Black Invention myths

Bear-Arms

Mentor
I would like to add an invention to the list: the ice cream scooper

http://www33.brinkster.com/iiiii/inventions/

William Clewell invented it in 1878. I haven't had time to check to see if Clewell is white, but since he wasn't mentioned by the UNCF, I'm guessing he's white.
Source

Note: I have no idea why bothered to google this because I really don't care.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Yes Bear Arms I have heard all of the black invention myths. The television, telephone, even the lightbulb. Yes the lightbulb. Supposedly some black invented it and Edison stole it since blacks didnt have rights to patents then. LOL. Funny all these inventions yet they can't even build a well in Africa to irrigate crops.

Tom Iron

Mentor
Gentlemen,

Booker T. Washington was the best black man this country ever produced. Born a slave, he worked in mines and knew the benfit of hard work coupled with study.

He was not an inventor and never claimed to be. However,
he was a fine man, no matter his color.

There are such Black men, but for the most part, black men aren't too good. Too bad.

Tom Iron...

fjsdlra

I remember hearing on ad for the UNCF that the lawn mower came from an african american mind.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Bear-Arms said:
I would like to add an invention to the list: the ice cream scooper

http://www33.brinkster.com/iiiii/inventions/

William Clewell invented it in 1878. I haven't had time to check to see if Clewell is white, but since he wasn't mentioned by the UNCF, I'm guessing he's white.
Source

I'm glad I don't eat ice cream anymore!
smiley36.gif

Bear-Arms

Mentor
fjsdlra said:
I remember hearing on ad for the UNCF that the lawn mower came from an african american mind.

Those ads are misleading. An african american did do something to improve the lawnmower but it wasn't invented by them. Revisionist history at its finest.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Some of you might get a kick out of this youtube spoof mockumentary about the"long forgotten" black NASSA. I will warn you that includes a profanity laced "letter" around the middle of the clip.

The Old Negro Space Program-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6xJzAYYrX8Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Menelik

Mentor
Was it around 56 or 57...
smiley36.gif

Hockaday

Guru
Thanks, Col Reb. I've been wanting to watch this one for a long time, finally went DSL so I could download. Great spoof of Ken Burns and revisionism.

Tom Iron said:
Gentlemen,

Booker T. Washington was the best black man this country ever produced. Born a slave, he worked in mines and knew the benfit of hard work coupled with study.

He was not an inventor and never claimed to be. However,
he was a fine man, no matter his color.

There are such Black men, but for the most part, black men aren't too good. Too bad.

Tom Iron...

In Booker T. Washington's time there was no such thing as jewish authored "civil rights" and the laws of the land were enforced with a rope. As a result, the negro had to work or starve and their natural inclination toward criminality was checked by immediate and obvious consequences. Thus, the well-behaved negro of that era.

I'm not saying there are no good blacks today, but all the worst aspects of the negro race have been encouraged by the jew and we can see the results in any inner city.

Tom Iron

Mentor
Run Stuffing LB,

I agree. Many of the people behind the NAACP were Jewish. Washington had a big problem with them and their front man, W.E.B. DuBoise. He didn't like what they were doing, which was putting the cart before the horse. Washington believed that poitical clout came from economic clout, not the other way round, and he was right. DuBoise and the Jews wanted to go the way of agitation rather than the slow but steady way that Washington preferred (through hard work). Too bad the Jews and blacks like DuBoise won out.

Tom Iron...