Boss full of crap

Troy_Bruno

Dude, what do you do with a an old timer who knows only 70s boxing and he's kinda "frozen in time" so to speak, so he thinks black guys make all the best boxers, and have all the right advantages?

He's got Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Matthew Sod or something llike that--he's always talking up these names, how great they were. Holmes too.

It's my boss. I gotta put up with it. And it really sucks cuz he's otherwise a helluva nice guy. Whenever I"m around him, I just try to keep off the subject of fighting or boxing and everything's cool. But it goes beyond that. It's not enough anymore to do just that. Now that I found this site, I know he's full of crap.

jcolec02

Mentor
Show him Klitschko clips on youtube!!!
smiley20.gif

dkr77

Guru
Explain to him how track, NFL, skating etc. records are constantly being broken by today's athlete and why would he think differently of boxing?

Marciano was the premiere Heavyweight during his era 1950's. But Rocky fought at about 185 lbs. Rocky was a great fighter but he wouldn't be able to compete today with a solid athletic 250 Klitschko. Rocky just simply wasn't big enough. Same goes for Ali, Frazier maybe with the exception of Foreman. Now put Marciano in a ring with Roy Jone Jr. at 175-185 and watch him kick Jone's a$$ all over the place.

Also, explain to him that boxing isn't REAL fighting. Today's UFC (MMA) is as close as you can come to real fighting and there has never been a boxer that has even held a major MMA title. And remember the UFC did $225 million dollars worth of PPV in 2006. Boxing did about $190 million and had it's most successful year of all time. So the old excuse that there's no money in MMA is bulls#@t.

Troy_Bruno

Believe me, if the guy didn't pay me like 4 or 5 bucks more than I could get elsewhere bouncing, I'd be gone. The poor old grit, he's as white as me, but all he remembers is black boxing, especially in the 1970s, which is the last time he had his eyes open on the world or something.

I would love to tell him what you guys said, but then I would have to get into the area of boxing with him, and man oh man do I ever hate opening up that can of worms with him. All he talks about is how they have coconut heads, how they're arms are longer, legs are faster, skin is more resistant to cutting, noses are flatter so they don't break as easy, etc. The old A-hole has fed me every one of those loads of crap in the past 2 years at one time or another, as he's regailing me about Ali shuffle and Smokin' Joe. Like those are his gods or something. But he pays me 20 bucks to bounce his place. 20 bucks. For standing around, drinking beer, talking to chicks, shooting the sh*t, you can't beat it.

But it gets worse, I'll tell ya. I don't wanna tell ya what I gotta tell ya, but it gets worse.

Besides Klitchko brothers, who else could I give him a tape of so he could watch? I don't even think he has a DVD player, but hell, I'll friggin buy him one.

Bunnyman

Guru
Show him Joe Calzaghe v. Jeff Lacy, Oleg Maskaev v. Hasim Rahman and Nicolay Valuev v. Monte Barrett for a start.

Ricky Hatton, Mikkel Kessler and Kelly Pavlik kick some ass as well.

Tell your boss whites own 13 of the 20 belts from middleweight to heavyweight. Tell him to watch HBO on Saturday night (3/10) to see Wladimir Klitschko v. Ray Austin to test whose racial theory is correct.

Troy_Bruno

Good advice.

I'll try bringing this old geezer around to the 21st century.

I'm tired of him embarrassing me. He won't let me do my job.

Bunnyman said:
Show him Joe Calzaghe v. Jeff Lacy, Oleg Maskaev v. Hasim Rahman and Nicolay Valuev v. Monte Barrett for a start.

Ricky Hatton, Mikkel Kessler and Kelly Pavlik kick some ass as well.

Tell your boss whites own 13 of the 20 belts from middleweight to heavyweight. Tell him to watch HBO on Saturday night (3/10) to see Wladimir Klitschko v. Ray Austin to test whose racial theory is correct.

freedom1

Mentor
You know, speaking of the coconut heads. I talked to an old guy years ago who had spent part of his life working railroad security, dealing with vagrants and such. He told me that it was common knowledge amongst the guards to use their nightsticks to whack the blacks on the lower legs. He said it was a weak point on them and that they'd fall apart right away. I don't know how true this is. It's just an anecdotal story I thought you guys might find interesting.