Boston Africans vs Euro Lakers

Some calls aren't being made by the officials but it is mostly the Celtics just taking it to the Lakers. Game 2 player of the games was Celtics reserve Leon Powe who had something like 18 points off the bench. If the Celtics continue to paly like this, the Lakers may not win a game. Kobe is not looking too good. Gasol as hard as he is trying really needs some help out there.

GWTJ

Mentor
The Celtics have been the best team all year, it's no surprise to me that they're winning. The Lakers are not used to such good defense and having their shots challenged so well.

The Celtics look like a very hungry team that has more stars and a better bench. We'll see how things go in L.A. but the Celtics look good enough to win at least one game there.

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
would it be safe to assume that the white guys on the Lakers will shoulder a lot of the blame in the event of a Celtics championship, and rather less of the credit in the event of a Lakers' title?

Bart

Hall of Famer
GiovaniMarcon said:
would it be safe to assume that the white guys on the Lakers will shoulder a lot of the blame in the event of a Celtics championship, and rather less of the credit in the event of a Lakers' title?

True. A twofer.A Boston win means they can finally talk less about Bird's teams, and whiteswill get blamed for the L.A.'s loss. Sweet.

So far, Kobe has shot only 20-49 from the field - NOT GOOD. Pau Gasol has knocked down 14-23. -VERY GOOD. Perhaps Kobe should take fewer shots and look for Gasol to get more opportunities.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Anyone catch Bill Walton sticking up for Larry Bird today on ESPN? He went to bat for Larry calling out the announcers for claiming Paul Pierce is on an equal level as Larry. He said that Bird has established himself as one of the top 7 basketball players of all time. I had to recap to make sure Walton actually said something smart.

Bart

Hall of Famer
celticdb15 said:
Anyone catch Bill Walton sticking up for Larry Bird today on ESPN? He went to bat for Larry calling out the announcers for claiming Paul Pierce is on an equal level as Larry.

Paul Pierce and Larry Bird should not be mentioned in the same breath. Unbelievable!

G

GiovaniMarcon said:
would it be safe to assume that the white guys on the Lakers will shoulder a lot of the blame in the event of a Celtics championship

They already are taking most of the blame.

G

GWTJ said:
The Celtics have been the best team all year, it's no surprise to me that they're winning. The Lakers are not used to such good defense and having their shots challenged so well.

The Celtics look like a very hungry team that has more stars and a better bench. We'll see how things go in L.A. but the Celtics look good enough to win at least one game there.

Agreed. I also think the Celts'll steal one at the Staples Center.. especially if the Lakers continue to utilize this unique, impenetrable, one-of-a-kind defense.

2e5um1y.jpg

They turned Leon Powe into a first ballot Hall-of-Famer.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Expect Mr Softee lines against the Euro players. It's been that way since the Euro's came over. Who can forget the crap Dino Radja put up with in the "Gahden". The Roxbury Africans are distributing the ball better. Somebody but Othello (Kobe Bryant) needs to score consistently for the Lakers to win.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Maximus said:
GWTJ said:
The Celtics have been the best team all year, it's no surprise to me that they're winning. The Lakers are not used to such good defense and having their shots challenged so well. The Celtics look like a very hungry team that has more stars and a better bench. We'll see how things go in L.A. but the Celtics look good enough to win at least one game there.

Agreed. I also think the Celts'll steal one at the Staples Center.. especially if the Lakers continue to utilize this unique, impenetrable, one-of-a-kind defense.

2e5um1y.jpg

They turned Leon Powe into a first ballot Hall-of-Famer.
Hey Minimus your back and trolling again, why don't you spout off your Asafa Powell is clean theories because he is black at the track board.....
smiley36.gif

Bart

Hall of Famer
The clip provided by Minimus exemplifies the current state of affirs in the NBA. Brent Barry was hammered in a crucial situation the other day and NONE of the officals had the will to blow the whistle. EVERYONE knows if Barry had nailed a black player in that situation, the sound of whistles would have been deafening.
smiley7.gif

On the other hand whites knowthey hadbetter becareful while playing defense, as they often foul out early due to incidentalcontact orphantom calls. Judging by the HUGE disparity in the number of penalties called against the Lakers as opposed to Boston, it stands to reason whites back off and play SOFT at times to keep from fouling out and exiting the game early.

G

The refs seem to have decided that Radmanovic is the white player who will not be allowed to play defense.

G

Kobe diplayed the reason he is the MVP tonight. But he got a huge helping hand by Sasha. Now if Odem and Pau can just be more consistent then the Euro Lakers have a chance against the Boston Negros. Go LAKERS!

Angelcynn

Guru
Also Bart take into account that the vast majority of fouls committed by the Celtics are on Kobe because he cry's whenever he gets touched. I remember in game one when either Vujacic or Radmanovic clearly didn't touch and man and blocked the shot but a foul was given, it was such an awful decision but no one reacted to it.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Angelcynn i saw that. It was Vujacic.

G

The Boston Africans are the 2008 NBA champions.

Unfortunately for the Lakers, the MVP choked at the worst possible time.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
This was probably supposed to be a 7-game series, a classic for the ages, until Donaghy came out with his revelations of corruption and game-fixing. Now they figure they have to cut the series off in five and shut down one of their star players to make it seem real.

On the other hand, what's to say the Lakers won't come from behind and win the next three games to steal the series in one for the record books?

Great theater, I say.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I always thought games were fixed in the NBA the 2002 series with the Lakers had such bs calls against the Kings it wasn't funny. Or Dwayne Wade flopping like a fish...
smiley11.gif
It looks like the Roxbury Moolies will close this out at the Fleet Center.Edited by: white is right

guest301

Hall of Famer
Gasol will get all the blame. It's already starting. I do think Gasol should be more aggressive and drive to the hole and dunk and/or draw the foul more. He has the skill set but not always the mind set. Too unselfish, typical white athlete.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Bryant is supposedly unstoppable, and the best player in the NBA. He has had only one game in which his shooting percentage was over 50% and not surprisingly the Lakers won. The last game he was only 6-19 and the first he wasa pathetic 9-26.No need to blame the supporting cast when Mr.Mega Super Star stinks up thecourt.

G

He was also easily stopped by the Pistons in 04.

He's a great player, but not nearly the force he is made out to be. Neither is James or Wade. All of them great, none of them a force.

O'Neal was a force. Duncan is a force. Nowitzki is a force when he shows up.

guest301

Hall of Famer
GiovaniMarcon said:
Why should Gasol be blamed? Were in not for him coming around a few months ago, the Lakers would already be on vacation right now.

You know the mentality, what have you done for me lately?

G

The Euro Lakers live to play another game. It was a somewhat ugly game, with the Lakers just having enough to win at the end. That after being up by 19 pts in the first quater.

Gasol had a big game, 19 hard fought points as well as 10 rebounds. But it took Kobe last minute steal to seal the game. Gasal and Odom are the keys for another win in Boston. We'll see. Sash also needs to find his stroke.

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
If the Lakers have to struggle this hard to eek one out on their home floor then I wonder how difficult it will be for them to steal two more in Boston, especially with all the phantom fouls that are sure to occur.