Boise state

Kaptain

Master
Zabransky really did a number to the WAC by single-handedly losing the game with Georgia with 6 turnovers in the first half. Now they will go back to being considered a much lesser conference. Anything any team in the WAC does will be dismissed. It doesn't look good for Boise this year as Helmandollar is still mysteriously missing for personal reasons and the new recruits to me look much darker. What possesses a successful white team to turn to black recruits? I've seen it recently with with many time-honored winning teams in football and basketball.

At the beginning of last year Jeff Carpenter was slated as the main RB entering the season with a 7.6 YPC average and Helmandollar was to be the future savior RB of the program, but as the season went on scat-back Lee Marks took more and more of the carries. Now Lee Marks is an early Doak Walker candidate. Ian Johnson is supposedly the highly touted new freshman running back, but he looked unimpressive in the game against Georgia. He may be white but he didn't appear to have much power or speed.

Could it be that Helmandollar was asked to play a back-up roll and left the team in disgust? I would love to find out. He is the only Boise RB that has Luke Staley potential. Hey!maybe that's why he quit - he didn't want waste his college years becoming the toprunning back in the nation only to work in a mall after his career was over.
smiley17.gif
smiley5.gif
smiley11.gif

Kaptain

Master
I just looked. Ian Johnson, the highly touted freshman RB, is in fact not white. He looks like an African/Asian mix (tiger woods special). That explains his being highly touted.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting how there is virtually no coverage of Helmandollar's disappearance, even in Idaho. If only it had been a black running back who had scored 12 TDs as a freshman. . .

Here's an article on Ian Johnson accompanied by a photograph:

[url]http://www.idahostatesman.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/200 50819/NEWS0301/508190362/1037/NEWS03 [/url]

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Helmandollar was a star already in limited action.I was really excited to see how he would do when he became the starter.Some people thought he could be as good as Forsey and maybe even better.What a shame.Hopefully,what ever happened gets taken care of and he returns to football at least by next season.Ian Johnson is 100% not white and boy is he ugly.lol.Come on Boise State,bounce back next week.

Kaptain

Master
Don, don't be hate-in whity. Helmandollar had 14 TD's as a freshman not 12. And a 5 yard average even though he was almost exclusively used as a short-yardage back - only 46 carries.