Brad Pitt

Bart

Hall of Famer
I just don't get these Hollywood types.They have all the money in the world to waste on BS.

[url]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080918/ap_en_ce/people_brad_pit t[/url]

LOS ANGELES - Brad Pitt has donated $100,000 to fight California's November ballot initiative that would overturn the state Supreme Court decision legalizing same-sex marriage.

It's the first time voters will be asked to decide the issue in either California or Massachusetts â€â€￾ the states where gays have won the right to wed. (snip)

Earlier in the week, Pitt and Angelina Jolie announced they donated $2 million to help fight HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis in Ethiopia.

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
Brad Pitt donating 100k out of his personal fortune to some cause is like me donating ten bucks to the same cause, in proportional terms.

While I'm not one to lambaste anyone for putting their money where their mouth is, it seems a bit sanctimonious for these celebrity types to be donating money to some organization, then announcing their good deed to the world at some press conference. Tooting his own horn, much?

How classy.

I read that Steve McQueen secretly made huge, repeated monetary donations to boy's clubs and orphanages, and it was only publicly revealed after his death.

Brad Pitt, Angeline Jolie, et al just seem insecure and phony when they trot around the world trying to prove (to themselves?) how important and better than the rest of us they are.

PhillyBirds

Mentor
I only buy into a few "celebrity" philanthropists. Warren Buffet for one, Bill Gates for another. I'm not necessarily saying that they're inherently good people, but their philanthropic effort, in monetary terms, is (or is going to be) substantial.

Heck, Warren Buffet isn't leaving much of his money to his kids. A majority of it is going to charity when he dies:

"I want to give my kids just enough so that they would feel that they could do anything, but not so much that they would feel like doing nothing."

Sounds good to me.

Maple Leaf

Mentor
G.Marcon: There is a big difference between Steve McQueen giving money to orphanges and Brad Pitt giving money to hinder democracy because it looks good with the Hollywood Homo gang. I agree. Pitt has without a doubt given at least the same amount of money to Osama's campaign.

Charlie

Guru
Gates is vile. He initiated a tech scholarship fund for non-whites only. He continuosly agitates for H-1B expansion. (And those sucky, sucky ads with Jerry Seinfeld. Yep, that makes me forget how lousy Vista is.)

Buffet complains tax rates are too low for wealthy gizzards like himself. He is free to write a large check to the IRS any time he likes. He must have a very low opinion of his children. 'Oh hell, they'll just shoot the money up their nose. Damn kids. I'll give it to the Booga Booga tribe instead. That'll make the world a better place.'

Buffet's business partner, Charlie Munger, said he had no problem if the Chinese replaced the Mungers.

Dead enders. Utopians. The future isn't about promoting their bloodline further, but rather about ensuring Africans have enough to eat and aren't bitten by mosquitos. No thought as to family dynasties and having a say in what happens in the world.

In contrast Charlie Whitman (Third Avenue Funds) established and maintains a program for young Jews to visit Israel. No charge. Good accomodations.

Is there a young Jew anywhere in the world who can't find a fellow Jew to pay for a college education? To get a reference? To get a line on a good business?

And the Chinese? Yeah, they will definitely replace the Mungers.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Charlie, right on regarding Gates. He's pro-eugenics via his "Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation" funding of "vaccines", his father was state Director of Planned Parenthood in Washington state & Gates pushes for more displacement of American workers via (3rd rate, over-rated) H-1B visa workers. The IT shop I work for employs far too many H-1B, who are largely semi-arrogant with a sense of entitlement. I'm not impressed with their value-add either. They're basically white-collar slave labor imported in thanks to the farce of "free trade". IMO, Gates is B-level Globalist Elite & a total piece of trash!

Regarding Brangelia, they're typical sanctimonious, self-important, overpaid Hollyweird lefties. The adoption of the African kid(s), Jolie's CFR membership, etc. Overexposed & over-rated "sheeple-bait"/fluff/fodder for the lemmings to worship.
smiley11.gif
Edited by: DixieDestroyer

bigunreal

Mentor
Regarding Warren Buffet; recently I read something that reflects his own personal "family values." His daughter evidently had the audacity to ask this cretinous plutocrat, who is worth some 80 billion dollars, if he'd pay to have her kitchen remodeled. Buffet told his daughter to get a home equity loan. Perhaps even more revealing of his "generous" personality was his refusal to help his granddaughter foot her college bills. He told her to get a student loan.

Charity begins at home. How his family must hate him. Every time I hear about the sinful amount of wealth a Buffet, or a Gates, or a Sam Walton has, my belief in Huey Long's "share the wealth" program grows a little stronger.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
BUR, Buffet is so full of himself it's unbelievable. He's a pure New World Order B-leaguer who like to masquerade as a quasi-"simple" kind of guy. Like Gates, Rupert "Moloch", George "Sorryos", Buffet is a hardcore Globalist scumbag!
smiley7.gif

Bart

Hall of Famer
bigunreal said:
Regarding Warren Buffet; recently I read something that reflects his own personal "family values." His daughter evidently had the audacity to ask this cretinous plutocrat, who is worth some 80 billion dollars, if he'd pay to have her kitchen remodeled. Buffet told his daughter to get a home equity loan. Perhaps even more revealing of his "generous" personality was his refusal to help his granddaughter foot her college bills. He told her to get a student loan.

Charity begins at home. How his family must hate him. .

Yes sir.He makes sure his family learns thehard lessons of life.Keep your nose to the grindstone, be responsible, always pay your own way, andnever,ever expect a helping hand.Mr. Money Bagswould rather give hisBILLIONS to the more deserving.

http://news.mongabay.com/2006/0625-buffett.html

In an interview with Fortune magazine, Berkshire Hathaway Chairman Warren Buffett announced he will give nearly $31 billion -- most of his wealth -- to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.

The decision comes shortly after Mr. Gates said he would leave Microsoft to work full time with his philanthropic organization, which is dedicated to bringing innovation to global health and education.

The Gates Foundation is particularly active in Africa where it is involved in funding research on malaria, AIDS, and other diseases.
Edited by: Bart

Charlie

Guru
Oh come on. Buffet came up hard. Father was a mere U.S. Congressman. Warren had to attend Columbia for his MBA. Forced to study under the obscure Ben Graham.

Buffet is not unlike Donald Trump, the gentile face of a largely Jewish industry. The top 20 developers/building owners in NYC are Jewish, except for Trump. Nationally an estimated 40% of commercial property measured by dollar value is Jewish-owned.

Investment finance is less Jewish dominated than commercial real estate, but it is still heavily Jewish. Buffet has the added value of being perceived as a hayseed. Modest house in Omaha, drinks Cherry Coke, has notoriously bad B.O. 'If he can be a great investor then so can I by golly.' Anything to keep bringing suckers into the market.

Edited by: Charlie

white is right

Hall of Famer
Had me fooled I thought he was a former poor kid who made good. I think Scrooge Mcduck was patterned after Warren.......
smiley36.gif

I have this theory about Bill Gates. During the Clinton years, Microsoft was being investigated for many business violations. The gov never proved anything.
I believe that little Billy Gates was so angered by this, that like a villian in a comic book, he slammed his fist on the desk and vowed to destroy America. Hence the increase in H1bs, the donations to Africa, ect.

Charlie

Guru
Gates' liberalism is an attempt to curry favor with opinion makers and the leftist DOJ. Note the recent mosaic type Microsoft ad and how it skews to non-whites and left of center Americans. Also note how there has been no further efforts to prosecute the anti-trust case against Microsoft.

Oracle doesn't have to play the same game even though Oracle is highly prominent in enterprise software. Ellison, being Jewish, is safe from criticism and anti-trust enforcement. It also helps that Oracle's chief competition comes from Germany's SAP.

davidholly

Mentor
I always found the Pitt-Jolie marriage to be insufferable, apparently they did too.