Black college football

Bear-Arms

Mentor
I thought all video games offered this experience?

(Not sure if this has been posted before.)
----

Video game offers black experience
Fuquay-Varina's Donal Ware is the new John Madden -- virtually.

The WAUG general manager and N.C. Central football broadcaster is the host and color commentator for Nerjyzed Entertainment's new video game, "BCFX" (Black College Football Experience), which will be released later this fall.

Like the long-popular EA Sports "Madden" series, in which the Hall of Fame former coach-turned- broadcaster is the namesake and talks throughout the game, "BCFX" will depend on expert commentary as part of its formula. And it also will include much of the pageantry and music that makes black college football unique.

"We're going to immerse the user in things that make black college football different," said Brian Jackson, the game's creative designer and a Howard alumnus. "The halftime show, the fifth quarter. You'll actually hear music throughout the game. The music is what makes the crowd hyped. ...

"We're not just talking about football, we're talking about the football experience. The bands, the dancing girls, the drum majors."

Ware, a former sports information director at Shaw and N.C. A&T and an assistant at N.C. State, said he heard rumors about the game's development two years ago and approached the African-American owned Nerjyzed Entertainment because he felt he could add something to the project.

"By having a knowledge of black college football, I knew all the teams, I knew the history, so I was able to add my own stuff to it. They let me be creative with my color commentary," said Ware, who is an alumnus of Morgan State and also owns a Web site dedicated to sports at historically black colleges and universities.

Jackson is adamant that "BCFX" is not a "Madden" or "NCAA Football" title under a different name.

When playing "BCFX," users control not only game play but also the bands, the dancers as well as other aspects of the black college football experience.

"The game isn't just for the black community," said Jackson, who is touring HBCUs to build popularity for the game. "It's to introduce people to what really happens at a black college football game. The people who are used to it, they'll latch on right away."

Jackson said all CIAA, SWAC and SIAC teams already are in the game, and he's hoping to get every MEAC and independent school on board in the next two weeks, in time for the game's Nov. 23 release date.

Nerjyzed Entertainment also recorded each school's band to accurately get the sound and movement. Each school's stadium also was recorded.

So when a user in New York plays with N.C. Central, the user will hear the Eagles' band, be able to call authentic plays and compete at O'Kelly-Riddick Stadium.

It's a virtual world fans of black college football have seldom experienced.

St. Augustine's freshman quarterback Kevin Williams, who plays football video games frequently, said playing a game with his likeness on it will be surreal.

"It will feel funny," Williams said. "You see all the big schools on the video games. It'll be unique to play a video game featuring black colleges."

ShowSomePride

Is this for real?
smiley5.gif

*EDIT*

Oh, the link was at the top not the bottom.

I guess it is for real.

Unbelievable.Edited by: ShowSomePride

Bear-Arms

Mentor
Yeah. I read it yesterday in the Chicago Tribune.

Link

Bear-Arms said:
And it also will include much of the pageantry and music that makes black college football unique.

Lord, I thank you. You have just sent me limitless material for a barrage of jokes and mockery. Let the wisecracks begin...
smiley36.gif

"The pageantry and music that makes black college football unique" huh? lol.

I'm assuming that this would mean that we get to see grossly obese sistas in cheerleading uniforms "booty-shakin' they ass" all over the field. Nothing says "black college football" like 300 lb. mammys doing the "rump shaker" to the marching band's version of Juvenile's "Mama Got Ass".
smiley36.gif

As a matter of fact, here is Shammeka now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=192zVPN4Ns4Edited by: Ground Fighter

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Bear-Arms said:
"It will feel funny," Williams said. "You see all the big schools on the video games. It'll be unique to play a video game featuring black colleges."

Real unique, current video games: nearly all black players, new video games-all black players. Who kicks for those black colleges? Or do they just go for it on every 4th down?

Lance Alworth

Mentor
jaxvid said:
Bear-Arms said:

Real unique, current video games: nearly all black players, new video games-all black players. Who kicks for those black colleges? Or do they just go for it on every 4th down?

I think most of those black colleges have a few token whites here and there. I remember FAMU had a white QB a little while back, and i seem to remember a lot of the kickers being white as well

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I'd like to play it, and use all white players to dominate the league with. I think Jimmy Chitwood does something similar to that with one of the existing football video games.