Black QB’s and sustained drives

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
ToughJ.Riggins said:
McNair in his prime scrambled better than Kreig and almost won the Super-Bowl GWTJ, if not for a goal-line tackle.

Don't want to bust on you, Riggins, but that's a myth. This has been repeated so often in watering holes and break rooms every time McNair's name is mentioned that people think it's true. That touchdown would have tied the game, not win it.

The final score for Super Bowl XXXIV: Rams 23, Titans 16. Edited by: White Shogun

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
dwid said:
why do black qb's tend to have accuracy issues and why do alot of black wr's do not possess the hand eye coordination to catch consistently?

It's a racial trait, one that few DWFs recognize despite how obvious it is.Black QBsare weaker than white oneswhen it comes to throwing accuracy because of their poor hand-eye coordination. That's why there's so few good pitchers in baseball, and why on average white basketball players are more accurate shooters than blacks ones. It also explains why there are so few good black golfers, or top-quality blacks at any sport or position in a sport that places a premium on hand-eye coordination.

Warren Moon is still the only black QB who could make all the throws like good white QBs can, with the same type of touch and accuracy.

foreverfree

Mentor
White Shogun said:
ToughJ.Riggins said:
McNair in his prime scrambled better than Kreig and almost won the Super-Bowl GWTJ, if not for a goal-line tackle.

Don't want to bust on you, Riggins, but that's a myth. This has been repeated so often in watering holes and break rooms every time McNair's name is mentioned that people think it's true. That touchdown would have tied the game, not win it.

Unless TEN went for two and was successful. Didn't Denver do something similar in quite the same situation a few weeks ago (go for 2 and connect to win in regulation at the end rather than kick and worry about OT)?

John

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Either way, the myth is still being perpetrated that the TD would have won the game, and it's given McNair some kind of mystical aura for 'almost' having won a Super Bowl.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think a team has ever gone for two in a playoff game in that type of situation. It's pretty rare in a regular season game and is usually attempted by teams that are out of the playoff race.

Bart

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
Either way, the myth is still being perpetrated that the TD would have won the game, and it's given McNair some kind of mystical aura for 'almost' having won a Super Bowl.

I remembersomething was said about that in the movie "Castaway."Tom Hanks was told that while he was away,either Tennessee or McNairhad been stoppedtwo feetshort from winning the Super Bowl. Something to that efect.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I've never seen a quarterback get more mileage out of 'almost' doing something than Steve McNair for losing the Super Bowl.

Don Wassall said:
I don't think a team has ever gone for two in a playoff game in that type of situation.  It's pretty rare in a regular season game and is usually attempted by teams that are out of the playoff race. 

NFL coaches are afraid of being second-guessed or doing something unusual. I recall a Raiders-Chiefs game in 1971. The Raiders were behind 20-17 with a minute to play and had the ball 4th down and a foot to go for a go-ahead TD. Oakland coach John Madden sent in George Blanda who kicked a tying 8 yd FG (the goal posts were on the goal line then), settling for a tie instead of a possible winning touchdown. After the game, Chiefs coach Hank Stram said, "I would have done the same thing with Blanda kicking." I just checked pro football reference to be sure I remembered the details.

I believe Jeff Fisher said after the game that he would have kicked the extra point and gone to overtime.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Bart said:
White Shogun said:

I remembersomething was said about that in the movie "Castaway."Tom Hanks was told that while he was away,either Tennessee or McNairhad been stoppedtwo feetshort from winning the Super Bowl. Something to that efect.

The quote from Castaway was "They went to the Super Bowl last year! They almost won by one yard! One lousy yard!"<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
Bart said:
White Shogun said:

I remember something was said about that in the movie "Castaway."  Tom Hanks was told that while he was away, either Tennessee or McNair had been stopped two feet short  from winning the Super Bowl.  Something to that efect.

Oh I had forgotten that the Titans lost by a full 7 points. My bad. It is true that McNair got more praise for "almost" winning the super bowl than a white losing would have. That is typical in Affirmative Action America. But my point was that I still think McNair in his prime was a pretty good QB, certainly more than a mere mediocre game manager.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

Andrew Lynch

Well if Tennessee gets to the super bowl this year, maybe Kerry Collins will get "injured". Then Vince Young can throw 3 or 4 picks and almost win a super bowl!

As far as Black QB's go, the only two who I've ever been impressed by are McNabb and Warren Moon back in the day. McNair was over-rated, and Garrard hasn't done anything special. As far as "Great Black Hopes" go, the only one who I think has a chance to do anything would be Jason Campbell. He doesn't make that many mistakes and has a pretty good arm.