Brandon Leone-Texas A&M RB

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
leone-brandon.jpg

How did we forget about this guy? He played in only 2 games this year, but I thought someone from Texas would have noticed him! I mentioned him in my Texas A&M thread during the summer, but I forgot about him!
smiley7.gif
He started the game against Oklahoma State and had 13 carries and 3 catches, including one for a TD. He is a 6-0 215 pound Junior RB from Spring, Texas. He was supposedly listed as 2'nd string Tailback after the spring, but was demoted to 3'rd when the season began. Brandon had 6 carries for 31 yards and a TD today against Texas! He also had a 6 yard catch. Hopefully we will see more of Brandon next season. Here is more info on Brandon.

HIGH SCHOOL: First-team all-district and all-count selection despite only playing in seven games as a senior at Oak Ridge High School in Spring, Texas ... still managed to rush for 1,001 yards on 133 carries and 12 touchdowns ... helped the War Eagles to No. 1 ranking among Class 4A in the All-Greater Houston rankings ... as a junior, Leone produced 61 tackles, 4 interceptions and blocked 5 kicks ... coached by Roger Holtkomp ... four-year track and field letterman with best marks of 10.69 in the 100-meter dash and 22.16 in the 200-meter dash.Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Bronk

Mentor
Yes, I saw Leone carry the ball in the Aggie spring game and said, wow, look at this tall white kid kicking ass out there. Then the season starts and pppffffffit ... nothing. This kid can play, Fran, PUT HIM IN!

Don't forget A&M's QB Stephen McGee. That cat was tearing the Texas defense up with the option then suddenly they go away from it.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
McGee was really impressive! 105 rushing yards! It made me sick how they said he couldn't run at the beginning of the game. He showed them though!
smiley32.gif

Bronk

Mentor
Whomever said that kid could not run is an idiot!

I saw him just eat the Sooners up on the ground last week. He's just a freshman. When he gets his air game on the rails, look out; nobody will even remember Reggie McNeil ever played at A&M.

SteveB

Mentor
Brandon was mentioned a little in the Texas A&M thread. He is an exceptional athlete. He was originally recruited to play safety at A&M. Since the Aggies are pretty deep there and thin at RB, they moved him in the spring to RB. In the OK St. game he fumbled 4 times which put him in the doghouse with the coaches. He should get more PT next year since Courtney Lewis has had injury problems his entire career. Go Brandon.