Blake Griffin

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
griffin.jpg

Thought he was worthy of a thread. I know he is mixed (mother white, father black I think), but he is a beast and definitely a player I root for. Does anyone know for sure his racial breakdown? Kinda looks like the Lopez brothers who are also mixed. On another similar note, he also plays on the same team as his brother, senior Taylor.

Blake's stats through 3 games are 23 PPG and 19.3 RPG! He will most likely be a first team all american and could be the top pick if he chooses to enter the draft.

Gotta pull for guys who are half white too, even if they aren't viewed as such by the media.

I'd wondered about Blake ... Having seen his parents on the tube from the Davidson game, let's just say, wow, his mom has surprisingly strong genes for him to come out that light.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I think the Lopez brothers are 1/4 black, I recently checked. They might have some Indigenous Cuban Indian blood in them too. Sometimes I consider Hispanics that are mostly white as white for athletic purposes, especially if they are not black because then they aren't helped by the caste system!

Ethnicities like Brazillians have really "become their own races" because of the mixing. Most Brazillians are a mix of Indiginious, black and Portugesse blood, although there is great variation and some are all white, all Indiginous etc. For some reason I would be more likely to consider a Hispanic or Brazillian who is 1/4 black white for my data keeping than an American who is 1/4 black.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I don't think a half black player has to battle the caste system though. I sometimes root for them a little more, but am not really sure why because they still get the black priveledge. I always liked Mike Bibby and Doug Christie on the Sacremento Kings of old! But speaking of Blake he is a very talented player!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Freethinker,

you've actually posted a picture of blake's brother taylor. and they say blacks don't look alike!
smiley36.gif
smiley2.gif

if you ever watch an Oklahoma game, you can't help but see the interracial parenting couple of the griffin brothers. ESPN in particular has a love affair with displaying masoginistic pairings. the griffin dad is black as an ace of spades, while white momma is scary looking but white as Conan O'Brien.

i don't know anything about the Lopez brothers' ancestry.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Hahaha, I see that I did post a picture of Taylor. Thanks for the info guys.