Bill Simmons article

nhl411

Guru
messed up

look at this pathetic piece on how whites can't play center in the nba.

heres the comment i left him:

Hey Bill,

Why is it that you love to disparage white players in your articles so much? I first noticed it when after the Pats beat the Chargers you questioned which slow white guy (vrabel, bruschi or izzo) was going to beat LT to the corner. Sorry but I didn't know that the patriot's black outside linebackers were in no way responsible for stopping a runner from turning the corner. Now in this latest piece of work, you decide to disparage all white centers. What exactly is wrong with Chris Kaman (who numerous announcers have said would be a star on most teams), Mehmet Okur, Andrew Bogut or Andris Biedrins (who anyone with eyes can see is a great athlete)? You also decide that just because Spencer Hawes is white he isn't deserving of being a top 5 pick? Are you serious? Talk about a double standard, imagine what would happen if you said Jamarcus Russell shouldn't go number one overall because he's black. Racism and stereotyping are bad Bill, no matter who you are being racist or stereotyping against.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Way to give it back to him, nhl411.
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

nhl411

Guru
thanks guest, i actually got a real nice feeling out of it..made me feel like i was tryin to do somethin

guest301

Hall of Famer
nhl411 said:
thanks guest, i actually got a real nice feeling out of it..made me feel like i was tryin to do somethin
I hear you, nhl411. I try to make a difference too when ever I am discussing sports with a group of guys. Sometimes whenver you bring up the topic race in sports,people can sometimes make some invalid assumptions about you. I have opened up some eyes with some people about the caste system and I think a few others could care less. I tried to get a pastor friend of mine up near Buffalo to look at this site one day after we were discussing the Buffallo Bills four starting white defensive lineman and how rare that was. he looked at this site for about 13 seconds and said it was racist. What can you do? He's a good man and a good friend but clueless about the caste system. Just keep trying...all you can do..

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
nhl411 said:
messed up

look at this pathetic piece on how whites can't play center in the nba.

heres the comment i left him:

Hey Bill,

Why is it that you love to disparage white players in your articles so much? I first noticed it when after the Pats beat the Chargers you questioned which slow white guy (vrabel, bruschi or izzo) was going to beat LT to the corner. Sorry but I didn't know that the patriot's black outside linebackers were in no way responsible for stopping a runner from turning the corner. Now in this latest piece of work, you decide to disparage all white centers. What exactly is wrong with Chris Kaman (who numerous announcers have said would be a star on most teams), Mehmet Okur, Andrew Bogut or Andris Biedrins (who anyone with eyes can see is a great athlete)? You also decide that just because Spencer Hawes is white he isn't deserving of being a top 5 pick? Are you serious? Talk about a double standard, imagine what would happen if you said Jamarcus Russell shouldn't go number one overall because he's black. Racism and stereotyping are bad Bill, no matter who you are being racist or stereotyping against.

That's a good response. I hope he reads it because it really makes the point. Writing to people in this way may hopefully be effective in the long run.