Brandon Byram

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
manor777 said:
I have always wondered why lane 8 is considered a bad lane?

it's a bad lane because you are basically running the whole race by yourself, with no idea of what's going on with the other runners unless one of them passes you.

unlike with the other lanes, you have no chance to keep an eye on your competitors in order to know how fast (or not) you have to run. basically, the only way you get to see your fellow competitors is if one of them passes you, and, due to the stagger, if one of them passes you that late in the race it would be incredibly difficult to catch them.

manor777

Ahhh ok i see, yea i guess that is a big disadvantage, thank you for clearing that up. Well has there ever been an American white sprinter go sub 20??? Anyways, best of luck to Byram today in the finals.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
There is a little over 3 hours until he races. I hope he can get a really good start. Depending how hard he runs the curve will tell us if he has any chance of staying close o Mitchell. Good luck Brandon.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
He finished 2nd like I predicted. The time wasn't that good but he was way ahead of the rest of the pack. He must be a little tired. It's been a long season. Congrats Brandon.
Half-Mile Timing - Contractor License
NACAC Under 23 Championships - 7/9/2010 to 7/11/2010
Hosted by: City of Miramar
Ansin Sports Complex: Miramar, Florida

Event 20 Men 200 Meter Dash
==============================================================================
NACAC: @ 19.32 8/1/1996 Michael Johnson, USA
Name Year Team Semis Finals Wind
==============================================================================
Finals
1 Mitchell, Curtis United States of 19.99 20.06 2.8
2 Byram, Brandon United States of 20.31 20.46 2.8
3 Dwyer, Rasheed Jamaica 20.64 20.64 2.8
4 McKenzie, Ramone Jamaica 21.08 20.94 2.8
5 Adams, Antoine St. Kitts & Nevis 20.80 21.00 2.8
6 Agard, Terence Netherland Antilles 21.06 21.02 2.8
7 Harper, Tyler Canada 20.91 21.03 2.8
8 Pickstock, La'Sean Bahamas 21.03 21.07 2.8
Edited by: white lightning

albinosprint

Mentor
not bad after a long season! good for him.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Good runs by Byram!
He may be America's best 200m sprinter since Kevin Little. I can't think of anyone else off the top of my head.Edited by: jacknyc

manor777

yea, from what i hear he had an amazing start but died near the end. Anyways, i expect him to go 19 next year. This guy has been improving every year, freshmen year-20.88, sophomore year-20.66, junior year- 20.31. If he follows his current trend he can def drop a 19.9 in a good race.

mastermulti

Master
jacknyc said:
Good runs by Byram!
He may be America's best 200m sprinter since Kevin Little. I can't think of anyone else off the top of my head.

I guess friend Wariner is ahead in the rankings even though he doesn't usually do this eventEdited by: mastermulti

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I think Jordan Boase might run another 1-2 races in Europe. Nothing is going on over there now due to the Euro Champs in Barcelona.

Brandon Byram is taking the rest of the summer off as far as I know. He will be back at Florida State in the fall and he should really be one to watch in 2011. Hopefully he can have a huge year. Then hopefully he attempt to make a career of it like Jordan Boase. They would make great training partners.

manor777

I think if Byram practices the 400 next year he can not only run 44. but i also think it will greatly improve his 200m strength. I think near the end of next year he will dip into the 19s. He only ran two 4x4s this year, which makes his 200m time pretty impressive considering the lack of strength work.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Brandon Byram is on fire. He was the ACCCo-Performer of the Week and tonight ran a NCAA Qualifier in his first 200 race for a win in a blazing time of 20.73! Phenomenal. This kid is special. He has speed equal if not greater than Wariner. This is indoors guys. WOW! Brandon was the 2nd fastest 200 man in the nation last year. Here is to him being first this year and running down around 20 seconds. Good luck Brandon!

http://www.seminoles.com/sports/c-track/spec-rel/012511aac.htmlEdited by: white lightning

white lightning

Hall of Famer
His 20.73 win tonight puts him with the 2nd fastest time in the world at the moment indoors over 200 meters and this was his very first deuce of the year. This kid is going to be amazing to watch this spring and summer. Let's go Seminoles.

mastermulti

Master
saw him on youtube do 21.04 for 3rd last year behind Charles Clark (20.67) and Maurice Mitchell.
Now he's moved up to just on that winners time. Great improvement

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Hey mastermulti. Did you know that one of Brandons teammates is David Ambler? I'm hoping he can step up his game this year. He should be getting some good coaching. He just has to be careful as Florida has so many distractions with the beach, ladies, etc. Amber should be used to that though coming from New Zealand.
I have a feeling that Brandon Byram is going to go sub 20 within a couple of years. He has the talent and he is driven like Wariner and others to be the best.

mastermulti

Master
sure did..... he ran first leg and passed to Byram then another guy I can't recall before Maurice Mitchell got it. Good team, they ran a low 39s 4x100 two seasons ago for Florida.

I think he may have been injured last season since he contested none of the tryouts for a NZ Com Games qualifier

albinosprint

Mentor
20.73 is some start to the indoor season.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
There were multiple heats at the Tyson Invitational in the 200 meters. These were the top 8 times out of all the heat. Brandon Byram had the 2nd fastest after only his teammate Mitchell. What is interesting is that Mitchell has a 20.24p.b. outdoors and Byram was not nearly this fast last year. These two guys went 1-2 all last years and at the NCAA Champs. Brandon Byram has really closed the gap on his teammate. We should see some real fireworks outdoors in a month or two. M.Niit also ran well as he was in the top 8 fastest times out of 18 rounds of heats.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=left ="meetresults"><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD>1</TD>
<TD>Maurice Mitchell</TD>
<TD>JR</TD>
<TD>Florida State</TD>
<TD>20.70</TD>
<TD align=middle></TD>
<TD>A</TD>
<TD></TD>
<TD></TD>
<TD></TD>
<TD align=middle>2 (1)</TD></TR>
<TR ="#eaeaea">
<TD>2</TD>
<TD>Brandon Byram</TD>
<TD>SR</TD>
<TD>Florida State</TD>
<TD>20.74</TD>
<TD align=middle></TD>
<TD>A</TD>
<TD></TD>
<TD></TD>
<TD></TD>
<TD align=middle>1 (1)</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>3</TD>
<TD>Tony McQuay</TD>
<TD>SO</TD>
<TD>Florida</TD>
<TD>20.88</TD>
<TD align=middle></TD>
<TD></TD>
<TD></TD>
<TD></TD>
<TD></TD>
<TD align=middle>3 (1)</TD></TR>
<TR ="#eaeaea">
<TD>4</TD>
<TD>TJ Graham</TD>
<TD>SO</TD>
<TD>North Carolina St.</TD>
<TD>20.90</TD>
<TD align=middle></TD>
<TD></TD>
<TD></TD>
<TD></TD>
<TD></TD>
<TD align=middle>5 (1)</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>5</TD>
<TD>Zye Boey</TD>
<TD>SO</TD>
<TD>Eastern Illinois</TD>
<TD>20.97</TD>
<TD align=middle></TD>
<TD></TD>
<TD></TD>
<TD></TD>
<TD></TD>
<TD align=middle>1 (2)</TD></TR>
<TR ="#eaeaea">
<TD>6</TD>
<TD>Kind Butler</TD>
<TD>JR</TD>
<TD>Indiana</TD>
<TD>21.01</TD>
<TD align=middle></TD>
<TD></TD>
<TD></TD>
<TD></TD>
<TD></TD>
<TD align=middle>13 (1)</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD>7</TD>
<TD>Marek Niit</TD>
<TD>SO</TD>
<TD>Arkansas</TD>
<TD>21.02</TD>
<TD align=middle></TD>
<TD></TD>
<TD></TD>
<TD></TD>
<TD></TD>
<TD align=middle>3 (2)</TD></TR>
<TR ="#eaeaea">
<TD>8</TD>
<TD>Waymon Storey</TD>
<TD>FR</TD>
<TD>Georgia</TD>
<TD>21.13</TD>
<TD align=middle></TD>
<TD></TD>
<TD></TD></TR></T></T></TABLE>Edited by: white lightning

manor777

Good to see Byram is running consistent. He ran consistent 20.9s last year then busted a 20.4 at NCAAs. Maybe he will do the same thing this year only with consistent 20.7s and and even lower PR? Anyone heard any news on Boase?

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Boase is running.
I saw that he ran recently in NY. The 300 meters. Nothing notable about his time.

manor777

Saw Bryam perform live today at Vtech at the ACC championships. He placed first with a 21.02 and his team mate Mitchell 2nd with a 21.06 for prelims. I get the feeling this is a slow track because everyone ran pretty slow relative to what they are capable of.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Damn!!!
Brandon missed 3rd place at the NCAA 200m championships by 1/100th of a second!
So close - arrgh!!!
Meanwhile Marek Niit took 2nd place.
Congratulations to him!!!
But he was never even mentioned on CBS's telecast.
I really wish Brandon would have gotten 3rd, then whites would have taken 2nd and 3rd.
Damn, damn, damn!

TwentyTwo

Master
Saw that race!!! 200meters my favorite! They represented well...props to both!

Brandon also ran the anchor leg of the 4x100 that WON 1st Place!