Black Quarterback Club?

remark22

Did anyone hear about this so called "Black Quarterback Club" that McNair and Vince Young founded? I only caught wind of this, I don't have access to a lot of media. Anyway, I'm sure this club is being hailed by the media. Imagine their reaction if Weddle and Fox created a "White Cornerbacks Club." Or if Leonard created a "White Running Back Club."
On a totally unrelated topic, now that the Steelers signed Kevin Barlow, who averaged a stellar 2.8 yards per carry with the Jets, John Kuhn has been moved to fullback. He wasn't even given a chance, a true Caste victim. At least he wasn't cut though..............

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I haven't heard of this club. Wouldn't surprise me though. Source?

Wasn't John Kuhn already a fullback?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Kuhn got a few carries at the end of blowouts last year, leading Cris Collinsworth
smiley8.gif
to proclaim after a Kuhn carry, "They're using everyone tonight."

Kuhn is currently the fifth string tailback behind Willie Parker, Barlow, Najeh "The Pooper" Davenport and Verron Haynes, and the backup fullback behind Dan Kreider. But the fullback's blocking role is supposedly going to be reduced in the Steelers' new offense this season so it doesn't look good at all for Kuhn.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Oy vey! I was thinking of Kreider when you said Kuhn, remark22. Thanks for setting me straight, guys.

As far as the 'Black Quarterback Club,' ain't that some sh*t? They won't be happy til they're aren't any white quarterbacks left, either.

Lance Alworth

Mentor
Other than McNabb, Moon, and Steve McNair for a few years, I cant think of any good black QB's. I hope this black QB experiment ends soon because guys like Vick, Leftwich, and Culpepper are only taking roster spots away from more talent white quarterbacks

It's true, there's hardly been any success for black quarterbacks, yet there's more and more opportunities for them each year. That makes sense? McNair was actually my favorite player in his prime, but now he's a washed up bum with nothing left in the tank, yet he's still praised as Baltimore's savior. (maybe it had something to do with defense? Just a thought.) Boller struggled at times, but had flashes of brilliance, and it's a shame they quit on him just as he was starting to grow into his potential. Mike Vick, on the other hand,is given till his retirement to develop into his 'potential.' (i.e. being able to complete 3 consecutive passes). I can already see that this black running...I mean quarterback club has several corporate sponsors. If there were a white runningbacks and/or receiver club, no companies would support it, and its members would be shunned from the league. I just love double standards.
smiley7.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
at least most of the comments laughed it all off and basically told the article writer to quit this PC bullsh*t and focus on school.
smiley36.gif