make them better but are never given the chance to.

He is not supporting the caste system, he is pointing out fact. SEC defense are the best in the country. Would they be better with more white talent? Probably, Would another conference be better than the SEC if they had more white talent? there's a good possiblity. But for now, SEC Defenses are the better ones
Well i can tell you it's not a fact.I've been involved with Florida football for 30 years and these same white kids in High School shut down these so called D-1 Players and they would do it in college and for proof pull up the best High School Teams you will see they are loaded with white players.I can tell you i have lived in the south my whole life all the SEC Defense have is a bunch of speed players but not the best fundamentals I think Ohio State,Penn State or Iowa are just as good.Edited by: a-train

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
True Ohio State and Penn State have had great white LB's. Actually the best in college football; AJ Hawk, Carpenter and Shaw, Connor and Puzsluzny at Penn State. Sometimes they have had other good white defenders elsewhere if the racist coaches and recruiters permit. But I was comparing the overall talent of SEC defenses to teams like Connecticut, USF, Cincinatti and other very weak teams that Rutgers has played like, Howard; which happens to be all black, North Carolina etc. Heck even Pittsburg's defense isn't very good IMO. Most of these teams are blacker than most Big 10 or PAC 10 teams and not as good defensivly. Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins