Black Mayoral Candidate Wants Noose

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
<H1 itxtvisited="1">Mayoral Candidate Stirs Up Racial Controversy</H1>
<H2 itxtvisited="1">George Lambus Calls City Leaders 'Incompetent Negro Democrats'</H2>
<DIV ="p12" itxtvisited="1">
<DIV ="WCCol w300 fR clrR" itxtvisited="1">
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0 itxtvisited="1"><T itxtvisited="1"><T><T>
<T>
<TR itxtvisited="1">
<TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 20px" itxtvisited="1">
18815570_200X150.jpg
</TD>
<TD width="100%" itxtvisited="1"></TD></TR></T></T></T></T></TABLE>
<DIV style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 20px" itxtvisited="1" pcid="0">JACKSON, Miss. - A campaign flier for a candidate for Jackson mayor called some city leaders "incompetent negro Democrats" on Friday.
<DIV style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 20px" itxtvisited="1" pcid="0">Republican candidate George Lambus also suggested the best way to fight crime in the city is "with a noose and stout tree limb."
<DIV ="mR165" itxtvisited="1">
Lambus is a black Republican. The statement on his flier reads as follows: "Incompetent negro Democrats at City Hall, negroes without civic pride, negro criminals and corrupt negro police officers have just about driven this city into the ground. Any negro Democrat running for mayor who tells you that he or she can reduce crime and bring jobs to Jackson is a damn lie. They only want to be mayor for the salary. Job creation is contingent upon the economy improving, and crime can only be alleviated by a noose and a stout tree limb. I will provide the noose, and when the economy improves, I will get the jobs here."
Lambus said he is canvassing mostly white neighborhoods with the flier.
"The situation is bad now, but it's going to get worse," Lambus said. "We have a whole generation of blacks that will soon be negroes because they aren't going to have an education or be able to marry."
Lambus said that, as mayor, he would hang criminals and encourage vigilantism to combat crime. But Lambus referring to blacks as "negroes" is also causing controversy.
"There is a difference between a black and a negro," he said. "I don't want to elaborate on it."
Reporters with 16 WAPT pressed Lambus, and he said that blacks have pride in their ancestry while negroes feel abused by circumstances.
"I hit maybe the first sentence and thought, 'Oh my God,'" said Jackson resident Ashura Hoskins.
Hoskins said she found the flier tucked in the front door of her west Jackson home.
"It's absolutely scary," she said. "I don't think anybody with that type of temperament should be near any public office or position of authority."
When reporters showed Carlos Adams the flier, he said he wasn't offended.
"Well, in a way, I think he pretty much says what it is: the crime is going up," Adams said.
Adams said if a white candidate had put out the flier he still wouldn't be offended.
"But I bet other people would," he said.
Lambus admitted that he gets a lot of doors slammed in his face and people walk out in anger when he speaks at events.
"All those black people who are offended by that, they can't sit on their porches at night," he said.
But Lambus said that, as mayor, his plans would make the streets safer and bring positive change to Jackson.
Reporters with 16 WAPT called Mayor Frank Melton's office as well as police Chief Malcolm McMillin's office and read them the contents of Lambus's campaign flier.
In response, both offices said it didn't deserve a comment.
Lambus has never held a public office. According to background information he provided, he ran for the Mississippi Senate as a Democrat in 1983 and is the founder of the Jackson Vigilance Committee. Lambus said he is a graduate student at Jackson State University studying criminology.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29439193/Edited by: Colonel_Reb

white is right

Hall of Famer
Hey if that guy came up to me. I would wonder where the hidden camera was.......
smiley36.gif
smiley2.gif

j41181

Master
How typical, blacks have onion skin when they hear the "N" word. When did they ever become untouchable?